No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisher had his Monday news conference and answered a few questions.

He said that he liked what he saw out of Michael Griffin in his first game at FS. He said he did what was expected and the only things he saw were little things that they coach. Basically what we all said on here.

He also says that he's impressed with Chris Henry, but that Chris Brown will start again when healthy.

Ken Amato is out for the season with a torn ACL.

He said that he is not concerned with Vince's performance, since Vince wasn't a major part of the gameplan, which was run-run-run. He also said that 4 passes were dropped by receivers, including 2 TD passes. He said that the Troupe pass was "one of those things" that don't go as planned but no one is to blame.

He said the almost late hit by Warren Sapp was not a foul.

Brandon Jones should be practicing by Wednesday and available for Sunday's game.

Plus, a bunch of little things about the game. If you want to read the conference in it's entirety, here it is.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Mike Williams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        Mike Williams?
        nah, we dont need any more slow receivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
          nah, we dont need any more slow receivers.
          lol that was funny

Comment

• Who would win a Sumo wrestling match?

LenDale White or Mike Williams?
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Eugene Amano was resigned to a new contract that runs through 2009. I hope this is the first of more to come. The resigning of Amano also makes me wonder is perhaps Reinfeldt will let Jacob Bell leave in FA in order to keep Haynesworth or someone else, since Amano is a center C/G we're really high on Leroy Harris who can play either position. I think Bell is a good player, but with the amount of money OL players got last year, I don't think it would be as much bang for our buck.

Also, Demetri Veal, a 5-year veteran who plays DE/DT and former Volunteer, was signed to the 53-man roster. Quinton Ganther was waved to make room.
              Last edited by TitanHope; 11-06-2007, 10:19 PM.
              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• i was gonna say something but i forgot......

got a nike visor tuther day, how good are they, its a step up on my old one

and tbh, ted washington and larry allen would pwnt all in sumo

and finally jacob bells football helmet annoys me, it perches wierd on his head

Comment

• hmmmm, you know what annoys me? anyone ever notice how michael roos' jersey on the shoulder is different from every other titans? the light blue thing goes round instead of just straight down. idk why but it annoys the hell outta me.

Comment

• My offseason wishlist:

Alan Faneca
                    David Thomas
                    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• The Titans released LB LeVar Woods.

That leaves a roster spot open, and we have been in constant talks apparently with Mike Williams over the past week or so. *shrug*
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
                        The Titans released LB LeVar Woods.

That leaves a roster spot open, and we have been in constant talks apparently with Mike Williams over the past week or so. *shrug*
                        great, a lazy, slow WR that cant make clutch catches. just what we need....:roll:

Comment

• True, but Norm Chow coached him in college. Maybe he could bring something out of him? Then again, Lane Kiffin couldn't do much with him but I hold Chow in higher regards that I do Kiffin.
                          Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                          Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• BMW is only in his 3rd year and it will be his 3rd team, generally there is a reason that guys don't stick around very often.

If they say most wr's take 3 years to develop working their butts off, with the work ethic this guy seems to have it may very well be never. NFL coaches know what type of work needs to go into being a good player, notice Kiffin states that he doesn't take things serious to stay in this league, bold statements.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/009126.html

Quote:
                            Motivating Mike was tough
                            November 14, 2007

ALAMEDA – Lane Kiffin offered another take on Mike Williams’ failure with the Raiders in his conference call with Minnesota-are reporters.

Kiffin was always tough on Williams in an attempt to motivate him. But it didn’t happen with the Raiders.

“A number of things can happen to guys all of a sudden,” Kiffin said. “Especially when you get drafted that high, 10th overall, and a kid is used to having to no money and all of a sudden here is $13 million or whatever it is. So that can affect people and some people can lose their motivation sometimes. I wish Mike nothing but the best of luck. We gave him a great opportunity. I stuck with him as long as I could. He wasn’t able to take it as serious as he needed to to be able to stay in this league and it’s really a sad story.”

Comment

• As I said, I have more trust in Chow than Kiffin since it was Chow who was his OC at USC, not Kiffin. With that said, I do not necessarily want him, but when it comes to him or Ben Troupe, who both probably would have the same role as the big targets on passing downs, I wouldn't mind Williams being out there over Troupe. I don't think a conversion to TE would work. He'd lose speed, and though he has the necessary body control he's not a good enough blocker. Maybe even use him in the slot such as colleges do with their faster TE's. Call me an optomist if you like, but if Williams has a shot, he has it with the Titans and no one else. No other team has Norm Chow and a weak receiving core.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I agree with you that if Williams has a shot anywhere, that it is with the Titans. I guess I just don't think he has much of a shot anywhere.

Norm was his OC, but Kiffin was his WR coach so I imagine both are pretty capable of working with him and knowing his strengths. Norm of course brings a bit more credibility.

Hopefully if you guys do sign him he pans out and starts working hard. I felt really bad for the guy after the Clarett case and I think he got screwed pretty bad (now it looks like he has screwed the lions). Plus I really want to see Vince with some good targets and BMW has all kinds of potential.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information