No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think we could do well in a 3-4 front if you ask me. We are missing some pieces but could be fun to watch and if we draft well, we could have a GB type turnaround although probably not AS good.

Comment

• Michael Griffin to the Pro Bowl.

EDIT: Seems it's been that way for a while. He was 1st alternate, so when Polamalu and the Steelers won today, it was guaranteed for him to go. But apparently Griff got Ed Reed's spot after Reed dropped out a few days ago, so Polamalu's spot goes to the 2nd alternate, Eric Berry.
      Last edited by TitanHope; 01-24-2011, 12:10 AM.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• According to Jim Wyatt, Mangini is unlikely to be hired due to the lack of 3-4 personel the titans currently have. However he still has an outside chance to be hired, I assume to run a sort of hybrid 4-3.

On the note of the draft, I'm split on whether I want the team to draft a QB versus try to upgrade the defense. I'm leaning 60-40 on the defense idea. Blaine Gabbert has that prototypical build every coach wants, but he would be a project entering a season were there could be little practice time due to the strike. I also feel that Fisher is unlikely to put his fate in the hands of a rookie so he is unlikely to go that way. I guess I would look toasted Von Miller, Marcell Dareus or Akeem Ayers

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• I think at this point I'm hoping for a trade down. I might an hero if we draft any of the top 4 QBs in this draft.

Also, the more I thought about it, the less Mangini made since as defensive coordinator for us. I'm willing to bet McGinnis gets promoted.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• McGinnis is the right move. We'd have to blow up our defense for Mangini. We don't have the personnel for a full blown 3-4, and we don't have the DT's for a 2 Gapper. If we ran a hybrid, it's a 2 gap both ways. So we'd have a sucky 4-3 and a mismatched 3-4.

A 1 Gap 3-4 Hybrid is doable. A lot would still have to be done, but it's doable.

Maybe is there was a Raji or legit, can't miss 3-4 NT in this class. But there isn't. The switch for Green Bay is so smooth because of Raji and Matthews. They were able to land the two cornerstones of a DEF in one round. We don't have that opportunity, unless Phil Taylor is the real deal (I know tons are high on him, but I don't know much about him). Von Miller + Taylor would be our best bet.

Oh, and if we went to a 3-4, Babin is definitely gone. And who knows how Derrick Morgan would fit, as he'd probably move to OLB.

Oh^2, our zone-coverage CB's would probably have to play a lot more man-coverage. Finny could do it, but he struggles in man against big WR's. ATV is a great zone guy, and putting him in man takes away his biggest strength as a ballhawk. McCourty's physical talent would allow him, so he'd probably stay the same, but he's not a starter anyway.

But hell, if we blow up the defense, might as well do it entering the clusterfuck of a year we're heading into.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Nursing a boner.

Comment

• Title change!
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• so..... what the hell is going on?

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• that picture makes me feel swell cash$

Comment

• I'm hearing through some sources on Twitter that Vince Young is still out at QB.
                        This sucks.
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Right, I think both Fisher and Young are out, we bring in Mangini, who will progressively move us towards a 3-4, bring in Zorn to develop whoever we draft at #8 (Gabbert or Locker) and we enter into dark times for 2-3 years.

Comment

• So we are losing our head coach, our starting qb and may hire a guy that is going to try and make a pure 4-3 defense a 3-4?

FML

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                            I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• I don't wish death upon people, but damn Bud Adams needs to relinquish control of this team to someone with a brain.
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• He will move it there slowly, TB and JJ can be DE's for sure, Tully and Spoon can be inside thumpers, we will have to go after some OLB talent (McGrath will not do) all we would really need would be a NT and OLB's (the key cogs) and we would be fine...as long as it isn't a straight switch we will survive.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information