2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pit Bull #53
    I'd be extremely happy with either Jarrett or Ginn, but I don't think we draft a WR at all if Bennett if re-signed. You have to think that he is going to want the same type of contract that Givens got, because their numbers are about the same (infact Drew's best year is a ton better than Givens').

That would put us with Givens large contract, Bennett's contract which will likely be about the same, and then the contract of a top 10 pick, all tied up in the same position. That would just be a horrible financial decision. I think the only way we draft a WR in the 1st round is if Bennett is gone.

However, a guy like Robert Meachem () at the top of the 2nd round would make a lot of sense, and we could use the 1st rounder on defense.
    I hope we can land Ginn, he is too much of a game changer to pass up and we've never had a reciever that could bust one at any point.

but I also like that idea Pit Bull, if we could get gaines in the first and meachem in the second, that would be monsterous
    Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• Originally posted by Titans10
      Originally posted by Pit Bull #53
      I'd be extremely happy with either Jarrett or Ginn, but I don't think we draft a WR at all if Bennett if re-signed. You have to think that he is going to want the same type of contract that Givens got, because their numbers are about the same (infact Drew's best year is a ton better than Givens').

That would put us with Givens large contract, Bennett's contract which will likely be about the same, and then the contract of a top 10 pick, all tied up in the same position. That would just be a horrible financial decision. I think the only way we draft a WR in the 1st round is if Bennett is gone.

However, a guy like Robert Meachem () at the top of the 2nd round would make a lot of sense, and we could use the 1st rounder on defense.
      I hope we can land Ginn, he is too much of a game changer to pass up and we've never had a reciever that could bust one at any point.

but I also like that idea Pit Bull, if we could get gaines in the first and meachem in the second, that would be monsterous
      Adams in the first this year and EB in the first next year 8)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
      XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
      Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
      http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by smittyjs
        Originally posted by Titans10

Im assuming your talking about my boy from vandy Earl Bennett... I would sh!t myself if we drafted him.

smitty, on a side note about Vandy- Cutler starting on primetime :D 8) I cant wait
        Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• Originally posted by Titans10
          Originally posted by smittyjs
          Originally posted by Titans10

Im assuming your talking about my boy from vandy Earl Bennett... I would sh!t myself if we drafted him.

smitty, on a side note about Vandy- Cutler starting on primetime :D 8) I cant wait
          About time it 8)

Comment

• Knowing our history its not possible, but do you think its conceivable that we could draft two wideouts in the first two rounds? First off we don't do well signing free-agent wide recievers, yancey "my pantsy" thigpen, carl pickens, and david givens to name a few. With the money we have in free agency we should go out and sign a corner to fill that need.

Adding quality and depth to help out vince is crucial and i have the right pair in mind;
            Dwayne Jarrett WR USC 1st
            Steve Smith WR USC 2nd

They've developed a good relationship over the years, their friends and they compliment each other well. I dont think they would bicker over the ball. At SC they have played in big games and know vince from the rose bowl as well as teammate lendale white and norm chow as the coordinator.

Here in Los Angeles people think Steve Smith might actually be better then Jarrett and after the Washington State game they want smith to be the biletnikoff winner.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• I would take jarret over smith but i would want c johnson over them both. It would be worth it to get both, then the futre at wideout is solid for the futre

Comment

• Originally posted by Titanfreak46
                Knowing our history its not possible, but do you think its conceivable that we could draft two wideouts in the first two rounds? First off we don't do well signing free-agent wide recievers, yancey "my pantsy" thigpen, carl pickens, and david givens to name a few. With the money we have in free agency we should go out and sign a corner to fill that need.

Adding quality and depth to help out vince is crucial and i have the right pair in mind;
                Dwayne Jarrett WR USC 1st
                Steve Smith WR USC 2nd

They've developed a good relationship over the years, their friends and they compliment each other well. I dont think they would bicker over the ball. At SC they have played in big games and know vince from the rose bowl as well as teammate lendale white and norm chow as the coordinator.

Here in Los Angeles people think Steve Smith might actually be better then Jarrett and after the Washington State game they want smith to be the biletnikoff winner.

What do you guys think?
                I don't think it's a big enough need to draft in the first two rounds. Remember what stockpiling at a certain position does. That's what got us those gems Travis LaBoy, Antwan Odom and Bo Schobel. I think, unless we re-sign Bennett, that we could draft a WR in either the first or second, but not both. I like Meachem because he has the size to break tackles in the open field and has the speed to run away from defenders after he does it. I think we need to address either the DL or secondary in one of the first two rounds.

Btw, the given nicknames for our FA WR busts are "Carla" Pickens and "Nancy" Thigpen.

Comment

• idk

Im not totally sold on Ted Ginn jr. i really think he falls back on his speed way too much and I would personallly rather have Jarett. He really really impressed me against ND and i just think he's better than Ginn in every aspect of the game besides speed of course, which is what we're lacking so if they took ginn i wouldnt be THAT dissapointed but i would rather have Jarett. Also, you gotta think Norm Chow is gonna really pull for Jarett anyways. What do u guys think are the chances that Drew comes back? If he does, i could see how Ginn is a smart choice, but if he doesn't come back, i think it's a no brainer we take jarett. And if Gaines Adams is there, then this post is entirely useless.

Comment

• What's the deal with Chris Brown? Why did he want to be traded before?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

• Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                      What's the deal with Chris Brown? Why did he want to be traded before?
                      Well, it wasn't him that asked to be traded. IIRC, he hired a new agent this season, and the agent came out and asked to be traded after we drafted LenDale because he didn't see much of a future for Chris here. Chris himself has never said anything bad that I know of, and hasn't complained, that was all his agent. He likely won't be active for the rest of the year (and hasn't been since the beginning) because we only dress 2 RB's, and LenDale is guaranteed to dress because he plays special teams. Health is always a concern with Brown, but lately he doesn't seem to have the same burst that he had in 2004.

Comment

• What do you see L White's role for the futre

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeD
                          What do you see L White's role for the futre
                          Well, honestly, no one knows yet. I'd imagine we have every intention of giving him the shot to be our starting tailback of the future. He hasn't had enough opportunities to show what he's got yet. He's been pretty good in limited carries, but I think he needs a full workload before we can see what he really has to offer. Everything I've read from Fisher indicates that he likes him, likes his game and what he brings to the table. Now he just needs the shot to prove it.

Comment

• I don't think the Titans will be trying to invest big in a true #1 HB any time soon (i.e. no 1st rounder, and no huge extension for Henry) so White doesn't necessarily have to prove himself right now IMO. At the very least next year I think we'll still be in limbo as far as long term starting HB goes so he has plenty of time to show his stuff.

Don't get me wrong, Henry is great, but he doesn't have the consistency worthy enough to over shadow his age and contract situation. Even if he is extended I'd still consider the Titans to be in a transition stage as they look for their next HB. Henry is about as good a stop gap you could ask for and expect though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pit Bull #53
                              Originally posted by MikeD
                              Well, honestly, no one knows yet. I'd imagine we have every intention of giving him the shot to be our starting tailback of the future. He hasn't had enough opportunities to show what he's got yet. He's been pretty good in limited carries, but I think he needs a full workload before we can see what he really has to offer. Everything I've read from Fisher indicates that he likes him, likes his game and what he brings to the table. Now he just needs the shot to prove it.
                              he showed that hed kick the **** out of any one giving VY **** :P

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenson86
                                Originally posted by MikeD
                                he showed that hed kick the *********** out of any one giving VY *********** :P
                                8)

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information