Steddy Ambition!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

If Ryan Zimmerman did steroids I'll cry

Comment

Hey, at least its not the Redskins...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
            The Nats should consider calling up Mike MacDougal. He can't be worse than Julian Tavarez or Jesus Colome
            Looks like they took my advice

Comment

Anyone else think MacDougal will have the closer job sooner rather than later?

Comment

Anyone else think MacDougal will have the closer job sooner rather than later?
                I think anyone in that bullpen has a good shot at the closer's role at this point. I'm also surprised that Zechry Zinicola didn't get called up to Syracuse in a corresponding move w/ MacDougal getting the call up. Zech's been lights out (well as close to lights out as you can be when your team is 13-31) in Harrisburg, and he's a former Nats Minor League Pitcher of the Year. I'm also wondering if the organization cares anymore about Clint Everts, our former #5 overall pick. He has 22 K's in 15.1 innings of relief work with a 1.17 ERA, and his stuff has just looked dominating against Class A ball. He should definitely be getting looked at as a potential call up to Harrisburg, or just skip AA and got straight to Syracuse. These two can't be much worse than what's here now right? Right!?

BoneKrusher

Comment

Also, sucks to see that Maxwell got demoted but he hadn't really done much in this stint. Hope that he reworks some things and comes back up here and stays for a long while. I have no idea why we called up SS Alberto Gonzalez in the corresponding move though.

BoneKrusher

Comment

These Strasburg dealings with Boras could be the defining moment of this franchise for the next 10 years. Not only if we get Strasburg or not, it will also determine how the dealings will go with Bryce Harper (potentially) after next year's draft. I for one am really excited for the future, despite the current state of the team.

Also, Manny Acta should not get the boot.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I got a Nationals blog. It's going to be called Teddy Never Wins

Comment

So I am putting together a list of 10 things to sum up the season so far. Here's what I have

Youth in the Rotation
                        Spelling mistake in the Jersey
                        Trade for Nyjer Morgan
                        Joel Hanrahan gets a win when he's not even on the team
                        The Lastings Milledge for All-Star movement
                        Adam Dunn's race to outhomer the team's win
                        Ryan Zimmerman's hit streak
                        Drafting Strasburg
                        Manny Acta fired
                        Bullpen ineptitude

Now I just need to rank them
                        Last edited by SuperKevin; 07-22-2009, 09:59 PM.

Comment

So I am putting together a list of 10 things to sum up the season so far. Here's what I have

Youth in the Rotation
                          Spelling mistake in the Jersey
                          Trade for Nyjer Morgan
                          Joel Hanrahan gets a win when he's not even on the team
                          The Lastings Milledge for All-Star movement
                          Adam Dunn's race to outhomer the team's win
                          Ryan Zimmerman's hit streak
                          Drafting Strasburg
                          Manny Acta fired
                          Bullpen ineptitude

Now I just need to rank them
                          You could probably make the "Natinals" mistake, the folly of errors by the Nats as chronicled in the DC Sports Bog, but my order would be (from your list):

Also to be noted: I don't think the Milledge campaign was ever that legitimate, maybe you could replace it with the Bowden/Smiley fiasco if that counts. Or the good shaping of the future by Mike Rizzo.
                          Last edited by HChu; 07-22-2009, 10:10 PM.

BoneKrusher

Comment

The Blog is now live. Visit Teddy Never Wins at http://teddyneverwins.com

Comment

The Blog is now live. Visit Teddy Never Wins at http://teddyneverwins.com
                              Nice, added to my Google Reader.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm not a huge Nationals fan myself (still loyal to the O's) but I live in DC and I'm a baseball fan so I still follow them.

What the hell is this team doing!?!? No activity at the trade deadline? (McEnroe voice) YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS?!?!

Hire a freakin real GM and start rebuilding asap. There has GOT to be interest for Nick Johnson, Willingham, and especially Adam Dunn...there HAS to be...Why on god's green earth are you not shopping these guys.

You are going to lose 100 freaking games! You are nowhere close to competing in the future. You are NOT loaded with young talent and potential. Your farm system is rather weak.

Not to mention, you can trade those players...get some young talent back AND save some money to.......Sign Strasburg! I can see the backlash from their fans already if they don't sign him.

Well you could say...so what if they don't sign him they will have picks 1A and 1B next year. Well Bryce Harper is going to be the number 1 pick....Boras Client...probably going to ask for the same money as Strasburg. Plus Strasburg says he wants to play for the Padres instead.

I'm just wowed by the ineptitude of this teams front office. I really feel sorry for this team, for their fans. They have no direction, and there is really no end in sight. Attendence numbers are already horrible...They are going to have to rebuild Rays style and trade Zimmerman eventually and get about 8 straight number 1 picks so they can compete in 2020.

Forgot about Acta gettin fired...just adds to the chaos.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information