Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    If we do in fact get pick #21 as well as a second rounder I would go at #21 with of course Okoye if he was there but he won't be, but from then this would be my list:

    Pick #21:
    Jarvis Moss
    Adam Carriker
    Chris Houston
    Michael Griffin
    Darrelle Revis

    Pick #56
    Tank Tyler
    Josh Beekman
    Josh Wilson
    Manuel Ramirez
    Quentin Moses
    Quinn Pittock
    Aaron Rouse

    Sig By:The Dynasty

    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

    Comment


    • #17
      7 Days till draft still no idea who will be the pick, if we will have the pick, so gotta admit it is a little exciting. To be honest if we stay at #6 and Gaines is gone I want to go LaRon Landry, I feel as if Okoye is a little overhyped along with Carriker, and Anderson has dropped out, and Branch has worked his way out of the top 10. Of course I still want to trade and get more picks but I don't foresee it. The way we have been shopping the pick it really seems like we will only trade it for a player as it's key component. We really need to work this pick, picks these high are horribly overvalued so we can go away good if we trade it. Also with these rumors if we are really thinking Jamarcus Russell we are crazy.

      Sig By:The Dynasty

      2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

      Comment


      • #18
        Redskins will go with LaRon or Okoye. Okoye will only get bigger/better, since he is 19. I feel Okoye wouldn't be a bad player because he is someone who can really learn the redskins defence, and will help Dougs system in big ways.

        Overall, we need defence more than offence, and IMO, I wouldn't mind seeing the skins draft defence only.

        Comment


        • #19
          O, and ghetto, we aren't getting Russell, if you think logiclly, and I KNOW you do, why would we need him? No need to train another QB when we have the man of the future with us, not to mention Campbell is better IMO then Russell.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by boisefan View Post
            O, and ghetto, we aren't getting Russell, if you think logiclly, and I KNOW you do, why would we need him? No need to train another QB when we have the man of the future with us, not to mention Campbell is better IMO then Russell.
            Yeah I know it's obvious but the fact we are talking to him knowing Snyder it's more than just a smokescreen for other teams, Russell honestly isn't that much better than Campbell and he knows less and would take another 2 years, and why the hell would you give up on a promising young first rounder!!!

            Sig By:The Dynasty

            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
              Yeah I know it's obvious but the fact we are talking to him knowing Snyder it's more than just a smokescreen for other teams, Russell honestly isn't that much better than Campbell and he knows less and would take another 2 years, and why the hell would you give up on a promising young first rounder!!!
              You think Russell is better than Campbell? I would like to see him beat the Saints...

              We wont take him, no way, we dont have time to play around, gibbs isn't a couch that plays around with players for no reason, we will get who we need, we always have and always will.

              Comment


              • #22
                Man oh man just thinking about LaRon and Sean Taylor just gives me chills, we can find a great pass rusher in the 5th round as the Bears did in Mark Anderson because DE depth is so great and I think Kedric will be fine as well as Monty and LaRon is the best safety prospect since Sean Taylor. Just having a leader like Landry will improve our corners and allow Sean Taylor to do his thing and roam the field and not have to worry about covering far down field.

                Sig By:The Dynasty

                2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                Comment


                • #23
                  I hear ya, LaRon Landry would be a GREAT pick for the skins. but like I said, Okoye wouldn't be bad either, the kid can only get BIGGER and smarter.

                  We need a guy to stop the run.... unless we liked our 06' defence...

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    According to the Post Skins rank the defensive players like this:
                    1) LaRon 2) Okoye 3)Jamaal Anderson 4) Gaines Adams
                    Another thing is that the Skins have been heavily inquiring about moving up to #1 or #2 to get Calvin Johnson, it would require parting with next years first which I hate so I for sure would never want to do this move, but if we did get CJ I wouldn't be crying that's for sure. Also it is alarming that reportedly the players the skins have spent the most time scouting are Ted Ginn JR. and Dwayne Bowe in a trade down, honestly if we trade down I don't want to touch these guys. Bowe will be really good, and Ginn is too similar to Randle El but to be honest WR is not a need, only reason we would want CJ is because he is such a rare prospect, I'd hate to trade down only to get a WR.

                    Sig By:The Dynasty

                    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                      According to the Post Skins rank the defensive players like this:
                      1) LaRon 2) Okoye 3)Jamaal Anderson 4) Gaines Adams
                      Another thing is that the Skins have been heavily inquiring about moving up to #1 or #2 to get Calvin Johnson, it would require parting with next years first which I hate so I for sure would never want to do this move, but if we did get CJ I wouldn't be crying that's for sure. Also it is alarming that reportedly the players the skins have spent the most time scouting are Ted Ginn JR. and Dwayne Bowe in a trade down, honestly if we trade down I don't want to touch these guys. Bowe will be really good, and Ginn is too similar to Randle El but to be honest WR is not a need, only reason we would want CJ is because he is such a rare prospect, I'd hate to trade down only to get a WR.
                      good to know my top 2 are Redskins top 2 for defence.

                      I know what you mean about trading up for CJ. One is...we would have to offer a first rounder and the team mom to trade up, and another is that we only have 5 picks this draft, we don't want to have that happen again.
                      I wouldn't hate having CJ at all, maybe then we could trade Thrash or Lloyd, but what we would lose to get him might not be worth it.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: concerns about Amobi Okoye entering the season as a 20-year-old, keep in mind Tommie Harris, who was selected by the Bears in 2004 as the 14th overall pick, also entered the league as a 20-year-old (granted a number of months older than Okoye). In Harris' case, although he started more games (37 of 38) at Oklahoma, Okoye has an additional year of experience at the collegiate level as a senior and thus has played in more games (48), since Harris declared for the draft as a junior.

                        Personally, I love Okoye and think whoever gets him is getting a heck of a player. I think he would improve Washington's interior line against both the run and the pass for years to come, if they in fact select him.

                        Edit: That is if Gregg Williams doesn't misuse him and be an idiot with him.
                        Last edited by Geo; 04-22-2007, 09:06 PM.
                        Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          The more I think about it, the more Okoye sounds like the pick that the skins need.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Okoye or Anderson would be great for the Skins. Branch is a possibilty but only for a trade down.

                            Guys, if the rumours of the Panthers trading Jenkins to the Rams for a 2nd rounder are true, do you think the Panthers could trade for the #6 spot to get Landry (now that they have the ammo)?

                            That situation really benefits the Skins by getting them an additional trading partner and eliminating the Rams as a candidate to get Okoye/Branch.
                            Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I agree, Okoye or Anderson would be good, and of course Landry.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Obviously if it isn't written down it means nothing, but the Skins gave LaRon Landry verbal word that if he is there at #6 they will take him unless they trade out of the pick, so for you Landry fans, me being one of them, it looks promising.

                                Sig By:The Dynasty

                                2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information