No announcement yet.

The Head Coach of the 2010 Redskins

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it will be Shanahan, not unless Snyder gives up personnel control. Shanahan is going to stand firm on that, after having had what he had in Denver for all those years, when his previous head coaching tenure in Oakland obviously didn't last anywhere near that long nor was anywhere near as enjoyable.

Especially when Pat Bowlen still owes him $20M for the three years left remaining on the contract, after firing him following the 2008 season.
    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Redskins Insider today posted that when asked about the skins decision to strip playcalling duties form Zorn, Holmgren said he thought it was very unfair to put him in that position.

"The position they put him in, it shouldnt happen. You can be upset with me as a play call or how the teams doing, then fire me. But don't do that. Dont pull the rug out form under me, tie my hands, make me look foolish, take away what I came there to do in the first place. Dont do that"

"That bothered me alot." Holmgren said. "Jim Zorn is one of the nicest people. Im a nice guy, but Im not that nice. What they did, I did not like it at all."

well i guess there goes Holmgren from the potential list of coaches...come on gruden!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
        Redskins Insider today posted that when asked about the skins decision to strip playcalling duties form Zorn, Holmgren said he thought it was very unfair to put him in that position.

"The position they put him in, it shouldnt happen. You can be upset with me as a play call or how the teams doing, then fire me. But don't do that. Dont pull the rug out form under me, tie my hands, make me look foolish, take away what I came there to do in the first place. Dont do that"

"That bothered me alot." Holmgren said. "Jim Zorn is one of the nicest people. Im a nice guy, but Im not that nice. What they did, I did not like it at all."

well i guess there goes Holmgren from the potential list of coaches...come on gruden!
        Gruden said essentially the same thing on MNF against the Eagles. Don't have a quote, but I remember something along those lines. Who would want to deal with Snyder's crap?

Comment

Im hoping that the Bills come to an agreement with Shanahan. Although Id like Cohwer, I dont think he would come here with Dan and I dont want to switch to a 3-4. Gruden looks like hes going to stick to broadcasting (ill believe it when i see it but lets just say he does). Holmgren is unlikely due to his relationship with Zorn. So for me, that leaves my two favorite options.

One option would be Brian Billick. I like this option a lot. I like Billicks attitude as a coach. Hes a proven winner and still relatively young. If Snyder wants a vet coach than I am pulling for Billick or Gruden.

The other option that I am hoping for is bringing in a GM and what I call "tomorrows" head coach. A younger candidate thats put together a good resume, a strong tack record, and is tough. My personal favorite combo would be Chris Polian and Jim Harbaugh.

Other Potential GMs I like are Eric DeCosta and Morroco Brown. Other potential coaches I like would be Leslie Frazier and maybe even Danny Smith.

Comment

I like the Harbaugh idea, hadn't thought of that. It seems that he likes where he is at Stanford now.

However, Snyder's cash can certainly have an effect on anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
              I like the Harbaugh idea, hadn't thought of that. It seems that he likes where he is at Stanford now.

However, Snyder's cash can certainly have an effect on anyone.
              Yea I know Harbaugh interviewed last year for HC spot with the Jets so Im sure hes interested and if we offered him the right money and had hired a quality GM I think hed bite.

I salivate thinking about the idea of Polian, Harbough, and drafting Andrew Luck.

Comment

Yea I'd be down for Harbaugh, he seems like a fiery type head coach, which is what we need.

Plus his brother would just be down the street. Beltway Harbaugh battle.

Comment

Yea I know Harbaugh interviewed last year for HC spot with the Jets so Im sure hes interested and if we offered him the right money and had hired a quality GM I think hed bite.

I salivate thinking about the idea of Polian, Harbough, and drafting Andrew Luck.
                  I think Zorn has screwed up any chance of boydanny taking a chance on a young G.M./Coach combo.
                  Snyder has rightly taken so much flak this year.
                  His track record is he needs a big name to hide behind-see marty/Gibbs/Spurrier(a college legend) and attempts to get Cowher and Shanny.

Our only hope is the new head coach brings in a brilliant mind to be our G.M. and vinny of course is canned.

Comment

looks like jerry gray is the front runner for the memphis job. i know hes been rumored in the past as a candidate for various jobs but looks like this could be one that he finally takes. i always like gray but im also not happy with where our secondary is now. with that said i think hes a good coach.

Comment

I voted for Gruden since Cowher doesnt want the job. Cowher would be my first choice but since he doesnt want to be here I went with Chucky.

Is Andrew Luck available for the 2010 Draft? I thought he was a freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by BleedBurgundy96 View Post
                        I voted for Gruden since Cowher doesnt want the job. Cowher would be my first choice but since he doesnt want to be here I went with Chucky.

Is Andrew Luck available for the 2010 Draft? I thought he was a freshman.
                        nah not till 2011 at the earliest. most likely not till 2012.

Comment

nah not till 2011 at the earliest. most likely not till 2012.
                          Cool thats what I thought. I was just making sure.

Id rather have Bradford in 2010 though.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't get Brian Billick. He is a QB killer and we can't have that with Colt.

Comment

For what it is worth, 0n 11/25 on espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat

chris mortenson said"Alot of people in the league will be surprised if Shanny is NOT the next coach of the redskins."

So that makes him the favorite?
                              Aside from a change in offense,he will most likely change our D to a base 3-4 alignment.
                              Any thoughts on that change of set-up?

Haynesworth and griff/jarmon either side of a new nose tackle with Orakpo and Carter(i know he wont like it) as rush linebackers.

In the Secondary there will be changes either way after this season.

Comment

I think that Cower will go to Carolinia, so they may go after Fox.

Also Harbaugh may be a good target.

Mabey Joe Gibbs will come back to.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information