Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins 2009-10 Discussion (4-12) Offseason Time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
    How likely do you guys think you will keep Jason Campbell after this year? What record do you guys have to have to keep him?
    10% Chance we keep him, he has to put up big numbers and this team has to win a playoff game at least.


    Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

    Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
      10% Chance we keep him, he has to put up big numbers and this team has to win a playoff game at least.
      I disagree completely. Regardless of our record if Campbell by the end of the year shows signs of being more comfortable and starts having consistent multiple TD games, I think that will be enough for us to keep him. At least tender him for 2 more years. Regardless of if we draft a QB, I don't see a single QB in the first round next year who is capable of being like Matt Ryan and coming in right away and starting. We really need to solidify the O-line long term before we throw out our stud young QB on the field.

      Sig By:The Dynasty

      2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
        I disagree completely. Regardless of our record if Campbell by the end of the year shows signs of being more comfortable and starts having consistent multiple TD games, I think that will be enough for us to keep him. At least tender him for 2 more years. Regardless of if we draft a QB, I don't see a single QB in the first round next year who is capable of being like Matt Ryan and coming in right away and starting. We really need to solidify the O-line long term before we throw out our stud young QB on the field.
        I agree with you about the young QB and the o-line but you know how this organization is run. Also, Zorn and Campbell will go hand in hand, it's obvious Zorn is in over his head as a HC and playcaller right now. If Zorn is fired then who is going to have Jason's back, the new HC might not want anything to do with him or this offense. I think Campbell will go somewhere else and put up better numbers and be a solid starter just not here. Also if we don't have a good record why would Snyder want to pay him and even if he did why would Campbell want to stay?


        Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
        12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

        Steddy Ambition!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

        Comment


        • This is Snyder we're talking about here...I don't think he really cares about progress and improvement.

          If I'm trying to predict what he will do...I say that anything under 8-8, Zorn and JC both get canned. Going 8-8 or 9-7 and missing the playoffs may also get them canned.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
            I agree with you about the young QB and the o-line but you know how this organization is run. Also, Zorn and Campbell will go hand in hand, it's obvious Zorn is in over his head as a HC and playcaller right now. If Zorn is fired then who is going to have Jason's back, the new HC might not want anything to do with him or this offense. I think Campbell will go somewhere else and put up better numbers and be a solid starter just not here. Also if we don't have a good record why would Snyder want to pay him and even if he did why would Campbell want to stay?
            thats the key piece right there. outside of a playoff run i just cant see him wanting to resign. outside of pennington hes the only halfway decent FA QB this offseason and hes still at a young age. if i were him i wouldnt want to stick around in an offense that likely could change again and where half the fans already hate me.

            Comment


            • Prediction Time!!!

              The Skins will try hard to draft Jake Locker in 2010. You heard it here first! ;)

              Comment


              • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Prediction Time!!!

                The Skins will try hard to draft Jake Locker in 2010. You heard it here first! ;)
                Id have no problems with Locker. I never included him in my rankings though because I always thought he would be going back for his senior year. If Locker goes back to school hes got a real good shot at going high in the first round and could be the first qb drafted. If he comes out this year probably looking at a mid to late first grade. Hes got a serious cannon for an arm and is incredibly quick and athletic. Hes got to work on his accuracy and footwork though but hes seriously tough and shows good intangigbles. He showed up big in a big time game already this year and itll be interesting to watch him progress. I like him more than Snead, possibly more than Clausen, and close with McCoy.

                Comment


                • This is hilarious, and why I love the skins.
                  http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...r_ro.html#more


                  Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                  Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
                    This is hilarious, and why I love the skins.
                    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcs...r_ro.html#more
                    haha. this isnt music. its a movement.

                    Comment


                    • Softest D in the NFL?

                      Comment


                      • We deserve all **** thrown at us...


                        Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                        12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                        Steddy Ambition!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • This team is so pathetic. I don't even want to talk about the offense because we have long identified them as the weak link which they are, but flat out we lost yesterday because of the defense. They simply couldn't get the flippin Lions off the field. The Lions were like 90% on third downs, absolutely horrendous. We still don't get sacks, our DB's still can't cover even when there is pressure, and London, Rocky, and Horton are the only guys on the team who even want to try to tackle. This team is horrible top to bottom and I absolutely hate Jim Zorn. He acts like his job is secure for 3 more years. Now needs to be the time when he has to light a fire under the team. Scrutinize them, embarrass them, tell them how bad it is. Right now the way he talks and the way the players talk he has formed an attitude in the locker room of who cares. This team doesn't care anymore. We are just going to accept failure and makes excuses. This team is just so fundamentally wrong from top to bottom that I don't know where to start. How do you fill so many damn holes on this team. I swear if Josh Johnson picks us apart on Sunday we can just release Rogers, Hall, and whoever else Monday morning.

                            Sig By:The Dynasty

                            2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                              This team is so pathetic. I don't even want to talk about the offense because we have long identified them as the weak link which they are, but flat out we lost yesterday because of the defense. They simply couldn't get the flippin Lions off the field. The Lions were like 90% on third downs, absolutely horrendous. We still don't get sacks, our DB's still can't cover even when there is pressure, and London, Rocky, and Horton are the only guys on the team who even want to try to tackle. This team is horrible top to bottom and I absolutely hate Jim Zorn. He acts like his job is secure for 3 more years. Now needs to be the time when he has to light a fire under the team. Scrutinize them, embarrass them, tell them how bad it is. Right now the way he talks and the way the players talk he has formed an attitude in the locker room of who cares. This team doesn't care anymore. We are just going to accept failure and makes excuses. This team is just so fundamentally wrong from top to bottom that I don't know where to start. How do you fill so many damn holes on this team. I swear if Josh Johnson picks us apart on Sunday we can just release Rogers, Hall, and whoever else Monday morning.
                              i disagree that we lost because of the defense. trust me when I say I wasnt necessarily happy with our defensive performance but we still only scored 14 freaking points against the Lions. Theres no reason to have not put up over 20 points on that team and won that game. New Orleans gave up 27 to the Lions but the Saints know how to score. Our offense does not. The offense was 2/10 on 3rd down efficiency. That is simply miserable. I blame the offense not being able to stay on the field and tiring out the defense for as much if not more than the defense. Although the defense wasnt perfect I do think they did enough to win this game. With that said, Im sick and tired of Greg Blache as much as Zorn. I see no place on this team for either of them. I'll be happy to see them go but god knows that its likely that Snyder will bring in a group equally as inept.

                              Comment


                              • Choosing who to blame this loss on is kind of a waste of time...everyone sucked and we all came together to lose as one.

                                However, I'm going to pick on the Defense right now because I expected much more out of them. Blache...just wow I'm tired of his sorry act.

                                We let Stafford do this to us in his 3rd game??? His first 2 games he totaled 1 TD and 5 INT. We get NO turnovers against the Lions and a rookie QB playing his 3rd game?? That's a joke. We get virtually no pressure all game...even with haynesworth in the game.

                                We let the Lions run for 154 yds against us??? Once again, that's pitiful.

                                Possibly the biggest disgrace of the day (I know, hard to choose just one) was that the Lions had a 14 play - 99 yd TD drive against us....Say what??? Is that right? Yes sir that's right.

                                To have that happen against you, is just a flat out disgrace...not much more can be said about that.

                                This team plays with zero heart and its disrespectful to the NFL and its fans...Rosie O'donnell has more passion for running on the treadmill than these players do for playing in a freaking NFL game.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information