2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
    Mike Munchak apparently has a shot at the job.
    Munch would actually make me excited.

The other obvious promotion from within is Dave McGinnis, who used to be the HC of the Arizona Cardinals. He's our Assistant HC/LB Coach.

Gregg Williams is another failed HC who used to be a Titans assistant. The man knows how to run a defense, though.

Then there are the dream guys, like Cowher and Gruden.

Russ Grimm is a thought too, and The Leaf Chronicle brought up Reinfeldt's Seattle connection with Mike Holmgren, so it stands to reason that he'll look into guys who are from the Holgren coaching tree. Plus, we'll probably interview Perry Fewell.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• - Brian Schottenheimer
      - Brian Billick
      - Greg Williams
      - Mike Munchak
      - Jim Schwartz (?)
      - Eric Mangini
      - Marty Mornhinwheg

Some of the names that will probably get consideration.
      -
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
        Munch would actually make me excited.

The other obvious promotion from within is Dave McGinnis, who used to be the HC of the Arizona Cardinals. He's our Assistant HC/LB Coach.

Gregg Williams is another failed HC who used to be a Titans assistant. The man knows how to run a defense, though.

Then there are the dream guys, like Cowher and Gruden.

Russ Grimm is a thought too, and The Leaf Chronicle brought up Reinfeldt's Seattle connection with Mike Holmgren, so it stands to reason that he'll look into guys who are from the Holgren coaching tree. Plus, we'll probably interview Perry Fewell.
        I'd seriously look at Fewell. Runs the 4-3 defense and has developed many great players.

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• I'd also like to point out with Fisher and Washburn both gone, I doubt Jason Babin re-signs with us.
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I think rebuilding will do us good, also if we get a FA QB, I would LOVE Cameron Jordan at #8.

Comment

• I think we'll bring in a FA QB to start right away, but we're going to take a QB now in the 1st Round. We have to. We just parted way with the only HC the Titans era has ever had, are resigning VY as a failed pick, lost the main coach the fans wanted to keep most of all (Wash), our OC is going through cancer and could retire now that Fish is gone, we fired our DC, and are coming off a hugely disappointing season where we finished last in the division.

The fanbase has become apathetic, and the organization has to do something to arouse energy, excitement, and interest going forward. And unless they hire Gruden, Cowher, or another huge hire like that, it's not gonna happen until they find a face of the franchise.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Cameron Jordan :(

Comment

• Munchak and Fewell would really be the only two that would have me excited. I could see how Gruden and Cowher would want to come here with ties to Tennessee, but they both seem comfortable where their at...... and I doubt they want to jump right into a stressful situation. I would be super excited to see what Munie could do, but I think priority 1 and 2 would be surrounding himself with great coordinators ( OC-Dinger, DC-????). He just seems like the ultimate players coach.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                  I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• no matter who the coach is were gunna be ****** the next 2-3 years...I say get a FA QB and then just suck the fat one this year and get Andrew Luck and then we will be fine
                    Last edited by Titansfan123; 01-29-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
                      - Brian Schottenheimer
                      -
                      Please Tennessee, please take Brian Schottenheimer as far away from the New York Jets as you can. I BEG OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I don't want him, I've just seen him mentioned as a possible candidate.
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Brian schottenheimer isnt ready to be a head coach yet...I dnt want munch at all he is a great offensive line coach but being an o line coach and a head coach are way different..i hope dinger stays especially if munch is the coach...I see munch being the next singletary everyone loves him great moral guy but making the jump from a position coach to head coach is hard not many people have been successful with that...I like Fewell a great Defensive coach wouldnt have to switch schemes we got all the right pieces for him...So if dinger leaves i like to bring in Mcdaniels he wasnt successful as a head coach but he had a great Offense while at denver.

Comment

• Here's an interview with Munch. I had never actually seen him on camera, so I didn't know if you guys had either. I came away very impressed: http://www.clipsyndicate.com/video/p...cast&wpid=8790

He's actually been an in-demand guy for a while. Tons of guys have tried to get him in for interviews for Offensive Coordinator, but we deny them. Even this offseason, Schefter reported that Munch turned down 3 different chances to leave.

If we promote from within, I want it to be Munch. He's was a great player. He's been a great position coach. He's attracted a lot of attention as a possible OC, despite never being one. And not being an OC doesn't really matter, since OC is X's and O's and HC is more manager and decision maker. But the guy has like nearly 30 years of experience in the NFL, and all of it has been with the Titans. I'm for giving him a shot, especially if Dinger and McGinnis stay on.
                            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Yeah, I want Munch to be our HC and I wanted Josh McDaniels to be our OC but he is with the Rams now :(. I good with Dinger and McGinnis as oour coordinators. I want Munch to bring Bruce Matthews and make him our OL coach/ assistant head coach.

Comment

• ^^^ Oooh that's a good idea that I hadn't thought about.
                                Shouldn't be too hard to pull him from the Texans either unless he just really loves living in Houston.
                                RIP themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information