2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobo View Post
    I really like the Ball signing, but I still want another DE. Ball has had injury issues and is on the wrong side of 30. A 1 year contract 2 years (or is it 3?)in a row tells you the Titans don't really think of him as long term.

I could see going for a guy like Irvin, Fugger or Burris late, or maybe another of those types (think Jacob Ford). Irvin is a freak, and IF the Titans think that pass rush ability is worth a 2nd, then I'd be happy to hear his name called. Wimbly was about the same size out of college, but I don't know how they compare vs the run (haven't seen much tape of Irvin vs the run).
    It's hard to analyze Bruce Irvin against the run because the Mountaineers ran a 3-3-5 defense, so he was playing as a DE in a 3 man line weighing 245. From what I've seen, I think he can translate to the NFL because he has effort and in my opinion you can learn to play the run pretty well, but pass rushing is harder to teach

Comment

• Originally posted by MicktheGreat View Post
      I also think the Douzable signing is a smart move because he's a young guy with good size/versatility, who is apparently very stout against the run. Honestly, because of his run-stuffing ability and his previous positional-experience with both the Rams and the Jags, I expect Douzable to play mostly DT for us.
      I also read he has played DT at 295-305. Makes me curious how they will use him and at what weight. But let's say they want him mostly at LDE (maybe play inside more on pass downs some like Ball), and Shaun Smith and Marks get cut, we don't have much beef in the middle. Going with our new theme of run stuffing, do they go after another DT who's strength is run stuffing? Brockers? Poe? Brandon Thompson? Or a guy later? I guess it's possible they could go for two DT's. They have drafted more than one guy for positions in the past, of course with different guys running the show. We could have something that looked like this...

DE:
      1. Derrick Morgan
      2. Kamerion Wimbley
      3. ROOKIE (Couples/Whitney/Perry/Curry/Irvin/etc.)
      4. Dave Ball
      5. Leger Douzable

DT:
      1. Jurrell Casey
      2. ROOKIE (Brockers/Poe/Worthy/Still/Reyes/Thompson/etc.)
      3. Karl Klug
      4. ROOKIE (Wolfe/Howard/Fangupo/Hicks/Kuhn/Powell/Robertson)
      5. Zach Clayton (big maybe, and if we even keep 10)

Ah what the hell...alternate mock time!

1. Jerel Worthy - DT
      Reek havoc in the backfield

2. Bruce Irvin - DE
      Do what the guy above you does

3. James Brown - OG
      Prevent guys from reeking havoc in our backfield

4. Leonard Johnson - CB
      Me and Mighty already determined this dude is legit ;)

5. Hebron Fangupo - DT
      Big boy stuff run

6. Jerry Franklin - LB
      Very productive in the SEC and may have enough athleticism to play outside

7. Matt Daniels - S
      Like his cousin Jack, he's just a fun guy to have around

Comment

• Originally posted by mightytitan9 View Post
        It's hard to analyze Bruce Irvin against the run because the Mountaineers ran a 3-3-5 defense, so he was playing as a DE in a 3 man line weighing 245. From what I've seen, I think he can translate to the NFL because he has effort and in my opinion you can learn to play the run pretty well, but pass rushing is harder to teach
        He does look lean too, may be able to add some weight if need be and many guys do after getting in NFL weight rooms. Of course strength isn't the only key to stopping the run, he can make athletic plays to stop the run. He did that some from what I saw and also had some good bull rushes.

But even in the end if he does lack a bit in the run game but gets a lot of sacks and QBH's, then his value in the 2nd could be legit.

Comment

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew
          Well that was quite the game to attend in person.
          I was thinking hopefully you didnt leave early.

I'll be at the monday night game tomorrow night. A friend of mine called, he scored two seats in the Centurylink Box.

Comment

• guys how's my boy kenny's ankle? heard he got hurt in the end of the game, despite looking sexy all game
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew
              Well that was quite the game to attend in person.
              That's one we all wish we coulda seen live. I didn't even get to see it all on the boobtube dammit the radio just doesn't do it justice.

Still worried about this run game. Did it look like problems from the o-line, CJ, or both?

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                I was thinking hopefully you didnt leave early.

I'll be at the monday night game tomorrow night. A friend of mine called, he scored two seats in the Centurylink Box.
                I never leave early!

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                guys how's my boy kenny's ankle? heard he got hurt in the end of the game, despite looking sexy all game
                Just tweaked. He'll play this weekend.

Originally posted by Bobo View Post
                That's one we all wish we coulda seen live. I didn't even get to see it all on the boobtube dammit the radio just doesn't do it justice.

Still worried about this run game. Did it look like problems from the o-line, CJ, or both?

From my view it looked like it was mostly o-line. CJ had a few solid runs, but most plays he just didn't have anywhere to really go.
                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I was pleasantly surprised the line gave Jake time to find some targets out there. They still can't run block for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobo View Post

I'm gonna check out the coaches all-22 film this week for sure. Usually becomes available Tuesday or Wednesday and I'll report what I see. First couple games have been a mixed bag, with blame going to the OL and CJ both. Despite what the line is or isn't doing, CJ has got to stop running like a *****. We need a back that will take what's there and get us consistent positive yards.

Comment

• I wonder if we'll give our backup RB's more reps any time soon? There's not much we can do to change the o-line that'll make huge differences I don't think (but I'd still experiment with backups if things don't improve).

It'd be nice to see how Jake matures without having to carry the team in his first year as a starter. Otoh, maybe it's good experience if he can handle the pressure of that challenge.

Comment

• I think we have to get guys like Ringer and Harper the ball. At some point, you have to instill into CJ's mind that, regardless of the circumstances, he's not performing to the expectations of what's required of him. And that's in all phases, with him not giving his all on blocks and dropping easy passes as well.

Also, what's the word on McCarthy? We're gonna need him against the Texans in a big way.
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Munchak is holding out hope he'll play this weekend. So take that for whatever it's worth.
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                            You may have ended up seeing a crazier game than I did. Eh?
                            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• I left a voicemail for Roger Goodell:

http://tindeck.com/listen/cqvk

Originally posted by phlysac
                              I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
                              The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Alex View Post
                                I left a voicemail for Roger Goodell:

http://tindeck.com/listen/cqvk
                                Hey wait a sec...do I sense sarcasm in that "Thank you"? -____-

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information