No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My money is on Pac not being a member of the Titans when the dust settles...we'll see though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanAddict View Post
      Just think if Pacman starts behaving like a civilized human being... Next year our secondary would look like this:

CB: Pacman Jones, Eric King
      CB: Cortland Finnegan, Reynaldo Hill
      NB: Nick Harper, Kelly Herndon
      SS: Chris Hope, Who Knows?
      FS: Michael Griffin, Calvin Lowry, Vince Fuller

Or at least, that's what I would want for it to look like. I'd put that secondary against any in the league and say that we're better. Let's say that we take WR in the first round and DT in the second. I don't see how we're not Super Bowl contenders next year if Pac comes back. Plus, we have a lot of salary cap space to use if we want to go out and get somebody in FA. Like my signature says, "T-Minus one year until the beginning of the Titans dynasty!"
      do you really think lendale can get you to a superbowl? who are the other running backs chris henry?
      Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

• Originally posted by mangini for pres View Post
        do you really think lendale can get you to a superbowl? who are the other running backs chris henry?
        Of course he can get us to a Superbowl. Since when do you need a pro bowl running back to go to the Superbowl, anyway? How about when the Patriots won a couple of Superbowls with Antowain Smith and Kevin Faulk? The Colts won it last year with Addai and Rhodes. The Bucs won with Pittman.

Keep in mind, LenDale is only in his second year. He doesn't even turn 23 until December 20th. That makes him about 4 years younger than Larry Johnson, who is considered a relatively young back.
        "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!

Comment

• Chris Henry and Chris Brown are our other 2 RB's. LenDale has the capability to help us get to a Super Bowl, but whether or not he does will be decided by him. Chris Henry is still boom or bust. And Chris Brown, though injury prone, is a proven 1000+ yard back.
          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Just think if Pacman starts behaving like a civilized human being... Next year our secondary would look like this:

CB: Pacman Jones, Eric King
            CB: Cortland Finnegan, Reynaldo Hill
            NB: Nick Harper, Kelly Herndon
            SS: Chris Hope, Who Knows?
            FS: Michael Griffin, Calvin Lowry, Vince Fuller

Or at least, that's what I would want for it to look like. I'd put that secondary against any in the league and say that we're better. Let's say that we take WR in the first round and DT in the second. I don't see how we're not Super Bowl contenders next year if Pac comes back. Plus, we have a lot of salary cap space to use if we want to go out and get somebody in FA. Like my signature says, "T-Minus one year until the beginning of the Titans dynasty!"
            And I forgot to mention that we will have David Givens back next year, too.
            "A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

Comment

And I forgot to mention that we will have David Givens back next year, too.
              Love the optimism Addict, I agree we are slowely building large amounts of young talent and we will be very good soon

but about Givens, I doubt he ever sees a football field again. From what I read on the TOMB(titans online Message Board) Givens was seen in Nashville about a week ago at Subaway and a fan on the TOMB asked him how his knee was and he replied, "not where I want it to be"...Then he walked out with a very bad limp, i would be surprised if he ever played again; if, and when he does I doubt he will be the same player he was before....I could be completely wrong but that is what I've heard from several people
              Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• I met Vanden Bosch today, cool guy.

Comment

• First round of cuts is out. Bye bye to:

Jonathan Orr
                  Marques Ogden (Jonathans lil brother)
                  Quartez Vickerson
                  Brandon Sharp
                  Andy Thorn
                  Jermaine McElveen
                  Glenn Pakulak

No surprises yet. Maybe Orr being cut this early, but I knew he would be eventually anyway.

Comment

• Yeah, don't think anyone of those were surprising.

Hmm, who do you guys think the next big(ish) name to be cut will be?

I've got a feeling it'll be Woolfolk. But I'm not familiar with his contract, etc. The secondary just seems too crowded.
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Woolfolk was released today. We put him on IR a week or so ago and just reached an injury settlement with him today which means he is no longer a Titan.

We also just put Michael Waddell on IR today. Expect to see him suffer the same fate as Andre in a few days.

Comment

• Are you @#%&ing serious?! I am so proud of myself right now! Go me!
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Here's what I think the 53-man-roster will be:

QB Vince Young, Kerry Collins
                          RB Lendale White, Chris Brown, Chris Henry
                          FB Ahmard Hall
                          WR Brandon Jones, Roydell Williams, Eric Moulds, Chris Davis (PR/KR), Courtney Roby, Paul Williams, Justin Gage
                          TE Bo Scaife, Ben Troupe, Ben Hartsock
                          OT Michael Roos, David Stewart, Daniel Loper (OT/OG), Seth Wand
                          OG Jacob Bell, Benji Olson, Eugene Amano (OG/C)
                          C Kevin Mawae, Leroy Harris

DE Kyle Vanden Bosch, Antwan Odom, Travis LaBoy, Tony Brown (DE/DT)
                          DT Albert Haynesworth, Corey Simon, Randy Starks, Jesse Mahelona
                          OLB Keith Bulluck, David Thornton, Gilbert Gardner, LeVar Woods
                          MLB Stephen Tulloch, Ryan Fowler
                          CB Nick Harper, Cortland Finnegan (KR), Michael Griffin, Reynaldo Hill, Kelly Herndon, Eric King
                          SS Chris Hope, Bryan Scott
                          FS Lamont Thompson, Calvin Lowry, Vincent Fuller

K Rob Bironas
                          P Craig Hentrich
                          LS Ken Amato

PRACTICE SQUAD:
                          RB Quinton Ganther
                          WR Biran Ealy
                          TE Casey Cramer
                          LB Terna Nande
                          CB Ryan Smith

IR/PUP:
                          WR David Givens
                          DE Jacob Ford
                          DT Antonio Johnson

Comment

• Anyone think we'll pick up Quinton Moses to replace Connover? That is, if he clears waivers to us.

Comment

• Titans expected to sign Martin

By JIM WYATT
                              Staff Writer

The Titans are expected to sign former Montgomery Bell Academy quarterback Ingle Martin to their practice squad.

Martin, released by the Green Bay Packers last week, recently visited the Carolina Panthers and drew interest from other teams. But he was scheduled to take a physical for the Titans today, and if he passes he'll be signed.

Martin was a fifth-round pick by the Packers in 2006. He finished his college career at Furman after spending his first three years at the University of Florida. In addition to playing quarterback, Martin punted.

The Titans currently don't have plans to carry a third quarterback behind Vince Young and Kerry Collins on their 53-man roster. They released veteran Tim Rattay on Saturday.

As a member of the practice squad, Martin would work only in practice.

The Titans are expected to finalize their practice squad today. Already signed is linebacker Colin Allred, according to the player's agent. Allred was released by the Titans on Saturday.

The Titans did not put in a claim on any player released by other NFL clubs on Saturday.

Comment

Anyone think we'll pick up Quinton Moses to replace Connover? That is, if he clears waivers to us.
                                Personally, I'm not much of a Moses fan. He seems like a one-trick pony to me (pass-rushing) and we pretty much already have that in Travis LaBoy.

I'd rather have seen the Titans make a play for a run-stuffing DT -- maybe Kimo Von Oelhoffen or someone similar. That way, Tony Brown could rotate more with Odom on 1st-and-2nd downs (letting LaBoy come in on 3rd).

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information