X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cerrato Resigns!!!!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles...dent_94373.jsp

On the same morning that executive V.P. of football operations Vinny Cerrato has resigned, triggering speculation that Mike Holmgren or Mike Shanahan could be taking the reins of the Redskins, Jay Glazer of FOX has dropped a bomb on us, baby.

Glazer reports that Redskins coaches were advised today that the teams is in talks with former Raiders and Buccaneers executive Bruce Allen.

Allen's father, George, was one of the most beloved coaches in franchise history not named "Joe Gibbs."

As Glazer points out, the Redskins would be required to satisfy the Rooney Rule when filling the top front-office position. In this case, either the Redskins already have quietly satisfied the requirement, or Allen would be hired for a position that does not presently require compliance with the Rooney Rule.

The arrival of Allen undoubtedly would trigger speculation that the next move would be to dump coach Jim Zorn and pursue Jon Gruden, who partnered with Allen both in Oakland and Tampa.

Holmgren or Allen/Gruden would be sooo sweeet. We have the defense in place that Gruden would covet.

Comment

Glory Be The Funks On Me!!

Comment

omfg, i woke up and saw this. good day people. good day. :D

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I Love All Of You

Comment

ESPN 980 is now reporting that Bruce Allen is officially the Skins GM.

Comment

George Allen's son, former GM of the Bucs. Went to Langley High and Univ of Richmond...Homegrown baby!

Comment

Bruce Allen and drafting OL the last 3 years:

2008 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                RD3 83 Jeremy Zuttah G Rutgers

2007 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                RD2 35 Arron Sears G/T Tennessee
                RD7 214 Chris Denman T Fresno State

2006 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers
                RD1 23 Davin Joseph G Oklahoma
                RD2 59 Jeremy Trueblood T Boston College

Currently, Zuttah, Davin Joseph, and Trueblood are starting for the Bucs. Aaron Sears is a beast who would be starting and will start when he returns to the Bucs.
                Last edited by DiG; 12-17-2009, 10:05 AM.

Comment

i like the looks of that drafting.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Excuse me while I go do a victory lap.

#4 Duke Blue Devils (4-1)
                    2010 & 2015 National Champions!!!
                    2015 2K Classic Champions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cESr9VWpZc0
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs

Comment

This is so ******* awesome!!!

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                      12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Best news ever. I'm thrilled about Allen. I found out late today (dumb finals)...

There should be some good coverage of this before the MNF game, maybe Snyder is coming around?

Comment

Congrats to the Redskin Nation-the campaign against this "toxic management" got through to the owner.

Fan Power= YOU CAN change the future.

Allen is more average than great player personnel guy(both with the raydurs and bucs),but he can work the cap and contracts really well(had to work for the stingy glazers at the bucs).
                          However, his record with Gruden is won 38 lost 42.
                          Very Redskinesque!

Maybe Bruce Allen goes in another direction for Head Coach.
                          Shanny has had better drafts(2006&2008) but it might not even be him.

Comment

Congrats to Redskins Fans......If there was ever one guy that needs to be out of football it was Cerrato!

Comment

This is the best news since Joe Gibbs came back. The Skins problems all stems from the top and Danny finally figured that out. All he has to do now is get out of the way and let Allen run the show. No more scouting trips, Danny!!!
                              Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information