No announcement yet.

Official 2010 Redskins Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a need at all but damn imagine McCoy or Suh along with Albert.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
      Not a need at all but damn imagine McCoy or Suh along with Albert.
      I could see that. Just like you guys took Landry when you had Taylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        yeah, you know what I'm thinkin' bout that... I GOT COLT'S 2007 SILVER HELMET!!!!!!
        post pics :)

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
        Not a need at all but damn imagine McCoy or Suh along with Albert.
        why isnt DT a need? haynesworth, as i expected would be the case, is an absolute beast when hes in the game but, not to my surprise, hes only good for 12-13 games a season with minor injuries. i do anticipate similar going forward. anthony montgomery is set to hit free agency as is gholston and griffin will be 34 next year. id be perfectly fine drafting suh or mccoy if they were on the board and okung or berry were not.

Comment

• I know some people will disagree with me but I really really want Reggie Bush in 2010 for the Redskins.

"Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports New Orleans Saints RB Reggie Bush is unlikely to return to the team in 2010 as Bush is due to count for roughly $8 million against the salary cap next season. Bush's cap number and secondary importance to the team could create conflict in a locker room where several players, such as WR Marques Colston, are expected to receive new contracts soon."

I think he would be a great compliment to Portis and obviously he is still plenty young. There are only a couple dynamic speed backs in the draft and I would prefer to spend the picks on o-line and other needs. I wouldnt break the bank on a huge deal for him but at the right price I think hed be a really good addition. What do you guys think?

Comment

• I would take Bush on a cheap deal. Won't have to use a pick on a RB in the draft and you can make him the full time return man, something else that we need.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
              I would take Bush on a cheap deal. Won't have to use a pick on a RB in the draft and you can make him the full time return man, something else that we need.
              didnt even think about the return game value that bush would bring but your right. he is a beast in the return game and would be 10 times better than having randel el back there.

Comment

• i would definitely take bush in a heart beat. dont mind that at all.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

• But if there's no cap, I don't think it's out of the question that he stays. Saints are going to want nice compensation, no doubt. He won't be cheap.

Comment

But if there's no cap, I don't think it's out of the question that he stays. Saints are going to want nice compensation, no doubt. He won't be cheap.
                    i think theres a better chance of him getting cut if theres no cap because there will be no cap penalty. i dont think that we will be without cap forever. i am not saying to pay him vet min but i dont think hes going to get 25-30 mil guaranteed either.

Comment

• Some good ideas on the 2010 draft Dirty Thirty.

Would be happy with Okung or McCoy,but Berry-havent we taken too many Safeties with top 10 picks(i dont know which team will invest their money in a safety,he could be top 5 talent that falls out of the first ten taken).
                      Huff,Whitner and Landry...............maybe its time to look at the Lines.

If the skins end up with picking around 5-7,then my early guesses are that Cleveland and ST. Louis take Q.B's Clausen and Locker,
                      Tampa probably take Suh or Okung,
                      Detroit likely Okung or Suh
                      Kansas McCoy or wideout Bryant

So if Okung and McCoy are gone and the skins can find no-one to trade down with,who will they take?

Was thinking about drew Brees,didnt he get a bad shoulder injury when with san diego and the saints took a chance on him?
                      If we do get a coach like Shanahan who likes a kind of west coast offense,would he look at sam Bradford at that spot?

Get him in behind a vet for a year or two while the o-line is re-built.
                      If Bradford hadnt have been injured would he have been the best rated quarterback for 2010?
                      Would Bradford be a good fit for a W.C.O.
                      Could his injury and surgery be a blessing in disguise for the skins?

The guy is also part native american,might be able to lift this curse that seems to linger with the Redskins since Gibbs mark 1 left town.

Of course if vinny is still here then we will go full bore and trade up for notre dame's jimmy Clausen.

Comment

• Originally posted by treyskins View Post
                        Some good ideas on the 2010 draft Dirty Thirty.

Would be happy with Okung or McCoy,but Berry-havent we taken too many Safeties with top 10 picks(i dont know which team will invest their money in a safety,he could be top 5 talent that falls out of the first ten taken).
                        Huff,Whitner and Landry...............maybe its time to look at the Lines.

If the skins end up with picking around 5-7,then my early guesses are that Cleveland and ST. Louis take Q.B's Clausen and Locker,
                        Tampa probably take Suh or Okung,
                        Detroit likely Okung or Suh
                        Kansas McCoy or wideout Bryant

So if Okung and McCoy are gone and the skins can find no-one to trade down with,who will they take?

Was thinking about drew Brees,didnt he get a bad shoulder injury when with san diego and the saints took a chance on him?
                        If we do get a coach like Shanahan who likes a kind of west coast offense,would he look at sam Bradford at that spot?

Get him in behind a vet for a year or two while the o-line is re-built.
                        If Bradford hadnt have been injured would he have been the best rated quarterback for 2010?
                        Would Bradford be a good fit for a W.C.O.
                        Could his injury and surgery be a blessing in disguise for the skins?

The guy is also part native american,might be able to lift this curse that seems to linger with the Redskins since Gibbs mark 1 left town.

Of course if vinny is still here then we will go full bore and trade up for notre dame's jimmy Clausen.
                        That is hilarious! :D You sound so serious.

But you are right... You could go QB first and then draft OL later. So long as you're convinced that you're getting the right QB.

Comment

• for me bradfords issues are more than just his injuries. although his injuries are a major concern. i do not believe in paying a qb top 5 money in the draft that has so many question marks. quarterbacks that come from a spread offense have a much lower success rate in the nfl than those that take snaps under center and its proven that it takes them 2-3 more years than most qbs to transition. bradfords arm strength is only average, he floats balls, his mechanics are not great, and i dont think he has a huge upside. if the skins traded back into the early 20s and he was on the board than id consider taking the chance but NOT in the top 5 or even 10.

also, dont consider berry just as a safety prospect. he is a top 10 cb prospect as well. im still not opposed to joe haden either if we win a game or two and slide back closer to the 10 spot.

okung, suh, mccoy, berry. one of them should be available with the 5th pick.

if the skins drafted any qb in the first round this year the only guy id be optimistic about is ryan mallett.

Comment

• I don't think Haden is THAT special. First rounder, ok. Top 10? uh ah.

I also agree that this year's QB class is sneaky... might end up with a stud or dud. Putting that kind of money is a big risk. Go safe and take Rolando McClain. Fletcher is old.

Comment

• I don't like Mallett. Yes he has a monster arm, but all he has is that cannon. He has no touch whatsover on his throw. All his throws are one speed and on the NFL level that will lead to so many picks and accuracy issues.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

I don't think Haden is THAT special. First rounder, ok. Top 10? uh ah.

I also agree that this year's QB class is sneaky... might end up with a stud or dud. Putting that kind of money is a big risk. Go safe and take Rolando McClain. Fletcher is old.
                                i do love mcclain. fletcher may be old but he is still BEASTING it. with the way hes playing right now hes making it easy for the skins to address other needs in the draft. i can see taking a mid round mlb to take a chance on as a future replacement like they did with HB Blades, who plays decent at times, but until fletchers play drops off some i cant see spending a first rounder on a replacement with the other needs we have.

i actually like haden a lot. hes fast, phyisical, can cover and tackle and has pretty decent hands. i dont think hes top 5 but id say hes definitely in that 8-14 range.

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                                I don't like Mallett. Yes he has a monster arm, but all he has is that cannon. He has no touch whatsover on his throw. All his throws are one speed and on the NFL level that will lead to so many picks and accuracy issues.
                                im not saying im in love with or enamored by mallett. i dolike him more than clausen, locker, or bradford but i agree with your points. he isnt perfect either.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information