Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins 2009-10 Discussion (4-12) Offseason Time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first and 20. colt sacked hard from his blind side.
    Last edited by DiG; 08-13-2009, 09:25 PM.

Comment

• the fact that he's running so much means that he's not seeing the field.

ANOTHER SACK??? Turn out the lights. The party's over.

Comment

• 2nd and 25 and almost sacked again for a safety but colt quickly throws it away at the rbs feet. poor guys getting no time.

Comment

• other than jarmon there isnt a player on this defense that looks like he deserves a roster spot right now. jarmon had a nice tackle in the backfield on a run but next play ravens get a 15 yard first down on third and long.

Comment

• zorn sure looks pissed on the sideline. at least orakpo and jarmon looked amazing out there.

backup oline = pitiful.

backup secondary and backup linebackers are bad. we will have a top 5 starting defense but injuries could kill us because our depth is bad.

none of the quarterbacks stood out. campbell a couple completions and a couple passes he missed. collins a few completions, a few missed oppurtunities, a should have been interception on a real bad pass, but a good completion percentage mostly off of screens. colt zero time in the pocket with pressure. got hit on his interception and had to throw a handful away under distress. it did seem like he got a bit nervous by the pressure and reverted to running the ball or running for his life.

for some reason we didnt even attempt to establish any sort of running game which didnt help any of the qbs. seemed like zorn was making all the qbs throw the whole game to test them but its harder to throw without a run game.
            Last edited by DiG; 08-13-2009, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• zorn presser - "in colts defense we had to throw the ball and couldnt run it down that many points and they teed up on him. pretty much an onslaught rushing our group. im sure colt will look at this film and see things that he will want to maybe do different next time but its a good way for him to learn. i tried to extend the field but it didnt happen. tried some play action but the defense you could just see them saying 'i dont believe you will run the ball'. it makes it tough."
              Last edited by DiG; 08-13-2009, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                zorn presser - "in colts defense we had to throw the ball and couldnt run it down that many points and they teed up on him. pretty much an onslaught rushing our group. im sure colt will look at this film and see things that he will want to maybe do different next time but its a good way for him to learn. i tried to extend the field but it didnt happen. tried some play action but the defense you could just see them saying 'i dont believe you will run the ball'. it makes it tough."
                Wow. Zorn seems like he's defending Colt. Could've done the opposite and wouldn't have surprised me. Good coach.

Comment

• some more qb detail from Redskins Confidential for those of you who missed the game:

"3. Colt Brennan looked, uh, not like the summer of '08. Brennan had it tough; even one staffer told him as he was in the locker room that no one could have succeeded behind that line. He admitted that the interception prevented im from taking chances later in the game. Brennan was off; he'd throw to his right only to discover that someone on the other side was open. And on the pick, he actually made the right read and throw. The problem was that the receiver, Marques Hagans, slipped. Also, he's small so the defensive back ripped through him for the pick. Perhaps a bigger guy would have been physical enough to either make the catch or break up a pick."

"5. Todd Collins looked the best of the QBs. Jason Campbell did not have a chance to get into a rhythm, though he missed a wide open Hagans on the left side. Campbell has a tough time throwing to the pint-sized receivers. Hagans is at least an inch shorter than his listed height of 5-foot-10. Collins looked the most comfortable. He had one throw to his right that was nearly intercepted. It appeared he could not step into the throw, but he still got lucky."

Comment

• Man without Santana our wideouts are so pathetic. Also I still expect nothing than Devin and Malcolm this year other than some rare flashes.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      Wow. Zorn seems like he's defending Colt. Could've done the opposite and wouldn't have surprised me. Good coach.
                      That's what Zorn does, he protects his players. If Colt had done well he would break him down on his mistakes so he didn't get big headed as performing well as the #3 doesn't necessarily translates to actual results.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                        some more qb detail from Redskins Confidential for those of you who missed the game:

"3. Colt Brennan looked, uh, not like the summer of '08. Brennan had it tough; even one staffer told him as he was in the locker room that no one could have succeeded behind that line. He admitted that the interception prevented im from taking chances later in the game. Brennan was off; he'd throw to his right only to discover that someone on the other side was open. And on the pick, he actually made the right read and throw. The problem was that the receiver, Marques Hagans, slipped. Also, he's small so the defensive back ripped through him for the pick. Perhaps a bigger guy would have been physical enough to either make the catch or break up a pick."

Man without Santana our wideouts are so pathetic. Also I still expect nothing than Devin and Malcolm this year other than some rare flashes.
                        1. Hopefully this will quiet the "Colt for starter" talk for a little while, at least. He needs much more development before he even gets to #2 QB.

2. Agreed. As inconsistent as Moss is he is still the best WR on the team. It is way to early to have any talk of Thomas or Kelly relegating him to the bench.
                        Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

• Originally posted by Canadian_draft_fan View Post
                          1. Hopefully this will quiet the "Colt for starter" talk for a little while, at least. He needs much more development before he even gets to #2 QB.

2. Agreed. As inconsistent as Moss is he is still the best WR on the team. It is way to early to have any talk of Thomas or Kelly relegating him to the bench.
                          There was never and will never be substance to Colt being starter this year. It's Jason's year. If he sucks it up than he's gone after this year and we most likely draft a QB first round next year. No one would actually expect Snyder to trust his teams future at QB with Colt Brennan.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            There was never and will never be substance to Colt being starter this year. It's Jason's year. If he sucks it up than he's gone after this year and we most likely draft a QB first round next year. No one would actually expect Snyder to trust his teams future at QB with Colt Brennan.
                            I'd have to agree. The only time I see Brennan even possibly being a starter in this league is if he is able to stick on as a backup for many years, then following Zorn where ever he goes. Where Zorn goes, Brennan goes... and maybe one day he'll be ready.

My only question is... who will they draft after Jason fails. ...and he WILL fail. I don't see Bradford, McCoy or Tebow here. Snead perhaps? Yeah, I could see a trade up for him.

Comment

• BTW Justin Tryon is the biggest bum ever. Even worst than last season. I'm tired of hearing about his speed. The guy just can't flat out play football. I don't care if you have speed to run down a guy you let have a 50 yard reception. He's not even that fast IMO. Also they are making excuses for him because he was matched up against taller guys, hello this is the friggin NFL. There aren't many sub 6 foot receivers out there. Richardson should make the roster.

Comment

• Just wanted to say, I saw some of the game last night after it was over...

Brian Orakpo will be a maniac for the next decade. Beast.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information