No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the story on Simon? Could he be a good pick-up, or is he over with injuries?

*Wanders over to the Colts' forum*
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Simon is done. He had a non-football condition last year, and he's out of shape and basically can't play anywhere. I seriously doubt he would pass a physical. If he could play, they would NOT have cut him because they took a serious cap hit to do so.

Comment

• Well, I'm going to the game tonight. I'll be sitting in the north endzone, and I've never had seats behind an endzone before, so it'll be an interesting change of view. I can't wait to see how Cortland plays on the outside (i'm sure he'll do awesome). I also am very much looking forward to seeing Chris Henry run in a real game situation. It'd be awesome if he breaks a long one and took it to the house. I also am interested in watching Antwan Odom. I'll go ahead and call it: he'll have at least one sack and a couple more pressures. I think he'll be our standout defensive player tonight. I knocked on wood just now to make sure that I didn't jinx him :) Anyway, happy viewing tonight! The wait is OVER!!! Hahahahahha....!!!!!
        "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!

Comment

• I'm wondering what's the status of rookie wideout Chris Davis out of Florida State. How's he doing in camp? What are his chances of making major contributions on this team? Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
          On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
          Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

• Chris Davis will probably be the backup slot receiver behind Courtney Roby. If Roby were to get hurt, then Davis will probably see a lot of playing time. That is, assuming they don't move Brandon Jones or Eric Moulds to the slot. He'll also get his fair shake at punt returns, although Cortland Finnegan looked like the best punt returner at training camp. Although, if Finnegan becomes a starter at corner, then they might let Davis return punts so that Finnegan can stay fresh. Yes, Pacman did both last year, but that's Pacman. I don't expect to see Davis returning kickoffs. I think that job will go to either Chris Henry or Courtney Roby. If you ask me, I don't think we will see too much of Chris Davis this season if the players in front of him stay healthy. Rather, he is valuable depth at slot receiver and punt returner.
            "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

Comment

• man, i was supposed to go to this game. my friend had tickets and told me i could have one so i took off work. then he tells me today his mom and sister are going instead. they dont even like football. complete BS.

Comment

• Report: White expected to take starting job

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...e=95672&spln=1

also just saw this on espn
                Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• I don't think this is surprising, but I think we all have our own preferrence on who we want to start. But it seems evident we're going with a "3-headed Monster" rushing attack, unless Fish gets down on somebody (Ala Chris Brown last year). I haven't seen one whole preseason game yet, since I have basic cable on Comcast, so I don't know who looks good and who doesn't.

We have 3 totally different types of backs. They'll all get playing time, and we'll decide our set starter a little into the season, and find out who fits our style of offense better.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Cool article I found on Yahoo. Someone actually is giving love to our improving secondary!
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I'm high on our secondary too...

I still wish that we'd put Griffin at FS (because I think he's head-and-shoulders better than Lamont & Lowry).

If it were my decision, our secondary would look like:
                      RCB -- Nick Harper, Reynaldo Hill, Eric King
                      LCB -- Cortland Finnegan, Kelly Herndon
                      FS -- Michael Griffin, Calvin Lowry, Vincent Fuller
                      SS -- Chris Hope, Bart Scott

Comment

• You mean Bryan Scott behind Hope, right?

Griff is obviously going to be better than Thompson and Lowry. But, if he's going to be a Free Safety, which is normally the cover safety, he needs to learn how to be great in coverage. I think the coaches are wanting him to play CB for one year to improve his coverage skills, which are already good, and to get playing time. Because despite Lamont's defects, I don't know if a rookie can immediately beat him out. But, whenever Lamont does get the boot and Griff starts playing, he'll be able to cover and tackle tight ends, and cover and tackle WR's all by himself. Which means we can be more creative on defense, cause hopefully by that time, we'll have a new DC!

Anyway, best case scenario, that I see, for Griffin moving to FS is halfway through the season. But if that does happen, it will either mean Lamont is playing that bad, Griff is playing that well, or our defense is that bad, so why the hell not?
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                          You mean Bryan Scott behind Hope, right?

Griff is obviously going to be better than Thompson and Lowry. But, if he's going to be a Free Safety, which is normally the cover safety, he needs to learn how to be great in coverage. I think the coaches are wanting him to play CB for one year to improve his coverage skills, which are already good, and to get playing time. Because despite Lamont's defects, I don't know if a rookie can immediately beat him out. But, whenever Lamont does get the boot and Griff starts playing, he'll be able to cover and tackle tight ends, and cover and tackle WR's all by himself. Which means we can be more creative on defense, cause hopefully by that time, we'll have a new DC!

Anyway, best case scenario, that I see, for Griffin moving to FS is halfway through the season. But if that does happen, it will either mean Lamont is playing that bad, Griff is playing that well, or our defense is that bad, so why the hell not?
                          Yeah...I meant Scott would be Hope's backup at SS. And while Griffin's a rookie, he can't be any worse than Lamont is -- who seems to COMPLETELY blow 2-3 assignments each game for big gains. I think this is just another example of Fisher&co. being too loyal to some of the vets (which we've seen in the past, IMO).

BTW...does anyone else wonder what the appeal of DC Jim Schwartz is??? It doesn't matter how bad our DEF is, anytime you hear a sports "expert" (i.e. ESPN) talk about Schwartz, it's nothing but praise about how brilliant & innovative he is and how he's such a good DC.

I'm sorry...but Schwartz is about as innovative as a ham sandwich. Seriously...you know that our DEF is going to run some form of a nickel-package almost all the time and rush ONLY four. In the rare occasions that we actually blitz, it's always (and I mean ALWAYS) a corner blitz -- usually the nickle corner. I guess boring, predictable, ineffective play-calling now constitutes someone being a brilliant coach...

Comment

• Apparantly, LenDale practiced today. I guess that means that he'll atleast get some work with the first team on Friday, if not start. Here's hoping he makes a case for himself.

Comment

• I'd much rather Griffin turn into a great CB than a great FS. Harper isn't gonna be around forever. However, I do agree with the premise that we need the 4 best players out there in the secondary, and in my opinion that is Finnegan, Griffin, Harper, and Hope. The only way to get all 4 on the field is if 1 of them plays FS. That seems to be the predicament we're in, and to be honest, it's not a bad one because it shows we finally have some depth back there.

But I'm not like alot of people in that I'm against Griffin being a corner without giving it a chance. Like I said, I'd much rather him be a great cornerback than a great safety. But if they ever wanna move him to safety, that's cool by me.

Comment

• Just think if Pacman starts behaving like a civilized human being... Next year our secondary would look like this:

CB: Pacman Jones, Eric King
                                CB: Cortland Finnegan, Reynaldo Hill
                                NB: Nick Harper, Kelly Herndon
                                SS: Chris Hope, Who Knows?
                                FS: Michael Griffin, Calvin Lowry, Vince Fuller

Or at least, that's what I would want for it to look like. I'd put that secondary against any in the league and say that we're better. Let's say that we take WR in the first round and DT in the second. I don't see how we're not Super Bowl contenders next year if Pac comes back. Plus, we have a lot of salary cap space to use if we want to go out and get somebody in FA. Like my signature says, "T-Minus one year until the beginning of the Titans dynasty!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information