Official 2010 Redskins Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by treyskins View Post
    O.T. Jason Fox "is being way overrated" is a different voice ive heard(not knocking you D30 'cause i havent seen him play).

Walterfootball.com has us selecting him in round 2 alot as they reckon he fits Shanny's zone blocking scheme and DraftInsiders scout report on Fox says he is athletic.

Question i will ask is, if we look at Tackle in round 2 who besides Fox will be there?

Charles Brown(usc) likely gone in round 1,Barksdale(lsu) not yet declared and likely a first rounder,gabe Carimi(wisconsin) not yet declared.
    The few mocks ive seen are full of d.e.'s/d.t's/r.b's/corners in round 2.

C'mon draftniks what is going to be out there in round 2 for Tackles?

Missed out on alex Gibbs and Dennison as coaches but if we pick up jeff Jagozinski he was at boston college and they have 2 athletic linemen,Center matt Tennant and Left Tackle Castonzo(junior-not yet declared).
    Just need to pick up some third rounders.
    Redskins should pick up Broncos starter Halmton to be our new RG .I think Fox would be in our spot unless he makes a good combine than our early 2nd rould be good . We might pick up Trueblood or that other starter from the Bucs who is a LT to try and come here due too Allen connection.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
      i think okung, davis, campbell, bulaga, trent williams, and iupati will go ahead of charles brown so it is reasonable to think he could be there in rd2. i like calloway more than fox even though calloway is primarily a rt prospect. id also take a guy like vladimir ducasse, asamoah, tennant or pouncey who looks like a franchise g/c over fox. small school guys like tony washington and veldheer could really impress at the combine and could see a rise similar to sebastian vollmer did last year when he was drafted rd 2 by the pats.
      Im just waiting for more juniors to declare.
      Calloway(iowa) is one guy worth looking at as they play a zone blocking system style(but id much prefer his team mate Bulaga).

I think whoever they take at Tackle,Left or Right, they will plug in on the right side of the skins line,much like Oher started out on the right at the ravens until injury struck.

Veldheer was on my list,6foot9(?)and a fast forty time,but coming from a small school i was hoping he be around in round 4 like Haslam.
      Guard Asamoah comes from Shanahan's home state so you never know, but he'd have to be special to take early in round 2.
      Hoping we pick up someone like G/C Amano(titans) in free agency.

Comment

• Originally posted by treyskins View Post
        Im just waiting for more juniors to declare.
        Calloway(iowa) is one guy worth looking at as they play a zone blocking system style(but id much prefer his team mate Bulaga).

I think whoever they take at Tackle,Left or Right, they will plug in on the right side of the skins line,much like Oher started out on the right at the ravens until injury struck.

Veldheer was on my list,6foot9(?)and a fast forty time,but coming from a small school i was hoping he be around in round 4 like Haslam.
        Guard Asamoah comes from Shanahan's home state so you never know, but he'd have to be special to take early in round 2.
        Hoping we pick up someone like G/C Amano(titans) in free agency.
        I just can't imagine 7 or more oline going before our early 2nd rounder which leads me to think a guy like charles brown, iupati, or vlad should be there early rd2.i I like a lot of the other guys I mentioned but I'm not sure any would be worth an early 2nd rounder. If for some reason those top 7 lineman are gone then I'd prefer best available at rb (dwyer, best, hardesty) or lb (If we go 3-4 we are gonna need more lbers), dt/de (same as lber) or a trade down for one of the other oline I mentioned.

With veldheer, I think your right that he's a 4th rounder right now. But similar to vollmer, he's only got to impress 1 coach at the combine to move up. Early 4th for him is possible though.

Trueblood is a rfa and likely will cost a lot in compensation. I love him as a player but am not sure I'd give a 2nd unless all those top 6-7 oline were gone.

Without a new CBA the oline available are really really limited. With a new cba there are a lot of decent oline that would be avail but without it, it becomes more necessary for oline in the first round.

Comment

• great article by espn on the importance of a strong OL in winning the super bowl!! very much worth the read.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nfl

Comment

• just watched and read some on ryan matthews. i also like him for shannys offense.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• How does a team with a rookie qb make it to the Division Championship game?

The Jets success is something that worries me as we approach this years upcoming draft. Notice that I said the Jets success and not Mark Sanchez success. I like Sanchez. I think he has a bright future ahead of him. But lets be perfectly clear about one thing, Sanchez wasnt even close to the reason that this team made it to where they were. If you want to talk about success of rookie qbs in the NFL then in each case you need not look farther than their offensive lines. The Jets without a doubt have one of the best offensive lines in football with Nick Mangold, Damian Woody, Brandon Moore, Dbrick, and Faneca. Your looking at 2 pro bowlers this year (arguably should have been more) and 4 first round picks. Pair this with a dominant defense and you actually give a rookie qb a chance. Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones are good players but they are able to do what they do because of that offensive line.
              Last edited by DiG; 01-25-2010, 09:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                How does a team with a rookie qb make it to the Division Championship game?

The Jets success is something that worries me as we approach this years upcoming draft. Notice that I said the Jets success and not Mark Sanchez success. I like Sanchez. I think he has a bright future ahead of him. But lets be perfectly clear about one thing, Sanchez wasnt even close to the reason that this team made it to where they were. If you want to talk about success of rookie qbs in the NFL then in each case you need not look farther than their offensive lines. The Jets without a doubt have one of the best offensive lines in football with Nick Mangold, Damian Woody, Brandon Moore, Dbrick, and Faneca. Your looking at 2 pro bowlers this year (arguably should have been more) and 4 first round picks. Pair this with a dominant defense and you actually give a rookie qb a chance. Shonn Greene and Thomas Jones are good players but they are able to do what they do because of that offensive line.
                I am with you 100%. In many ways the Skins situation parallels the Jets of a couple of years ago. The Jets had a good but often injured QB and their quality RB was aging. They chose to rebuild their Oline and running game and then get a QB who could make a few plays. Of course building a good defense helps too. The Skins have potential for a good defense but they need to rebuild the Oline and running game. Campbell may not be an elite QB but he certainly has not had the conditions that Sanchez has (good Oline, good running game, decent WRs and good coaching). It'll be interesting to see how Shanny/Allen view the situation.
                Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

• I just realized that Casey Rabach is actually a free agent now due to hitting a playing time quota in his contract. I always thought that he was signed through next year but it turns out his contract is voided by that stipulation and he is technically a UFA in 2010 with or without a new cap. Hopefully its a blessing in disguise...It's a nice $3 mil savings.

Comment

• He was horrendous last year so thankfully he's probably gone. Just like
                    Jon Jansen it's time to cut ties. His golden days were still as a Raven. We might not even sign a FA and might just slide Edwin Williams to center, we'll see, although one guy I'm keeping an eye out for who I think Shanny might like is Chris Chester of the Ravens who I think is an UFA.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      He was horrendous last year so thankfully he's probably gone. Just like
                      Jon Jansen it's time to cut ties. His golden days were still as a Raven. We might not even sign a FA and might just slide Edwin Williams to center, we'll see, although one guy I'm keeping an eye out for who I think Shanny might like is Chris Chester of the Ravens who I think is an UFA.
                      Given Chesters # of years in the league I think he would technically be a RFA in an uncapped year. He was drafted in the 2nd round so I believe that would be his tender.

Comment

• byers from USC, the G/C seems like a perfect fit for ZBS. keep an eye on him.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                          He was horrendous last year so thankfully he's probably gone. Just like
                          I'm not sure Williams fits the ZBS. The Skins recently signed Kory Lichtensteiger and he may have a shot. I agree about Rabach, I think he is done.

Comment

• sorry to sound like a homer but im starting to like ben tate more and more for us. showed great pass pro today at the senior bowl (didnt do much at AU) and is showcasing his speed and cutting ability to fit the system.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by critesy View Post
                              sorry to sound like a homer but im starting to like ben tate more and more for us. showed great pass pro today at the senior bowl (didnt do much at AU) and is showcasing his speed and cutting ability to fit the system.
                              I've been thinking that he or Ryan Matthews would be a great fit for Shanny's ZBS.

Comment

• with all the brandon marshall talk around the internet i am interested what you guys think. if say we cut randle el, would you guys consider trading for marshall? any thoughts on swapping first round picks with the broncos for brandon marshall and adding either a future 3rd or a 4th this year? grab a guy like bulaga at 10/11. im not even sure what i think about it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information