Washington Nationals thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
    I'd love for them to trade an OF to clear room for Justin Maxwell to stay up on the team
    Maxwell looks like he could be good, I think Dukes is gone. He and Manny just don't see eye to eye, and there are reports that he's just a clubhouse cancer. It's a shame though because he has so much potential.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by HChu View Post
      I think if Cabrera ever decides to just unleash his stuff rather than try to pinpoint locations, he could be a serviceable reliever for the Nats. Hey, anything could an improvement to Kip Wells right? Right? Dear God...
      Ah, Daniel Cabrera, the years and years I wasted thinking that guy could one day unleash that potential, sigh........

Great game tonight though guys, it was fun to watch some competitive baseball after being raped by the Skanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
        Ah, Daniel Cabrera, the years and years I wasted thinking that guy could one day unleash that potential, sigh........

Great game tonight though guys, it was fun to watch some competitive baseball after being raped by the Skanks.
        Yeah, I know I'm dreaming that he can do something, but I have to hope for something. Hope the O's are ready for the sexiness of Ross Detweiler.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm just jealous of the young pitching you have and will have soon. I really can't get past that.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Yeah, I know I'm dreaming that he can do something, but I have to hope for something. Hope the O's are ready for the sexiness of Ross Detweiler.
            Oh we are ready, but are you ready to handle the sexiness that is...

KOJI UEHARA! I think not :)

BTW Jordan Zimermann is ******* awesome, I (and Former Oriole great and current Oriole announcer Jim Palmer) have a huge boner for him.

Comment

Martis really flies under the radar. I saw him against the Mets last year in September and he really impressed me. I thought his stuff was great and so far he's done pretty well.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I am not ready for Uehara.

Zimmermann is amazing. I've had a boner for him for a while.

Martis is our most underrated starter, his stuff is pretty nasty when he's on.

Question: What will you do if the Nats cannot reach an agreement with Strasburg?

BoneKrusher

Comment

I am not ready for Uehara.

Zimmermann is amazing. I've had a boner for him for a while.

Martis is our most underrated starter, his stuff is pretty nasty when he's on.

Question: What will you do if the Nats cannot reach an agreement with Strasburg?
                  If the Nats can't sign Strasburg they might as well move the team back to Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    If the Nats can't sign Strasburg they might as well move the team back to Montreal.
                    Or just contract us.

I'm interested more though in who we take with #10. If Crow slips, there are rumors we'd pick him again. Or there's Tanner Scheppers, who the Pirates weren't able to sign.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I know you don't draft for need but I don't think it's a good idea to take Strasburg and then another SP who is going to move into the majors soon. Is there a thing as too much young pitching? haha
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        I know you don't draft for need but I don't think it's a good idea to take Strasburg and then another SP who is going to move into the majors soon. Is there a thing as too much young pitching? haha
                        Nope, it is always valued highly, and when you have too much, there are more opportunities to get veterans at other positions where you really need help.
                        Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

I've been sayign for a while now (to my friends, don't talk much about baseball on SWDC for some reason) that the Nats may not be too dangerous now, but give them a year or two, and they will be right in the mix for the NL East.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                            Nope, it is always valued highly, and when you have too much, there are more opportunities to get veterans at other positions where you really need help.
                            I was just joking around when I said that. Of course you can never have enough pitching especially young studs like the Natinals are getting. On the last page I said the same thing as you that if the they can add some bats they will definitely be contending in the NL East in about 2 years.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              I was just joking around when I said that. Of course you can never have enough pitching especially young studs like the Natinals are getting. On the last page I said the same thing as you that if the they can add some bats they will definitely be contending in the NL East in about 2 years.
                              Well there comes a time when enough is enough, but with the Nats situation, more pitching couldn't hurt. As I said, even if that pitching may not have the chance to make that impact for you, you can use it to get other players that will, since pitching is valued so highly. I saw that you said that, and I (obviously) agree. But I guess my point is things may be looking bleak currently for the Nats right now, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Detwiler v Adam Jones with bases loaded, this should be a test for the young fella.

EDIT: Test passed, now on to Detwiler v Markakis with bases loaded.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information