No announcement yet.

Official 2010 Redskins Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That will be the day when the Skins trade down for the purpose of acquiring extra picks and building depth. DT you are thinking logically, you however have to think how the skins FO thinks and that is completely different.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
      That will be the day when the Skins trade down for the purpose of acquiring extra picks and building depth. DT you are thinking logically, you however have to think how the skins FO thinks and that is completely different.
      Well they way this years turning out you have to think there's at least a chance cerrato gets the boot. And maybe jus maybe someone logical takes over.

Comment

Usually I would agree with STRIP, taking talent over need. But the fact is, we need a LT and a RT. I'd rather not draft Spiller top 10. He'd struggle behind an inept O-line and would have no passing game to back him up. Plus with the turnover rate of RB's...I have to pass on that right now.

If Okung is gone, I guess I can get behind some of the top Defenders in this draft but...we have to address this putrid O-line at some point.

Comment

interesting kiper quote to discuss.
          http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/29361

"You take the QB. You don't worry about the line. You develop the line. You don't worry about protecting a QB. You can't not take a QB because your line isn't good enough. St. Louis could have taken a QB. They could have had Mark Sanchez, but they took Jason Smith. Now they'll be looking at QB this year when they would have taken one last year. Remember Miami gambled a few years ago, Quintar. They took Jake Long No. 1, they did not take Matt Ryan and they ended up with Chad Henne late in the second round. People forget that they even took Phil Merling early in the second round before Henne. People are still figuring out if that was a good idea. Matt Ryan has played well and Henne is still developing. I've always believed if there's a QB worthy of being in the top 5, you take the QB. Cleveland did that a few years ago with Joe Thomas. Then they got Brady Quinn later in the first round. You take the highly regarded QB over the highly regarded LT."

For me, I agree with Kiper. You take the franchise qb over the LT if they are both on the board. BUT, in this draft, I just dont know that any of the top qbs are "franchise" qbs. clausen, locker, bradford, they all have legitimate question marks and im not sure any of them are franchise prospects to the liking of matt ryan, cutler, rivers, manning, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            For me, I agree with Kiper. You take the franchise qb over the LT if they are both on the board. BUT, in this draft, I just dont know that any of the top qbs are "franchise" qbs. clausen, locker, bradford, they all have legitimate question marks and im not sure any of them are franchise prospects to the liking of matt ryan, cutler, rivers, manning, etc.

Exactly...franchise QB>than anything else...But just because Clausen/Locker/Bradford are the first round QB's in the draft, that doesn't mean they are franchise QB's or that they are on the level of Ryan/Sanchez/Flacco...

Each draft has a different inventory.

Now, if your scouts think that Clausen is your franchise QB, than so be it. I personally have serious doubts about all of these QB's though.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
              Exactly...franchise QB>than anything else...But just because Clausen/Locker/Bradford are the first round QB's in the draft, that doesn't mean they are franchise QB's or that they are on the level of Ryan/Sanchez/Flacco...

Each draft has a different inventory.

Now, if your scouts think that Clausen is your franchise QB, than so be it. I personally have serious doubts about all of these QB's though.
              thats dead on with my thoughts too. sadly, im not sure next year will be much better if we are still in search but its too early to tell. snead and ponder will lead the senior class if they dont declare this year. with juniors declaring early your looking at guys like mallett, gabbert, and foles. all three are intriguing prospects that could mature and be top picks.

ill take andrew luck in two years over any of the guys previously mentioned.

Comment

I'll be happy with Locker or Claussen. I really love Locker as I see him having ridiculous upside but something in me just tells me he is a complete boom or bust. No in between.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                  I'll be happy with Locker or Claussen. I really love Locker as I see him having ridiculous upside but something in me just tells me he is a complete boom or bust. No in between.
                  i just dont see clausen as an nfl franchise qb. i hate his arrogance. hes got an above average arm and is pretty accurate in the intermediate and long throws but he lacks any athleticism, doesnt have good touch on throws under 15 yards, and has no mobility. with the skins o-line the way it is clausen could get sacked more than carr did in houston when he was drafted. it honestly pains me to have to think about rooting for this guy:

im with you on locker. i like his potential and i love that he is a throw first qb with the ability to make plays with his feet. love his attitude and work ethic a lot more than clausen. at the same time im worried too about his boom or bust potential and where i think he could be really good i think hes still inconsistent and a few years away and im afraid the skins will throw him in the fire too fast before hes ready.

with bradford his injuries are a huge concern to me. and i am not a proponent of drafting a qb in the top 10 from a spread offense. as a project in the mid rounds its fine but i dont like it in the top 10.

all i know is that i am in LOVE with Andrew Luck. Since hes a redshirt freshman he technically can declare next year after his sophmore campaign. i think this kid is going to be special and possibly the best nfl qb prospect in the last 10 years.
                  Last edited by DiG; 11-13-2009, 01:03 PM.

Comment

I'm not familiar with this Andrew Luck guy...have you ever even seen him play to be so in love with him?

Not doubting you...just curious

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
                      I'm not familiar with this Andrew Luck guy...have you ever even seen him play to be so in love with him?

Not doubting you...just curious
                      did you watch the stanford oregon game last week? he was amazing. i also saw the game earlier this year vs wake forest. im really pumped to see him at USC this weekend. i think he may be not only the best freshman qb in the country but the best college qb in the country.

Comment

• Ah ok...I'll have to check out some Stanford games then. I haven't seen him play.

Comment

• Andrew luck owned usc tonight. 3 tds with no turnovers. He is a sex machine.

Comment

• Haha yea I caught that game. You were right, Luck is the real deal. My first time seeing him but he pretty much embarrased Barkley.

Comment

• well this weekend was a confusing win for the skins. although some areas of concern looked a bit better i dont think it changes the overall needs of this team much. it was nice to see rhino play well and if he can keep progressing than that would be a huge help to the line. heyer continues to suck but levi did play decent in his first start. if levi finishes the season with decent play, i wonder if he could play rt ahead of heyer next year?

heres my current "big board" for the first couple rounds.

ROUND 1

1. Russell Okung, OT, Okl State - tremendous size and athleticism with a ton of experience. excels in pass protection but a good run blocker too.

2. Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers - has shut down some great pass rushers this year. maybe not as safe as okung but could have a higher ceiling.

3. Eric Berry, DB, Tenn - playmaker. beast. nuff said.

4. Joe Haden, CB, Florida - Hadens had a very strong junior campaign and has risen quickly up draft boards. Performs well in coverage, good tackler, and should run in the low 4.4s.

5. Jake Locker, QB, Washington - love this leadership and work ethic. strong enough arm to make nfl throws and makes plays with his legs. needs to work on consistency.

6. Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama - a field general always around the ball. hits hard and has a great understanding of the game.

Honorable Mention: CJ Spiller, Trent Williams

ROUND 2

1. Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland - I think that the number of good OTs this year along with his inconsistency, injury, and lack of experience could drop Bruce in the draft. Hes a guy with HUGE upside but needs good coaching.

2. Jason Fox, OT, Miami - Another player thats been rising up draft boards with a strong campaign this year. Has a lot of experience starting and could probably start right away at the pro level.

3. Noel Devine, RB, WVU - An absolute playmaker with unbelievable vision and speed. He cuts on a dime and is extremely strong for his size.

4. Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia - Physical cornerback that has come on in the late part of this year. Has very good size and excels in run support. Isn't extremely fast but has adequate speed and good ball skills.

5. Eric Norwood, OLB, South Carolina - Big fan of Norwood. He's an animal on the field and is constantly around the ball. Could be a good rotational player at strongside with Orakpo when Orakpo plays with his hands on the ground.
                              Last edited by DiG; 11-18-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• Hey Maryland fans,
                                Tell me more about Bruce Campbell. His stock is all over the place. From a Top 10 Lock to 2nd round. He's personally my favorite OT at the moment, but I know I haven't seen him as much as you guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information