Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins 2009-10 Discussion (4-12) Offseason Time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• very un-impressive win.

getting back to seantaylor.r.i.p.'s point on the secondary and blache-i thought it was a real mixed bag today,we can all see why the skins have problems here.
    Reed doughty(except for one run play where he was chipped)proved he should be playing.Yet again rogers fails to intercept,yet again landry keeps taking bad angles+sloppy tackling(except for one goal line play).Hall made one great play.Tryon really surprised me-who needs smootie?
    Horton was in on the game sealer(thanx jarmon).
    One player i would like to see in action is kareem moore.
    It is looking like blache has got alot of work to improve this secondary but at least today they wont be the leagues worst on third downs.

Comment

• There is no room for Kareem Moore to get more pt. Horton is already being deprived enough of playing time and we want to put in Moore who's more like a speedy OLB. Maybe he can be in on 3rd downs as a coverage LB but he doesn't deserve more playing time.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Pretty good team we got.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
        12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• good to see a jarmon sighting out there.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by critesy View Post
            good to see a jarmon sighting out there.
            not just a sighting. that was an awesome play. he put a sweet spin move on his blocker and stripped the ball out perfectly. i dont see much rationale for starting daniels over jarmon. daniels can read plays well but hes so incredibly slow now. he is nothing more than an inside run blocker on the field. he gets no pressure on his own and he cant contain on outside runs.

also, why arent we blitzing orakpo from the sam spot? wasnt that the point of moving him there because he can rush the passer from the line and standing up? blache is only letting orakpo loose on the quarterback from the line on 3rd and longs. im ok with rakpo moving to SAM if he is utilized the right way. so far that hasnt been the case. even though he had his second sack this weekend i cant help but think he could have 4-5 already. blache conservative nonsense is really pissing me off.

now on to jason campbell...im not sure how much longer i can take. i cant comprehend how an nfl quarterback can take so long to read a defense when hes 75% of the time locked on one receiver. a lot of fans are calling for the olines head and trust me i know that we need improvements on the oline but i just dont think we will ever win games with campbell under center. his release and his decision making are so slow and all three of the interceptions yesterday were his fault due to bad decisions and bad throws. guys like aaron rodgers and phillip rivers are able to move the ball and score points without a good offensive line and without a working run game because they make good reads, release the ball quickly, and take chances.
            Last edited by DiG; 10-05-2009, 07:56 AM.

Comment

• I don't know about you guys but I was hoping that Zorn would bench Campbell heading into the 2nd half because I felt a message needed to be sent. I agree with a lot of ur post dirty, the thing that drives me nuts is when he makes a throw like he did to Santana, he couldn't have thrown it any better. He was god awful in the first half and it looked like the lions game all over again. This team doesn't seem to be learning from it's mistakes at all. Offense is still predictable as ever, run run pass to the sideline to the checkdown. On defense, god knows. Blache's gameplan last week was to sit back and let a rookie try to throw on us and only rush 4 well that didn't work yet he essentially had the same gameplan this week. Why the hell are we not blitzing guys like Landry and Orakpo to rattle a 5th round pick in his first start? Rogers hang onto the ball my god at least Hall can catch but then he makes a complete ass out of himself. Also Zorn's eagerness to go for every 4th down is going to catch up to him eventually.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Not pretty...Zorn lives to fight another day.

Campbell played horrible in the first half and you can bash him for that. But also credit him for keepin his head up and coming back and making some great throws to win the game.

At this point it doesn't look like he's gonna be with us next year...but with Brennan on IR we are locked in with him all year so we just gotta make the best of it. If you think this offense is bad now...you don't want to see it with Todd Collins in the game.

Same things are wrong with this team week in and week out though...too many things to continue listing every week. I think Blache pisses me off the most though.

Comment

• If Campbell was a lock as our qb of the future then I would not have benched him but he is in the last year of his contract and for some reason the guy doesn't seem to be playing with the emphasis of getting a new one. It really troubles me when all he does is clap his hands pick after pick, he needs to step it up and start showing us that he cares more. I will agree he pulled it together in the 2nd half but we need that consistency all game long. We were a couple of missed fg's from another loss, to the bucs.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                    not just a sighting. that was an awesome play. he put a sweet spin move on his blocker and stripped the ball out perfectly. i dont see much rationale for starting daniels over jarmon. daniels can read plays well but hes so incredibly slow now. he is nothing more than an inside run blocker on the field. he gets no pressure on his own and he cant contain on outside runs.

also, why arent we blitzing orakpo from the sam spot? wasnt that the point of moving him there because he can rush the passer from the line and standing up? blache is only letting orakpo loose on the quarterback from the line on 3rd and longs. im ok with rakpo moving to SAM if he is utilized the right way. so far that hasnt been the case. even though he had his second sack this weekend i cant help but think he could have 4-5 already. blache conservative nonsense is really pissing me off.

now on to jason campbell...im not sure how much longer i can take. i cant comprehend how an nfl quarterback can take so long to read a defense when hes 75% of the time locked on one receiver. a lot of fans are calling for the olines head and trust me i know that we need improvements on the oline but i just dont think we will ever win games with campbell under center. his release and his decision making are so slow and all three of the interceptions yesterday were his fault due to bad decisions and bad throws. guys like aaron rodgers and phillip rivers are able to move the ball and score points without a good offensive line and without a working run game because they make good reads, release the ball quickly, and take chances.
                    You make some strong points D30. I'm not a fan of Rak at OLB, he just is lost in coverage. And isn't it amazing that big plays are being created by playing some of young guys more. Orakpo, Jarmon & Tryon all made big plays yesterday. If it were up to me I'd cut Daniels & Wynn and use a rotation of Orakpo, Carter, Jarmon & Lo Alexander @ DE. I'd promote Wilson to starting OLB. Never happen with Blache but it's nice to dream.

As for Campbell - i just don't see him being on the Skins next year. he has all the physical talent in the world but just doesn't have it mentally. Too bad as he seems like an A+ person.
                    Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

• Benching Campbell makes no sense at all. If we had a Josh Johnson or even Colt Brennan on the bench to replace than yeah I wouldn't mind putting the future on the field, but what message does benching Campbell say? It says that we are quitting on the season and going with Todd Collins for the rest of the year. We know what we have in Collins. A guy who will hit the check downs but won't throw it over 10 yards down field. For him to be good like a few years ago we need a spectacular defense, outstanding O-line, and great run game, which we have none of. Campbell is the QB this year regardless. He will finish out the season.

Comment

• in no way am i saying we start collins. im just saying that watching campbell is making me sick.

Comment

• I didn't mean bench him for Collins against the Panthers I just felt that Campbell was not getting it down and was hurting us more than he was helping. To his testament though he turned it around in the second half and helped us win. Had he come out and continue to stink it up and we're losing to the Bucs with the season on the line I don't think it would be unfathomable to bench him. Not because I think Collins is the better quaterback but to make Campbell think a little. Anyways not advocating Collins just really fed up with Campbell's inconsistency.

Steddy Ambition!

Comment

• http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=1...=4347192&fhn=1

Free-agent RB Chris Henry is scheduled to visit the Washington Redskins early this week, a league source told Scout.com.

The former 2007 second-round pick of the Tennessee Titans has received interest from other teams including the Houston Texans, who are expected to bring him in for a visit later this week.

Washington's interest in Henry is surprising considering they already have five backs on their 53-man roster. It's possible that Washington is looking to add a back to their practice squad and Henry does have practice squad eligibility left. Washington's running back coach Sherman Smith held the same title with Tennessee back in Henry's rookie season in 2007, so it's possible that Smith wanted to take another look at the third-year pro.

Houston has three backs on their 53-man roster and has rookie Arian Foster on their practice squad. However, the contracts of veterans Ryan Moats and Chris Brown are set to expire after this season.

Dont remember a ton about Henry except he was a quick back from Zona. He ran like a 4.40 at 230 lbs. Drafted 50th overall and suspended for drugs or something. Scott had him ranked 9th rb and 100th overall.

2007/2008 game log:
                            http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/...uLYF?year=2007
                            Last edited by DiG; 10-05-2009, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Great another practice squad RB instead of trying to find some O-line or corner depth. Henry was drafted off his 40 time. He is not any good although he's a decent tackler on kickoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                Great another practice squad RB instead of trying to find some O-line or corner depth. Henry was drafted off his 40 time. He is not any good although he's a decent tackler on kickoffs.
                                no worries. redskins insider says we arent signing him. i am glad though that they at least realize that betts and cartwright just dont get the job done.

check out this vid. chris carter rips on campbell.
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIYNBdTizOA

"Daniel Snyder, If you want to point fingers...point them all to him"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information