No announcement yet.

Michael Griffin the Cb?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Griffin isn't moving permanently to CB, ghettosermon. It's just for this season. Due to Pacman's situation, Griffin was more valuable to us than any of the WR's. We were at a spot where we could get a player who could cover our #2 corner position for this year, and then become our future at "FS". Thats a good pick for us.
    Last edited by TitanHope; 05-04-2007, 09:57 PM.
    Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
    Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
    Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
      Still don't understand this logic. What exactly is the downside to having him work at corner? If he happens to excel at it, then it's a good pick and fills a need that we have at CB. If he fails at it, then Fisher has already said that he'll be moved back to S where we also have a huge need.
      He got beat in coverage in college last year at safety, how is he going to cover at CB in the NFL.

This really doesn't make a lot of sense.

That is correct comahan
      I ******* LOVE YOU DG
      <3 dg

Comment

He had 4 INT's and 10 pass break-ups from the safety position, last year. Just because he got beaten a few times doesn't mean he's bad in coverage. Scott has him listed as "exceptional" in that part of his game, actually.
        Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
        Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Originally posted by TitanHope View Post
          He had 4 INT's and 10 pass break-ups from the safety position, last year. Just because he got beaten a few times doesn't mean he's bad in coverage. Scott has him listed as "exceptional" in that part of his game, actually.
          As a safety, but he doesn't have the hip fluidity and low center of gravity required to be a decent corner in the league, bad move IMO just keep him at safety and work with what you got at corner.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

What we have at corner is whats making us temporarily convert a safety to corner tho... I dunno. It may sound like a stupid move, but I'm going to reserve my judgement until I see him actually play the position. I have faith that our coaching staff will put him in a position to succeed.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

After personally watching him at Texas....bad bad BAD decision!
              His true talents truly lie in his coverage abilities and tackling abilities.

Comment

**** Reinfeldt.

Comment

if griffin could play cb he would have played it last year at texas. texas lost tarell brown and had to rotate 2 undersized and inexperienced cbs and a true freshman against ohio state (against gonzalez and ginn).

i think this is just temporary due to the pacman situation. griffin plays better facing the qb and putting hits on people.

Comment

I too watched nearly every single one of his games at Texas the last two years. He's a bone crushing hitter that can deliver a knockout punch and is definitely more suited for the safety position.

No matter what his situation is on defense he is still one of the best punt block/punt coverage in the business.

Comment

wow...this is confusing...

but i have faith in jeff fisher, so i refuse to bash him or the pick...he hasnt been the head coach this long, to not know what he's doing...he's always done a great job with this team, especially last year....

but i wouldnt bank on a top 10 pick again, and put all your eggs in one basket as far as a marquee player...remember when last season started everyone had you guys penciled in for CJ for quite some time, until the wins started to pile up...

as far as griffin, im pretty confident that he showed the coaching staff something to make them believe he can be a corner, i think he has better coverage ability then jammer did, and he has good instincts for the ball...although it makes me think for some odd reason vince was a part of this pick, because if this was their plan instead of WR this year, then merriweather would of been a much smarter selection, he fits ALOT better at CB, and can switch back to safety IF pacman comes back

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                      X

Debug Information