2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
    You may have ended up seeing a crazier game than I did. Eh?
    Seriously. First off i find out i wasn't in the CTL box, not surprising. At least got a nice buffet on my old company.

The game was quite the spectacle. There was a large number of Packers fans there and at least the ones i saw were all quite polite if not sober.

About half way through the 3rd quarter the officiating went down hill and fast. Overall i'd say Seattle got the benefit of the calls but there were a couple that went against them. The last play is obviously one of the most terrible calls ever but it all seems less tragic when you win.

Comment

• Hopefully, they don't replace the refs until after this Sunday. We'll need their help against Houston.
      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• LMAO great point. I love it

Comment

• Looks like Kenny is out yet again. McCarthy probably again as well. Cook and Ringer both have practiced this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
            Looks like Kenny is out yet again. McCarthy probably again as well. Cook and Ringer both have practiced this week.
            Looks like Kenny is out yet again. McCarthy probably again as well.

Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Looks like Kenny is out yet again. McCarthy probably again as well.

Originally posted by phlysac
              I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
              The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Comment

• I'm looking at FA's for this upcoming offseason, and the Titans are sitting pretty. KFFL says the only 2013 FA's we have are K Rob Bironas, RG Leroy Harris, OG Deuce Lutui, DE Dave Ball, and WLB Will Witherspoon. Sportrac says Cookie, Reynaud, Marks, and Mouton are FA's as well.

I assume we'll tag Bironas. If the Titans let him get away, I will rain fire and brimstone from the heavens. Cookie, Reynaud, and Marks are important re-signs. I assume Lutui is good as gone too. I'd like Ball back, and I remain a massive fan of his, but he should retire due to all the concussions. I assume we'll let Spoon walk and let Zach Brown take over the WLB spot. I bet we could bring Harris back for super cheap, and have him backup Hutchinson and whoever we replace him with at RG. Let Mouton walk and let Coty Sensabaugh replace him at NB.

But there are a ton of other FA's who I'm super interested in. Chris Clemons, Osi Umenyiora, Dwight Freeney, and Michael Bennett are all FA DE's. I've always been a Quentin Jammer fan, and he's a FA. TJ Lang is a FA OG. And along with Osi, New York has SS Kenny Phillips and OG Kevin Boothe hitting the market as well.

I'm hoping for Barrett Jones or Chance Warmack in the draft. The Titans don't value OG. That much is apparent. So Jones or Warmack would have to be drafted as a Center, which hopefully is a position the Titans place a 1st RD value on. Hopefully, we can sign an OG like Boothe or Lang, but if not, have Jones/Warmack play RG for his rookie season so they can acclimate to the NFL while they master the Center position in practice, and then the next year, move them to C and move Amano to LG since Hutchinson will probably be Jake Scott'ing it. Hopefully the Titans will have signed a pass-rusher like Clemons, Osi, or Freeney, and if they don't sign a Kenny Phillips or Tyvon Branch, then it would leave the Titans able to draft a SS or RB in the 2nd RD.

THAT'S RIGHT I SAID RB! It'd be sweet to trade back into the 1st for a guy like Lattimore or Knile Davis. I love CJ, and while I love that he became historic with his 2,000 yard season and broke the YFS record, I think all those carries and all those catches really killed his body. He's not just struggling to hit the hole hard and sacrificing yards for the chance for a big play. The guy's just not as fast as he used to be. I don't think we should rely on him for 275-300 carries every season until his contract runs out. I think we need another starting caliber back who can split carries with him. I watched Trent Richardson play against Baltimore tonight, and I got super jealous. It's the fricken Ravens, and Richardson is dragging them up and down the field. CJ could never do that, especially now. I'm not asking for a Trent Richardson, but I want a guy who can run up the middle and break tackles so we can use CJ like he should be used: running outside the tackles and catching passes. His stats will suffer, but I think it'll help the team more at the expense of CJ.

But it doesn't matter who the RB is unless they fix the gorram OL and the coaches wise up with their rushing calls and formations.

Oh, and I have no clue what our OL scheme is anymore. If it's a power scheme, then it's no wonder CJ is struggling. He's a ZBS back all the way.
                Last edited by TitanHope; 09-28-2012, 06:08 AM.
                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I agree with all that stuff. It's a shame the guys in charge don't value OGs. I still want DeCastro.

Originally posted by phlysac
                  I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
                  The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.

Comment

• you're not getting kenny and boothe. they're mine.

Why is Britt out? :(

and yes, I creep on your discussion thread, deal with it
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• He hurt his ankle in the game Sunday.

I'm a big proponent of drafting RBs in the late 1st or 2nd rd every 4-5 years and not paying them a 2nd contract and just let em walk. It's not a huge investment, you don't have to pay them much anymore, and you keep fresh young legs at the position.

Comment

• Oh and if we let Cookie walk to another team after this year, I'm going to be furious.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          TJ Lang is a FA OG. And along with Osi, New York has SS Kenny Phillips and OG Kevin Boothe hitting the market as well.
                          Lang signed a 4 year deal this offseason. I guess Boothe is worth checking out. I don't think I want Harris back even super cheap.

Comment

• Like the talk of interior linemen in the draft but where the team is likely to draft that is probably too high. Barring a trade down the best value is probably going to be on defense.

Comment

• Don't worry! We have Michael Griffin long-term instead!
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
                                Don't worry! We have Michael Griffin long-term instead!
                                I still will never understand that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information