No announcement yet.

2012 Tennessee Titans Discussion!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, around this time last year, most people predicted a Top 5 pick for the Titans. We ended up picking #24. It just shows how much people know at this point, so there's no point in getting worked up over it like TitanAddict and Ewing did last year. Teams prove their worth on the field, and not on paper. Unfortunately, it's easy to forget what teams did last year and focus mainly on the paper teams created after the offseason.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• Originally posted by islandboy843 View Post
      Alot of teams won the Superbowl without a good offense.

Tampa Bay,Baltimore, Patriots.

Getting sick and tired of all this bashing on the Titans.
      Eh, I thought Tampa and New England had good offenses the years they won the Superbowl. Not great ones, but good at the very least. Baltimore didn't, but they had one of the greatest defenses ever.

If the Titans had one of the best defenses ever, I'm sure people would consider them a Superbowl contender. But they don't.

Comment

• Question-

I noticed Mike Williams was back to playing wieght. Is there any chance in hell he becomes the player he was supposed to be????
        I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540

Comment

• Originally posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
          Question-

I noticed Mike Williams was back to playing wieght. Is there any chance in hell he becomes the player he was supposed to be????
          Will he ever be worth his high draft status??? Probably not.

But can he be a solid depth WR and a threat in the redzone??? Yeah, maybe. While MW's weight loss has been a pleasant surprise and the coaches have spoken nicely about his offseason, it remains to be seen whether he can keep up his conditioning. Also, it's not just MW's weight that's an issue -- it's his attitude as well (can he be content and a leader?).

If MW makes the team (not a guarantee by any stretch of the imagination), I think he's probably the #4 or #5 WR, which means he'll get playing time in Mike Heimerdinger's multi-WR set offense...

Comment

• i think he could be a fantastic number 2 but he has to work hard, but i think the talent is there and the physical attributes

Comment

• Local article on rookie D-Lineman, Jason Jones...

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/news.php?viewStory=60674

From this article, it seems that both Fisher & Washburn ultimately envision Jason Jones as being a full-time DT in the NFL. However, that said, with Jones spending time at both the DE & DT positions this offseason, it also sounds like the coaches will move him around this year, depending on the situation.

I like Jones's versatility; but I'm hoping to see him spend a majority of his playing time at the DE position (at least in 2008).

Personally, I feel OK about our DT situation. Haynesworth's health & happiness remain (as always) big ???. However, if Haynesworth's in the lineup, then I think a rotation of Tony Brown, Antonio Johnson, and Kevin Vickerson can be pretty solid (albeit unspectacular). Honestly, I'm much more worried about our DE position -- where KVB is a beast, but everyone else (Kearse, B. Fisher, Ford, Hayes, Conover) either seems like a backup player or a pass-rusher only.

Comment

• So...has anyone got any opinions on what our opening-day roster will look like??? Here's my latest guess:

-QB-
                1. Vince Young
                2. Kerry Collins
                -RB-
                1. Lendale White
                2. Chris Johnson
                3. Chris Henry
                -FB-
                1. Ahmard Hall
                -WR-
                1. Justin Gage
                2. Justin McCareins
                3. Roydell Williams
                4. Mike Williams
                5. Brandon Jones
                6. Biren Ealy
                7. Lavelle Hawkins
                -TE-
                1. Alge Crumpler
                2. Bo Scaife
                3. Craig Stevens
                4. Dwayne Blakely
                -OT-
                1. Michael Roos
                2. David Stewart
                3. Daniel Loper (OT/OG)
                -OG-
                1. Jake Scott
                2. Eugene Amano (OG/C)
                3. Leroy Harris (OG/C)
                -C-
                1. Kevin Mawae

Some Notes: I think we'll go 7-deep at WR this season. McCareins will probably start because he's the most familiar with Dinger's offense and because Roydell's still recovering from an injury. WRs #4-#7 are really difficult for me to predict the order. You'll notice that Paul Williams isn't on that list -- I think the team will try to move him to the practice squad and spend another year developing him (assuming no other team picks him up). Also, I wouldn't be surprised to see 4 TEs on our roster, especially because Scaife can serve as both our #2 TE and our #2 FB (in the event that Hall gets injured again). The coaches seem to like Blakely. If he plays well again this preseason, I think they'll do everything they can to keep him on-roster. I don't think we'll carry many O-Lineman on active roster; however, many of them can line up at different spots, so we should be OK.

-DE-
                1. Kyle Vanden Bosch
                2. Jason Jones (DE/DT)
                3. Jevon Kearse
                4. William Hayes
                5. Bryce Fisher
                -DT-
                1. Albert Haynesworth
                2. Tony Brown
                3. Antonio Johnson
                4. Kevin Vickerson
                -OLB-
                1. Keith Bulluck
                2. David Thornton
                3. Stanford Keglar
                4. Josh Stamer
                -MLB-
                1. Ryan Fowler
                2. Stephen Tulloch
                -CB-
                1. Cortland Finnegan
                2. Nick Harper
                3. Eric King
                4. Reynaldo Hill
                5. Chris Carr
                6. Cary Williams
                -SS-
                1. Chris Hope
                2. Calvin Lowry
                3. Donnie Nickey
                -FS-
                1. Michael Griffin
                2. Vincent Fuller (FS/CB)

Some notes: I think Kearse could be a "starter" on opening day; however, I'm not sure that he's an every-down player anymore. I'd rather have Jones as the starter (on running downs) and bring Kearse/Hayes in to rush the passer. Both Stamer & Nickey make the team based on their contributions to special teams. Fisher's already stated that Fowler, if he's healthy, will be the starter over Tulloch. I think Eric King may be the #3 corner on the depth chart; but Vincent Fuller will be the guy who actually plays the nickel position. I'm very interested on Cary Williams development -- the Titans have had some luck with 7th round picks in recent years (Finnegan, Rey. Hill, Amano) and Williams seems more physically talented than any of them.

-K-
                1. Rob Bironas
                -P-
                1. Craig Hentrich
                -LS-
                1. Ken Amato
                -KR-
                1. Chris Johnson
                -PR-
                1. Chris Carr

Some notes: We went out and signed Chris Carr to handle KR/PR duties. However, if Chris Johnson's healthy, I want him returning kickoffs. His speed on special teams is absolutely amazing.

Practice Squad:
                1. QB Ingle Martin
                2. RB Omar Cuff
                3. WR Paul Williams
                4. WR Jason Rivers
                5. OT Mike Otto
                6. OG/C Fernando Velasco
                7. DE Jacob Ford
                8. DT Barry Booker

Some notes: With only two QBs on active roster, I think Martin will make the practice squad (in case VY misses time with an injury). Cuff is a player that I really like, from the limited amount of footage that I've seen -- not very big or fast but runs really, really hard. Jason Rivers is an intriguing prospect. Paul Williams may be the biggest stretch here (for various reasons); but the Titans knew that he was a developmental project when they drafted him last season. Otto & Velasco are developmental guys for Munchak to coach-up. Ford could make the active roster; however, I think the Titans will give him one more year to improve before throwing him on the roster -- to make sure that his achilles is, in fact, completely healed. Booker is a productive DT that the Titans seem to really like. Apparently they had him graded as a 5th or 6th round prospect, so I think they'd like to hang onto him.

Comment

• My depth chart:

QB:
                  Vince Young
                  Kerry Collins

RB:
                  LenDale White
                  Chris Johnson
                  Chris Henry

FB:
                  Ahmard Hall
                  Casey Cramer

WR:
                  Justin Gage
                  Roydell Williams
                  Justin McCareins
                  Lavelle Hawkins
                  Paul Williams
                  Brandon Jones
                  Mike Williams

TE:
                  Alge Crumpler
                  Bo Scaife
                  Craig Stevens

OT:
                  Michael Roos
                  David Stewart
                  Daniel Loper

OG:
                  Jake Scott
                  Eugene Amano
                  Leroy Harris

C:
                  Kevin Mawae
                  Eugene Amano

DE:
                  Kyle Vanden Bosch
                  Jevon Kearse
                  Jason Jones
                  William Hayes

DT:
                  Albert Haynesworth
                  Tony Brown
                  Antonio Johnson
                  Kevin Vickerson

OLB:
                  Keith Bulluck
                  David Thornton
                  Stanford Keglar
                  Josh Stamer

MLB:
                  Stephen Tulloch
                  Ryan Fowler

CB:
                  Nick Harper
                  Cortland Finnegan
                  Reynaldo Hill
                  Eric King
                  Chris Carr
                  Cary Williams

SS:
                  Chris Hope
                  Calvin Lowry
                  Rocky Schwartz

FS:
                  Michael Griffin
                  Vincent Fuller

K:
                  Rob Bironas

P:
                  Craig Hentrich

KR:
                  Chris Johnson
                  Michael Griffin

PR:
                  Chris Carr
                  Chris Johnson

LS:
                  Ken Amato

PS:
                  QB Ingle Martin
                  RB Omar Cuff
                  DT Barry Booker
                  WR Biren Ealy
                  OT Mike Otto
                  OG/C Fernando Velasco
                  DE Jacob Ford
                  TE Dwayne Blakely

Thats it for right now, and it'll probably change. I think I still have a spot left, but I'm tired and will fill it in later.
                  Last edited by TitanHope; 06-14-2008, 10:22 PM.
                  Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                  Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• I gotta put Finnegan over Harper.

What a steal he was.

Comment

• Harper held down the #1 CB position last year well and he's the vet, so I see him staying put unless there's an injury. But, there's no doubt that it's the position Finny's about to be promoted to after this season.
                      Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                      Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

• damn this thread is dead...havent been here in a while

interesting article on our receivers

Is perception reality? Not according to the Titans
                        Kuharsky
                        By Paul Kuharsky ESPN.com
                        Updated: June 27, 2008

.....This time of year, positive reviews flow in every locker room.

But the ones from Nick Harper for the receivers actually sound meaningful. The veteran cornerback, who as a Colt worked plenty against Peyton Manning throwing to Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne, said Tennessee's revised approach will produce defensive headaches.

"With the route combinations they have on offense, I'm not lying, I haven't seen anything like it," said Harper, who joined the Titans in 2007. "Their route combinations, they've got me baffled right now. I'm still trying to get it down. It's only going to help us as DBs, but it's something you don't see from any team. I've never seen it before and I've been in the league eight years.

"It's going to give some guys fits. I don't think we touched a ball the first week. You were like, OK, he's lining up here, you're expecting to get a certain route, but you weren't getting that route. He was doing something totally different, against the norm. It had everybody scratching their heads. We were wondering, 'Are they lucking up in doing this?' But as the week went on we got to realizing, this is Heimerdinger and what he's teaching these guys." .....
                        MORE HERE
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/inside...aul&id=3463248
                        Sig by PitBull

All-hail Bulluck

Comment

• Watch last year games i think the TEN will make the playoffs again.

And i now i see why we drafted Chris Johnson in the first round.

We HAVE NO EXPLOSIVENESS on our offense. It is too much ground and pound. We needed more playmakers because our Defense wont have a great season as last year.

Comment

• I can't wait to see Chris Johnson on the field :)

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                            XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                            Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                            http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by islandboy843 View Post
                              Watch last year games i think the TEN will make the playoffs again.

And i now i see why we drafted Chris Johnson in the first round.

We HAVE NO EXPLOSIVENESS on our offense. It is too much ground and pound. We needed more playmakers because our Defense wont have a great season as last year.
                              Yep, because if there is any reason to draft a running back, its because you have too much ground and pound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett
                                Yep, because if there is any reason to draft a running back, its because you have too much ground and pound.
                                The commonly held opinion that LenDale White is fat and lazy, along with the reality that he's a power back who can't outrun a DE or break a long gain, directly contradicts your notion - if I'm reading into your sarcasm correctly. The Titans have no RB like Chris Johnson, and there was no RB in FA that held the same skill set that Johnson possesses. The Titans had bigger positional needs and talented and highly invested RB's, but Johnson will be a breath of fresh air that many Titans fans have been gasping for.
                                Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
                                Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information