No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me Kyle Rudolph and Marcus Cannon tomorrow please. Jake Locker, still elated at that pick, favorite pick of Tennessee's ever since I have followed the draft, even more so than when we picked Young.

Comment

• Reading what Mike Munchak says about Locker, he really seems like he could be an immense pick.

'I’m excited. I’m thrilled. This is the guy that if we got a quarterback, this is the guy I was looking at strongly—I thought it would be a great fit here. As Chris (Palmer) mentioned, that workout when we went out to Washington to spend some time with him, I liked him on tape a lot and then when I saw him out there and we put him through the workout and I watched him work with Chris and how he responded to it and how competitive he was. Just eyeballing it, seeing how intense he was and I just pictured myself in the huddle with this guy and I thought, ‘Man, these guys will love playing for this guy.’ I think he’s got something special like that where he’ll bring out the best in other players. I think they’ll want to play hard for him. I think if it’s third-and-six, he’s getting seven. I think he’s one of those kind of guys that is going to find a way to win for us. I think that the guys in this building will believe in him. I just remember coming home from that trip thinking, ‘Man, that guy was something special.’ If I hadn’t gone on that trip maybe I wouldn’t have felt that way because on film you don’t get that feeling, obviously, and in person I just felt really strongly about him and I went back and watched more tape and it just felt right. For the draft we had certain needs, obviously (quarterback) is one of them, and I am thrilled to be sitting here saying that we got the guy.'

Comment

• Locker's a great pick for you guys. I said a few months ago that he should be our pick at #3 (buffalo) and got chirped hard from my fellow Bills faithfull. He's the next Aaron Rogers and will lead the Titans to a Superbowl.

Enjoy him!

Comment

• Well i'm pretty happy with the pick boys, In the end Gabbert just seemed like he doesn't have the "IT" factor that a QB need in the NFL. There is some good talent still on the board for us in the second round to.

I sorta like the comparison to steve McNair by stephenson

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
          XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
          Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
          http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by smittyjs View Post
            Well i'm pretty happy with the pick boys, In the end Gabbert just seemed like he doesn't have the "IT" factor that a QB need in the NFL. There is some good talent still on the board for us in the second round to.

I sorta like the comparison to steve McNair by stephenson
            It only came to me recently, but he just seems like a carbon copy of McNair and we all know how well we did with that guy at the helm (1 ******* yard).

Comment

• I see most of Jake Lockers faults to be correctable, I mean even as lazy as Vince was, he learned to make check-downs and improved his footwork alot. His touch (which can't be taught IMO) may be his biggest issue and I don't think he is going to be elite passer because of it... but if he learns to read defenses before the snap he won't have to fit it between 2 defenders. I like the McNair comparison far more than Steve Young.. which is okay with me.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• Going over the list of remaining prospects here are some names that intrigue me for today:
                - Mikel LeShoure, HB
                - Kyle Rudolph, TE
                - Torrey Smith, WR
                - Randall Cobb, WR
                - Denarius Moore, WR
                - Luke Stocker, TE
                - Stefen Wisniewski, C
                - Rodney Hudson, C/G
                - Clint Boling, G/T
                - Kris O'Dowd, C
                - DaQuan Bowers, DE
                - Sam Acho, DE
                - Allen Bailey, DL
                - Greg Romeus, DE
                - Marvin Austin, DT
                - Stephen Paea, DT
                - Bruce Carter, LB
                - Mason Foster, LB
                - Mark Herzlich, LB
                - Martez Wilson, LB
                - Quan Sturdivant, LB
                - Greg Jones, LB
                - Casey Matthews, LB
                - Nate Irving, LB
                - Brandon Harris, CB
                - Shareece Wright, CB
                - Curtis Brown, CB
                - Quinton Carter, S
                - Jeron Johnson, S
                - Tyler Sash, S
                - Robert Sands, S
                - DeAndre McDaniel, S
                - Deunta Williams, S
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Lot of sex on the board there.

Comment

• Locker is outstanding for you guys, this guy has top pick talent, and was overly critiqued after being stuck in a sorry situation.

Huge talent, intelligence, and really high character. He's not a finished product, but all of the ground work is there for an elite QB in this league.
                    Originally posted by SNIPER26
                    fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Comment

• All I can do is sigh and facepalm.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I've been asking for a huge big hitting LBer for years. I'm not going to be pissy now that we finally got one.

Comment

• Akeem Ayers is soft for a linebacker though. Martez Wilson is a big hitter.
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• meh, Martez is also stiff and not nearly as fluid as Ayers. I think Akeem takes some play off too, but he also is a playmaker... which lets face it.. we don't have a play making LBer. Not estatic with the pick, but not upset with it.

Comment

• I saw somewhere that Akeem caused 7 FFs last year but on ESPN they have him with none. What's the deal?
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• We needed a quarterback. check.
                                We needed help on the front 7. check.

Not gonna pretend like I know how these players are gonna end up, cause I ain't got a clue. Only seen Ayers play a couple of times and wasn't even really focusing on him. Seen Locker play plenty of times and I like what he's all about. Bottom line for me is that we picked players that can upgrade spots that needed to be upgraded.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information