No announcement yet.

Washington Nationals thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ross Detweiler looks legit. HAd a few issues with walks around the 3rd inning or so but got out of it well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      Ross Detweiler looks legit. HAd a few issues with walks around the 3rd inning or so but got out of it well.
      I'm going to keep saying it but the whole rotation is legit. Adding Strasburg=WOW.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I seriously believe that if the NL ROY doesn't come from this Nationals rotation than the award means nothing. These guys have all been horribly rushed through the system and are all performing admirably. If the team had a bullpen I think the Nats would be in the NL East race

Comment

Thoughts:

Miserable performance by the bullpen, as usual.

Detweiler is such a stud.

I know it for fact, that if we had even an average bullpen we could be 2nd or 3rd in the East and not that far off the lead.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by HChu View Post
            Thoughts:

Miserable performance by the bullpen, as usual.

Detweiler is such a stud.

I know it for fact, that if we had even an average bullpen we could be 2nd or 3rd in the East and not that far off the lead.
            The bullpen in general wasn't horrible last night. Just Julian Tavarez. Why he still has a job amazes me

Comment

I believe that after the team drafts and signs Strasburg, they'll likely move one of these young starters in order to get some bullpen depth. I think it will likely be Martis

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                I believe that after the team drafts and signs Strasburg, they'll likely move one of these young starters in order to get some bullpen depth. I think it will likely be Martis
                I think they'll keep their rotation, because who knows how long Stammen/Olsen will be effective. So our rotation for 2010 would be:

Strasburg
                Lannan
                Zimmermann
                Detweiler
                Martis

Which is a very solid rotation (potential wise).

I still think we'll end up trading Nick Johnson for a reliever within the next two weeks while his value is still high.
                Last edited by HChu; 05-24-2009, 11:29 AM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Well Nick looks like he's gone, he was just scratched from the lineup because "he didn't feel well." Where does he end up? San Francisco? Boston? The Mets?

BoneKrusher

Comment

And Joel Hanrahan gets a 1-2-3 inning? Cats with dogs? Odd...

BoneKrusher

Comment

Well Nick looks like he's gone, he was just scratched from the lineup because "he didn't feel well." Where does he end up? San Francisco? Boston? The Mets?
                      Wasn't it really just stomach discomfort?
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Wasn't it really just stomach discomfort?
                        Maybe, but I still think something is going on.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I can't believe I haven't mentioned this, but sometimes it's almost fun when we're losing to just hear the despair in Rob Dibble's voice. Then he just starts cracking zings, and the regret he feels for taking the job as color guy for the Nats is palpable.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Maybe, but I still think something is going on.
                            Well I gues we'll find out soon. Aren't you jinxing yourself with that sig? haha
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Martis got bailed out for the second straight start. 2 starts in a row he's given up 5 ERs and got away with the no decision to keep his record flawless

Comment

Maybe I should stop going to games because so far they've lost every game I've been to this past week and won the games I didn't go to.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information