Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2010 Redskins Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
    Mock Offseason - Uncapped

    Retire
    QB Todd Collins
    OT Chris Samuels
    agree

    Cut

    RB Clinton Portis
    WR Antwaan Randle El
    OG Randy Thomas
    RB Ladell Betts
    DT Cornelius Griffin
    agree

    Tender
    QB Jason Campbell (1st round)
    CB Carlos Rogers (2nd round)
    DT Anthony Montgomery (6th round drafted)
    agree

    Resign
    OLB Rocky McCintosh
    DT Kedric Gholston
    OT Levi Jones - wasn't impressed and he has stated he only wants to play LT

    Sign
    OG Ben Hamilton - Denver - is already 33. I would prefer the other Donkeys OG Kuper
    QB Sage Rosenfels - Minnesota (assuming cut)
    RB Willie Parker - Pittsburgh
    DT Tony Brown - Tennessee (experience playing with big al)
    WR Antonio Bryant - Tampa (huge productivity with kyle shanahan) - a headcase. I would prefer Kevin Walter from Houston
    OLB Keith Bullock - Tennessee (final chance to make a little cash)
    OG Chester Pitts - Houston (experience with kyle and cheap depth)

    Trade
    Laron Landry to Minnesota for 2nd round pick - perfect

    Draft
    RD 1 - Eric Berry, FS, Tenn
    RD 2 - Charles Brown, OT, USC - I prefer Jason Fox, but that's just me
    RD 2 - Montario Hardesty, RB, Tenn
    RD 4 - Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale
    RD 6 - Justin Cole, OLB, San Jose State

    Depth Chart
    QB - Campbell / Brennan / Rosenfels
    RB - Parker / Hardesty / Ganther
    FB - Sellers
    WR1 - Moss / Bryant / Mitchell
    WR2 - Thomas / Kelly
    TE - Cooley / Davis / Yoder
    LT - Charles Brown / Heyer
    LG - Hamilton / Rhineheart
    C - Rabach / Edwin Williams
    RG - Dockery / Pitts
    RT - Jones / Veldheer

    DE - Carter / Alexander
    DT - Haynesworth / Montgomery
    DT - Brown / Gholston
    DE - Orakpo / Jarmon / Jackson
    OLB - Bullock / Wilson
    ILB - Fletcher / Blades
    OLB - McCintosh / Cole
    CB - Hall / Tryon
    CB - Rogers / Smoot / Barnes
    FS - Berry / Moore
    SS - Horton / Doughty
    My comments are in bold. I could easily live with your original plan. Interesting stuff.
    Edit: actually I wouldn't mind keeping Chris Wilson around instead of signing Bulluck. I'm not sure how much Bulluck has left and Wilson does have some versatility.
    Last edited by Canadian_draft_fan; 01-08-2010, 10:34 PM.
    Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

    Comment


    • Kuper is actually set to become a RFA. I am 95% sure that Hamilton to the Skins is going to be signed sealed delivered first day of FA. He knows Shannys offense in and out and is still playing at a high level. He will only give another year or two but enough time to mentor some of the younger guys and let someone develop before taking over.

      Im torn on Levi and Heyer as well. Neither really impressed me but there are no decent UFA OTs available in an uncapped season. I hardly think that we will start two rookies at both LT and RT and Levi has more quickness and athleticism than Heyer for the zbs. But yes Id prefer to replace both and I think Veldheer would in a year.

      I actually think Charles Brown is a good bit better than Fox. Fox has really sloppy footwork and is below average in run blocking. Brown hits all the marks of a zbs tackle and I wouldnt be surprised if he was high enough up on the Packers board to go in the first round if Bulaga isnt available.

      I totally overlooked Kevin Walter being available. Nice call there.

      Comment


      • yo critesy did you see ziemba is most likely going to be entering the draft?? i think hes a great fit for shannys zbs. correct me if im wrong but from what i know the guy is a beast in the run game, good footwork, has really impressive quickness and athleticism for 6'8 310, 37 straight starts, and projects at LT. id say hes a mid 2nd round prospect right now.
        Last edited by DiG; 01-11-2010, 09:08 AM.

        Comment


        • From Bruce Allens recent interview with Skins reporter:

          Kelly: What will your draft philosophy be together, do you kind of have, are you on the same page on that, and what is that?

          Bruce: Well we're gonna get the best players to help us win, and that is the philosophy.

          Kelly: The best player available on the board, or per need?

          Bruce: The best player for the Redskins to win, which is usually the best player available.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            From Bruce Allens recent interview with Skins reporter:

            Kelly: What will your draft philosophy be together, do you kind of have, are you on the same page on that, and what is that?

            Bruce: Well we're gonna get the best players to help us win, and that is the philosophy.

            Kelly: The best player available on the board, or per need?

            Bruce: The best player for the Redskins to win, which is usually the best player available.
            Sounds like BPA but sufficiently vague enough to leave wiggle room. The Skins would have no business drafting WR or DE this draft if a BPA was at that position. I guess Shanny/Allen aren't going to tip their hand and state that "positions A, B & C are priorities in the 2010 draft".
            Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
              yo critesy did you see ziemba is most likely going to be entering the draft?? i think hes a great fit for shannys zbs. correct me if im wrong but from what i know the guy is a beast in the run game, good footwork, has really impressive quickness and athleticism for 6'8 310, 37 straight starts, and projects at LT. id say hes a mid 2nd round prospect right now.
              on the auburn rivals board everything is pointing to him coming back now. but yeah everything you said is true. he just lacks a little in the mental game (lots of false starts) and his pass blocking footwork is very inconsistent but other than that he is a beauty. and yeah started as a true freshman, hes very solid and of course i would love him on the skins :D


              RIP, Sean Taylor.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by critesy View Post
                on the auburn rivals board everything is pointing to him coming back now. but yeah everything you said is true. he just lacks a little in the mental game (lots of false starts) and his pass blocking footwork is very inconsistent but other than that he is a beauty. and yeah started as a true freshman, hes very solid and of course i would love him on the skins :D
                Im liking him a lot and hope he declares. If not, hopefully Nate Solder does.

                COACH TUBERVILLE: Lee Ziemba is as natural an athlete; big, strong, smart, fast, probably could play defense. Started every game for us as a true freshman. He'll start every game as long as he's at Auburn because of his tenacity. You know, he has the mentality of a defensive player playing offense.

                We've moved him from right offensive tackle to left offensive tackle. He's enjoyed that move. He's a guy you can count on every day of giving all he's got in practice. He loves to practice. And that's very unusual for an offensive lineman because those guys never touch the ball. You know, they get rushed on, beat on by the defense.

                But he's the perfect offensive lineman when you go out in terms of looking at a recruit and then knowing, you know, the potential that he has. He's gonna be a great one.
                Last edited by DiG; 01-11-2010, 01:48 PM.

                Comment


                • It's looking like Devine is going to return for his senior season so you can take him off your big board. Pretty surprising but I don't think it is a bad idea. He does have kids and a degree for him would be awesome and I don't think that his draft stock will change barring an injury next year. WVU should be better this year as well so he might have a chance to move up a little. Hardesty like some people have mentioned I am high on cause I watched a lot of Tennessee games this year and I like what he could bring to this team, especially in Shanny's offense.


                  Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

                  Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

                  Comment


                  • not only is this an auburn highlight of the year basically but you get to see alot of lee ziemba



                    RIP, Sean Taylor.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                      From Bruce Allens recent interview with Skins reporter:
                      Kelly: What will your draft philosophy be together, do you kind of have, are you on the same page on that, and what is that?
                      Bruce: Well we're gonna get the best players to help us win, and that is the philosophy.
                      Kelly: The best player available on the board, or per need?
                      Bruce: The best player for the Redskins to win, which is usually the best player available.
                      I heard something (maybe this?) on the radio recently (yesterday?), which is the first direction I have heard/read about from Allen. What do you think of the posibility of them taking Okung in the first and then Trent Williams falling to them in the second? I currently am playing with the thought of them taking both, which solidifies the offensive line at both tackle spots with who I have as the #1 prospects at each spot (LT and RT) respectively.
                      Also wondering if you think there is a chance they trade for Brandon Marshall, which I think could happen, and also heard discussion about on the radio...
                      "It must be contract year!"

                      Deion Sanders

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Poz51 View Post
                        I heard something (maybe this?) on the radio recently (yesterday?), which is the first direction I have heard/read about from Allen. What do you think of the posibility of them taking Okung in the first and then Trent Williams falling to them in the second? I currently am playing with the thought of them taking both, which solidifies the offensive line at both tackle spots with who I have as the #1 prospects at each spot (LT and RT) respectively.
                        Also wondering if you think there is a chance they trade for Brandon Marshall, which I think could happen, and also heard discussion about on the radio...
                        OT in the first and second is definitely possible. we have a solid guard already with dockery and i think shanny will try to bring in hamilton in FA to holdover for a year who knows his system and that way he can see what he has in rhineheart. so our needs on the oline are really LT, RT, and C.

                        i dont foresee a brandon marshall trade mostly because our first is so high. i think the broncos will be able to get a first round pick from a team drafting later in the round that would be worth more than our second. unless it was some sort of package deal or future picks.

                        Comment


                        • some interesting stats i stumbled upon that i very much enjoyed reading:



                          FYI - I talked to the guy that made this and got his stat sheet backup. It's legit but its actually through 2002 not 2006. Im adding in the 03-06 classes now and ill update with a new pic soon.
                          Last edited by DiG; 01-13-2010, 12:15 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Guys,
                            i e-mailed a cap "expert" on another site about the 2011 draft and what happens if there is no CBA agreement(looking VERY likely) for 2010.

                            He said if 2010 is uncapped there will be no college draft in 2011.

                            To me,that makes it more likely we will take a quarterback early this year.
                            (The failure to get Mark Sanchez must be eating away at dannyboy.)

                            In 2011 will most players just opt to stay in college as there will likely be a lock-out of nfl players by the owners and a strike?
                            And those that have to declare,do they just go to the highest bidder?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by treyskins View Post
                              And those that have to declare,do they just go to the highest bidder?
                              i have no idea and i have to imagine they will find a way to have a draft. they have to. i think the uncapped thing is going to be a 1 year deal from what ive seen/heard. and even if somehow next year there wasnt a draft it would make me think even more reason to NOT draft a qb this year because that would mean that draft order wouldnt matter next year and if we wanted a top qb we could theoretically have a go at him and we know how snyders pockets work in those situations.

                              Comment


                              • Bugel, who retired Wednesday, will still be watching the Redskins from afar, so I asked him what he expected to see out of the Washington line next season. "A great zone blocking team," Bugel responded.
                                "One thing about Shanny, he believes in the running game," Bugel said. "He don't mind calling 40-45 runs on a Sunday afternoon. He's going to build the offensive line. Then you can draft a back in the sixth or seventh round. If you have a solid big-time offensive line, Joe Doakes can play behind it."
                                Bugel thinks Shanahan will figure out a way to build off the existing personnel and said several players benefited from the adversity faced by this season's line.


                                i hope buges is right.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information