Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colt: A lot to prove in preseason

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Colt: A lot to prove in preseason

    http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/07/03/c...hes-a-startin/

    To veteran NFL players, the preseason is a necessary evil, a four-game stretch in which they get paid peanuts (relatively speaking) and just hope they don't get hurt. But to young players trying to prove themselves, the preseason can represent a major opportunity. And Redskins backup quarterback Colt Brennan says he's going to make the most of that opportunity.

    In fact, Brennan -- who played very well in the 2008 preseason but never saw the field in the regular season -- sounds like he thinks that with another good preseason in 2009, he could be ready to take the starting job (currently held by Jason Campbell) in 2010.

    Click link for rest of very interesting story.

  • #2
    He'll be starting by Game 8. Bank it.

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles...___A_42441.jsp

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        He'll be starting by Game 8. Bank it.
        The season would be completely in the crapper if that is the case. I just don't have the confidence that Brennan is an NFL starter at this point.
        Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
          He'll be starting by Game 8. Bank it.
          Care to make a friendly wager that he won't?

          Comment


          • #6
            Colt Watch:

            http://blog.redskins.com/2009/08/04/...one/#continued
            "Orakpo also took issue with my assessment that he had been caught out of position on a Colt Brennan to Fred Davis touchdown pass at the goalline. "What?!? When?" he said. "Nah, that wasn't happening. I was blitzing the quarterback and he threw it over my head."


            http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=293389
            "Colt Brennan had a very nice TD during goal line sets, selling the handoff and then tossing the ball to a wide-open Ladell Betts."

            http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=338#more-338
            "At least Colt is still the accurate passer he was in HI and in pre-seaon last year:
            Under the watchful eye of Jim Zorn and Chris Meidt, the quarterbacks gathered at midfield and took turns throwing the ball into a small hoop in he middle of a net.
            The drill tested quarterback accuracy, both in the pocket and on the move.
            Jason Campbell was the least accurate, missing the hoop in the net on four throws that I saw.
            Colt Brennan did the best, nailing the throw in the hoop on two occasions.
            Todd Collins hit on one of his throws, as did Chase Daniel."

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
              Care to make a friendly wager that he won't?
              Last time I put money on a bet with someone online, I won and they never showed their face here ever again. I do think he'll get a chance to start a game though. Maybe through injury or what have you.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                Colt Watch:

                http://blog.redskins.com/2009/08/04/...one/#continued
                "Orakpo also took issue with my assessment that he had been caught out of position on a Colt Brennan to Fred Davis touchdown pass at the goalline. "What?!? When?" he said. "Nah, that wasn't happening. I was blitzing the quarterback and he threw it over my head."


                http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=293389
                "Colt Brennan had a very nice TD during goal line sets, selling the handoff and then tossing the ball to a wide-open Ladell Betts."

                http://www.warpathconfidential.com/?p=338#more-338
                "At least Colt is still the accurate passer he was in HI and in pre-seaon last year:
                Under the watchful eye of Jim Zorn and Chris Meidt, the quarterbacks gathered at midfield and took turns throwing the ball into a small hoop in he middle of a net.
                The drill tested quarterback accuracy, both in the pocket and on the move.
                Jason Campbell was the least accurate, missing the hoop in the net on four throws that I saw.
                Colt Brennan did the best, nailing the throw in the hoop on two occasions.
                Todd Collins hit on one of his throws, as did Chase Daniel."
                Sounds like the Colt I know. :D

                Here's one...

                http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...073102227.html
                Hague, Va.: Dan the man, Please tell me what you think of Colt Brennan as a quarterback and if you think he has any chance of playing this year?

                Dan Steinberg: You can't tell if these questions are sort of poking fun at the Cult thing, or actually optimistic that a sports blogger who spends his afternoons asking Redskins how much they can bench press will jump on the Internet and drop this news: Colt Brennan will be the starting quarterback by Week 7.

                I mean, sure, there's a chance. If multiple QBs get hurt, obviously, or if Campbell is terrible and Collins struggles or gets hurt or whatever. But no one, inside the Skins brass, has ever, ever, ever given the Cultists any signs of hope, which is why they turn to me, I guess.

                Do I think, on merit, Colt Brennan will be starting in the first four games of the year? No, I do not. Do I think the Internet will break if Zorn turns to Brennan at some point? Quite possibly.

                Here's some grist: the Redskins have renamed one of their pass patterns "Colt." It used to be called "Corner Omaha," or something like that. C-O

                Now how many of their patterns are named after Campbell? hahaha...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  He'll be starting by Game 8. Bank it.

                  you wear a, i heart jason campbell sig if he isnt and i'll wear a i love colt or whatever you want if he does. ?


                  RIP, Sean Taylor.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by critesy View Post
                    you wear a, i heart jason campbell sig if he isnt and i'll wear a i love colt or whatever you want if he does. ?
                    that doesn't work because you should already love colt. ...and if he does start I know you'll jump on the bandwagon faster than speedy gonzalez and then will like wearing that sig.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      that doesn't work because you should already love colt. ...and if he does start I know you'll jump on the bandwagon faster than speedy gonzalez and then will like wearing that sig.
                      lolz (10 characters)


                      RIP, Sean Taylor.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        that doesn't work because you should already love colt. ...and if he does start I know you'll jump on the bandwagon faster than speedy gonzalez and then will like wearing that sig.
                        How about I wear a I heart Romo sig, and you wear a I heart Campbell sig. I will wear the Romo sig til the end of the season.

                        If Colt is starting Week 8 you win. If JC goes down by injury though, it is null and void. He has to benched for Colt.

                        And yes if Colt comes in and does well, of course we jump on the bandwagon, we're skins fans.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Colt TC Pics: :)








                          Comment


                          • #14
                            if the JC sucks im down with giving colt a go. I think defense is going to be so beastly this year JC will have to give away the ball alot to be benched.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                              Colt TC Pics: :)








                              I love you man.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information