2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
    Im gonna throw a random situation out there. What If with our first round pick we take a defender? Of the players I list, what order would we look at them in for the titans?
    Derrick Harvey
    Phillip Merling
    Calais Campbell
    Quentin Groves
    Lawrence Jackson
    Kentwan Balmer
    Pat Sims
    Dan Conner
    Aqib Talib
    DRC
    Reggie smith
    I don't think it's random at all to think that we might take a defender with our first overall pick. If last year's draft is any indication, a lot will depend on the value available at our pick (and, subsequently, the front office's various value assessments).

Personally, from that list, I'd rank them:
    1. Philip Merling -- I like the versatility that he would add to our DL...capable of playing DE or DT in our system since (other than Haynesworth) Scwartz seems to prefer smaller, pass-rushing DTs.
    2. Derrick Harvey -- personally, I think Harvey might be slightly overrated, but I still think he'd be a good value in the late 1st round. Antwan Odom's status would influence the necessity of making a pick like this.
    3. Calais Campbell -- I think his size and potential are intriguing at that point in the 1st round.
    4. Kentwan Balmer -- lots of potential but seems like a risky pick, although I think he could be a good fit for our system and he certainly fills a need (IMO) by providing Haynesworth with some help on the interior DL.
    5. Dan Connor -- as you can see, I think DL is a bigger need than LB. Otherwise, Connor would probably be higher on this list. He was probably overrated a few months ago, but I actually think he's being underrated right now.

The rest...
    6. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
    7. Reggie Smith
    8. Aqib Talib
    9. Lawrence Jackson
    10. Pat Sims
    11. Quentin Groves
    DRC is raw, but I really like his potential and, according to Scott, he looked fantastic at Senior Bowl. I think Reggie Smith is probably a little underrated. Honestly, I don't know much about Talib but he's supposed to be a legit CB. I like Lawrence Jackson to an extent, but I don't think he'd be an improvement on what we already have at DE with Odom and LaBoy. At his size and skill-set, I'm not real sure how Pat Sims fits into our defensive system, and I'm weary of Quentin Groves.

Comment

• what the hell, i ordered and posted these last night, its gone :/ mine were pretty much exactly the same, well the first 5 were the restare pretty similar

Comment

• If we resigned our players, I have an odd feeling we'd take Talib for some reason.

Comment

• i really hope we dont, we really dont need a corner that badly

Comment

• Read an article in the Tennessean yesterday where antwan odom said he wants to stay a titan, but he admitted its gonna be tough for them to resign him.

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
              i really hope we dont, we really dont need a corner that badly
              I kinda think we do need a corner, just because we dont really have anything after nick harper and cortland finnegan. plus harpers getting up there in age. Who knows, maybe we can get some FA's though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                I kinda think we do need a corner, just because we dont really have anything after nick harper and cortland finnegan. plus harpers getting up there in age. Who knows, maybe we can get some FA's though.
                cough asante cough lol

nahhhhh

personally if we go corner first i want DRC for the nickel

Comment

• Or Marcus Trufant :)

Comment

• Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                    mike wahle (got the spelling right) was released by the panthers
                    Seahawks signed him. sorry stephenson. :(

Comment

• By the way, where is pitbull and titanhope? they havent posted much lately. Makes me sad...

Comment

• Had the flu last week and mostly stayed in bed. Was so sick, I didn't even play Guitar Hero...it was horrible... Then I was gone on a church retreat this weekend. But I'm back now. Absolutely surprised that the Titans aren't in the NFL FA news! I mean, no re-signings or anything! Shocked!
                        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                        Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Titanhope! you glorious bastard! welcome back.

Comment

• thank god your back, i was beginning to get withdrawel symptoms. TBH i would have liked to see us chasing alge crumpler and rod coleman, a true TE and a proven UT to team with haynesworth, they would be lethal because lets face it we wont get anyone in the draft fall to us who is a worthy UT unless its kentwan balmer

Comment

• Lol, thanks for the words guys. It's good to be back.

As far as Crumpler and Coleman go, I'd rather have Rod Coleman. He's not just near dominant when he's healthy; He's outright dominant. There's some concern about his injury last year and his age, but he's the best UT currently on the market and we have a need at UT. Besides, Coleman has played in 13+ games in 7 out of his 9 NFL seasons. Last year and his rookie year were the years that he didn't. And so what if he's no spring chicken? He was drafted in '99; Bulluck was drafted in '00, KVB was drafted in '01, and Haynesworth was drafted in '02. Not a huge age difference.

Crumpler, I feel, is over-rated, but his experience with Michael Vick may help Vince. Though, he'll want a lot and he's probably not worth what he'll be asking. There are also questions about his conditioning, as his cap hit wasn't bad (Atlanta reportedly released these players due to Salary Cap reasons). I'd certainly take Crumpler over Scaife or Troupe though, and it would prevent us from having to use an early pick on a TE in the Draft.

It would be nice if we signed Crumpler, but I'd be ecstatic about signing Coleman. A healthy Rod Coleman teamed up with Haynesworth and KVB would make our DLine the most dominant in the league, even if we do lose Odom and LaBoy.
                              Last edited by TitanHope; 02-19-2008, 06:55 AM.
                              Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                              Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                              Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• but like the titans typically do, we wont sign him, because our front office are p****'s

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information