No announcement yet.

Redskins' 2008 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg my jaw dropped at fred davis like wtf? but it kinda makes sense but then kelly???????????? THIS IS CRAZY!!!!!! dont know what to think

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Fred Davis, Kelly?

Man, I was hoping for Campbell at 51 instead of Kelly but Arizona got him.
      Thats what we get for taking Davis at 48, nobody would have taken him at 51, and we coulda got DE help...

I do LOVE the Thomas pick though

Comment

I guess that showed what Zorn thinks of Moss and Randle El.

The Davis pick would have been alright, if Groves/Calais/Connor/Zuttah wouldn't have been on the board.

The trade was great, but we completely blew it.

Comment

who knows what is going on, dont know what this means for randle el and moss. anyone know theyre contract situations, i know randle el is here for a while but what about moss? seems like zorn had a lot to do with the selections to get his offense going..... any chance we trade one of our wrs?

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

I wouldn't mind dishing out Moss.

Comment

Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
              I wouldn't mind dishing out Moss.
              I wouldn't be surprised if they trade Moss now, but for what?
              Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

No way we trade Moss, he still will be our leading reciever and is still so explosive, if you trade him you get nothing. I hate the Fred Davis pick if we walked away with Devin, Calais, and even Malcolm I would be really happy. We better not see another WR drafted, lol. That makes Moss, Randle El, Kelly, Thomas, Thrash, and Jerome Mathis. I wouldn't mind letting go of Randle El. Average reciever and terrible punt returner.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

You guys got a great one in Devin Thomas.

Being a Michigan State student I had the pleasure of watching him dominate week in and week out against some very good competition.

He should be great for you guys alongside Malcolm Kelly for the next decade.

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                    No way we trade Moss, he still will be our leading reciever and is still so explosive, if you trade him you get nothing. I hate the Fred Davis pick if we walked away with Devin, Calais, and even Malcolm I would be really happy. We better not see another WR drafted, lol. That makes Moss, Randle El, Kelly, Thomas, Thrash, and Jerome Mathis. I wouldn't mind letting go of Randle El. Average reciever and terrible punt returner.
                    We can't get rid of ARE, the cap hit would probably kill us.

Moss is too inconsistent for me, even when he is playing he has been easily been shut down. Plus it seems like he hasn't connected with Campbell. All of my Moss memories came from Brunell. He's going to be out of here by next year, especially if Thomas or Kelly starts doing well.

I kind of like/understand the Davis pick. It gives Zorn an opportunity to run a 2TE set. That way he can stack the TEs and create mismatches across the board.

Comment

be positive in our draft, day 2 is what will make or break it but it looks like we got great talent for cheap on day one

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

Started off pretty sweet for you guys... Then what happened? All receivers? They're not THAT important to win and you guys are already full at the position. Weird. I thought you should've at least addressed DE with one of your first 3 picks.

I wonder if Snyder started thinking, hey let's hog up the receivers to screw everyone else up... not realizing he was screwing himself up.

Comment

Mix was our only tall WR until now, I like Thomas, I might like Kelly (I don't right now, but he might win me over if his knees aren't blown out).
                          Davis... WISH WE GOT CAMPBELL INSTEAD.

Come on day 2, no more people trying to catch the ball please...

Comment

you guys have to realize that on the roster after moss and randel el we only had james thrash who is on the edge of retirement and anthony mix who was an undrafted free agent by the giants and cut. mix is a good special teams player and thats the extent of it. in a west coast offense you have to have more quality depth at wr than that. we got great value on both of those guys and even though we have needs as well at other positions weve got 6 day 2 picks still and some quality guys still on the board at lb, oline, and dline. not as much talent left at cb but there are a couple guys still.

i actually like the fred davis pick a lot. i had him as my #1 te. cooley loves to move around on the field. he likes to line up in the slot as well as in the backfield. davis is a good run blocker and a great receiver as well. he offers the skins a lot of versatility to run some two te sets and either pound the ball running or pull out some great play actions. thats something that todd yoder just doesnt give as the backup. yoder has had 35 catches in 9 years in the nfl.

Comment

liking the chad rhinehart pick! i had him as my second most underrated guard prospect behind zuttah. the thing that i know the redskins love about rhinehart is his versatility. theyve said all offseason that they would like to find a young offensive lineman that can swing and provide depth at both guard and tackle and among that available olineman rhinehart probably had the most versatility in that aspect. schuening may have been a better pure guard and anthony collins and carl knicks may have been better pure tackles but none of them really have that versatility that rhinehart does.

Comment

What the HELL happened at 103 overall? both channels had TEN picking?
                                WTF

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information