No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting the impression we are going to move Spoon to MLB, Ayers at SLB and then Curran or McGrath at WLB? I like the idea of Spoon at MLB.

Comment

• My impression is that Ruud is playing middle while Spoon, Ayers, and McRath all stay outside. McCarthy could figure into the middle eventually depending on how good he actually is.

Comment

• I think it'll end up Spoon at WLB with Curran backing him up, Ruud at MIKE with McCarthy backing him up, and Gerald McRath at SLB with Ayers backing him up. I think Ayers has the best chance of seeing playing time among the backups, considering he's probably the best pass-rusher of the group and he's been playing lights out in camp. He could even supplant McRath as the starter.

But if there's an injury, it can have a ripple effect through the group. If, say, Ruud is injured, I think they'd shift McRath inside rather than have just McCarthy step up. Then put Ayers as the starting SLB, so you have the 3 best LB's on the field. I'd say put Spoon at MIKE rather than McRath, but then you'd have to move McRath to WLB so Ayers can take over SLB, which is shifting the ENTIRE group rather than a few, and honestly I'm not sure if the difference between Spoon and McRath at MIKE would be that noticeable.

I'll warm up to the McCarthy pick someday, and but for Ayers I've gone from, "Sweet, great value, tons of talent, AND FINALLY pass-rush ability!" to "OMGBEAST!" Dude just needs to keep putting in 100% effort wise, which was his issue coming out. He can play like Von Miller one play and take the next play off.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• This was a rather interesting tweet:

Jim Wyatt- Nice break-up by Gerald McRath at the goal-line. Looks like McRath and Witherspoon will battle it out for OLB starting spot

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
          I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

• McRath definitely fits better as a run and hit weakside backer. Hope Ayers gets the other side locked down and leaves no doubts if he should be starting or not.

Comment

• To go along with that tweet:
              Jim Wyatt- Munchak made it sound like Ayers will start at one OLB spot and battle on between McRath and Witherspoon for the other #Titans
              Pretty cool that Ayers seems to be setting himself apart from our other LB's.

Comment

• Jim Wyatt-
                Munchak made it sound like Ayers will start at one OLB spot and battle on between McRath and Witherspoon for the other

Edit: WHoops I got beat to the news!

Comment

• Just got back from Seattle. Wore my Tits hat the whole time and of course almost everyone would talk to me about Hasselbeck and Locker. They really love those guys up there.
                  Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                  RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Titans are looking to either bring in Mason or Cotchery .

Comment

• I want Mason. He could teach Damian and Mariani the tricks of the trade and maybe give some guidance to Britt.
                      RIP themaninblack

Comment

• You guys think Britt is on the trading block? Someone rumored in on baltimoreravens.com He said Britt is out with a "hamstring injury" and it doesnt seem like he likes it there and maybe we can get him cheap.

Comment

• I don't think Britt is on the trading block. At least, I haven't heard a single rumor about it, other than some fan frustration over his offseason hijinks. And Munch has been communicating with him ever since the CBA was settled, and the hamstring injury is legit - Britt always has something wrong with his hammies.

Britt is fairly untradeable, in my view. We can't get the value he gives us in return because of his legal troubles, and shipping him out based on principle revokes basically the only viable passing threat that Jake Locker has for the future. Sure, Jared Cook has the talent to become a great Joker TE, but he hasn't proven that yet, Damian Williams propably is better served as a #2/Slot WR, and Nate Washington is too inconsistent. And when our best FA options at this moment are Jerricho Cotchery, Steve Smith (NYG), and Derrick Mason, it's not like we can replace him through that route.

I just don't think the offense can afford to willingly give up Britt. CJ may be our best player, but Britt made that offense go last year. The offense sputtered when we lost VY, but we also lost Britt to injury around the same time. Collins could have probably been a game manager had Britt stayed healthy, but without him, the offense fell apart under KFC. I don't want to have to watch the same thing happen to Hasselbeck and see it take Locker 4 years to look like a viable passer because he has no go-to option that he feels comfortable throwing it to.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Yeah there is no chance and that rumor is completely B.S.... no way in hell we could afford to trade Britt.... that, and the fact Munchak and Palmer have publicly said they plan to run the passing game around him when he gets back from his hammy (which should be Monday).

Comment

• Cortland Finnegan is now holding out for whatever reason.

I understand he's in the last year of his contract but c'mon man. You're making almost 4 million dollars this year and he had just an ok season last year. Not to mention the team has bigger holdout fish to fry right now.
                              Last edited by CashmoneyDrew; 08-06-2011, 01:35 PM.
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
                                Just got back from Seattle. Wore my Tits hat the whole time and of course almost everyone would talk to me about Hasselbeck and Locker. They really love those guys up there.
                                You picked a good time to come out, the weather had been pretty lousy up till about a week ago. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information