• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestling program contacts Pacman
    Suspended Titans probably won't enter ring, though

By JIM WYATT
    Staff Writer

Pacman Jones might be suspended from the NFL, but no one said anything about pro wrestling.

Seriously.

The latest twist in the soap opera involving Jones looks like it will include the controversial Titans cornerback being involved in professional wrestling. Doing flips off the ropes to pin an opponent or even taking part in the action probably won't be a part of his role, however, his attorney said Sunday night.

Worrick Robinson, who represents Jones, said his client has been approached by Total Nonstop Action Wrestling "to participate in their line of entertainment.''

But Robinson said Jones "won't be wrestling'' and he won't be playing the part of a villain as some might expect.

"Pacman is talking with TNA at this time and we expect an announcement to be made in the next several days,'' Robinson said. "It is not anticipated that he'll be wrestling, but discussions are taking place for him to have some role in their profession. But details have not be finalized.''

Jones was suspended by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on April 10 for an accumulation of off-field incidents, and his request to take part in the team's training camp was denied last week.

Robinson said Jones has had a number of discussions with TNA, but described any involvement Jones would have as "a short-term thing.''

Former Titans tight end Frank Wycheck took part in a TNA event in June, when he was joined by Titans defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch.

"Pacman remains dedicated to returning to the Titans and any other interests are just that, interests,'' Robinson said.
    *shakes his head*
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• From what I've read on the accounts of practices, Roydell seems to be getting almost all his reps with the 1s, with Moulds, Roby, and Jones splitting the others. Moulds and Roby apparently getting the majority of them.

Reading the Tennessean reports from Wyatt, it seems like Jones is starting to make more plays, so he could be working himself back up the food chain.

Comment

• Its crazy to know that Brandon is actually doing worse than Courtney and Roydell. I'm hoping its just a major improvement on the two, and not a decline on the one.

Honestly, I think Moulds will make a good impact for us this year. He had a decent year in Houston, so him being a possession receiver for us isn't asking for the moon.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vRYaQAEnVo

Roby's catch from the other day

Comment

• im going to training camp today. ill let you guys know of anything interesting later tonight.

Comment

• Have fun, drew.

I literally busted out laughing when Chris Hope slapped the ball out of Roby's hand in that video. Great catch, nonetheless. Kinda like the "Tyrone Prothro Catch."
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Well, TC was a bust today. The team went into the bubble after about 45 minutes of special teams today so i really didnt see much. Hopefully I'll be able to go back next week.

Comment

• Did you get to see the fight?

Comment

• unfortunately no, but i heard about it. i love how vince doesnt take crap from anyone. it kinda reminds me of last year against the patriots he threw that INT and then when down and speared the guy returning it. i think it was asante samuel.

Comment

• Wish I lived closer to Nashville so I could make it out to a few training camps. That won't stop me from making it out to 5 games this year though

Comment

• im pretty sure im going to the titans/redskins preseason game.

Comment

• Vince Young > Asante Samuel
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Rookie DT Antonio Johnson is out for the year with a torn ACL.

Shouldn't be a huge blow, because we have alot of bodies at DT as long as Rien Long is good to go. We could afford to lose someone at DT as long as it wasn't a first teamer. This may save Mahelona's roster spot unless someone else has already passed him.

Comment

• Anthony "Booger" McFarland, the Indianapolis Colts' best DT, is out for the season.

At least our DT depth is waaaaay better than the Colts...
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• hmm... maybe bring corey simon back in the fold?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information