Clausen vs Okung vs Bradford

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
    Where is Jake Locker when you need him. I'm happy with taking Okung or top defensive player available at 4, while trading back in the late 2nd-early 3rd and take Tony Pike.
    i think trading back in the second is the way to go. we have a chance in the top 5 to take a premiere franchise player in either okung or berry or even mccoy possibly. by trading back in the second we can try to recoup our 3rd rounder but for me id rather do it for a rb like devine or hardesty.

Comment

I'm really starting to warm up to looking at Gerald McCoy with the 4th pick. I think if we do decide to go Campbell+Colt next year, or Colt and whatever Free agent, it really free's us up in the draft to go more so of talent over need and sacrificing talent. If this year is any indication Albert is such a liability to be on the field consistently. Also I think having a guy just as talented as him is a kick in the butt for Albert to put more effort in it. Still though you always have to question having 150+ million invested in 2 DT's when someone like Kedric Golston can be resigned for a fair market price. Another outside the box pick which I am welcoming to is Rolando McClain. The guy is an absolute monster and tackling machine. Our LB corps make look good now but really Rocky McIntosh is the only true starter I see for the future, this is making the assumption that Orakpo plays more DE in the future. McClain is a guy who could eventually replace London but at the very least can start opposite of Rocky and allow Orakpo to play DE.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
        Big armed gun slinger who can scramble out of the pocket.

See
        John Elway
        Jake Plummer
        Jay Cutler
        jason campbell is a big armed gun slinger who can scramble out of the pocket, that basically describes what campbell is best at.

heck, colt isnt big, but his arm is good and is very good at scrambling and throwing on the run.

snead would be a waste, very inconsistent and stupid. (i just dont like him)

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Snead sucks don't get me started on him. Anywhere in the first 3 rounds he doesn't belong.

Comment

I think jason Campbell is gone as a redskin.

Both bruce Allen and mike Shanahan have used the same words about Campbell,
            "his best days are ahead of him"
            Nothing on his achievements so far as a redskin.
            They want a draft pick for him(maybe a third or fourth).

Really think they will take a quarterback this year and sam Bradford's shoulder injury is a blessing for the skins.
            Why?

Because we would have no shot of selecting him if he re-produced his 2008 form.

Comment

how do you turn, best days ahead of him = not here. he also said he looks forward to working with him and he likes how he handles himself, he's coming back.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

If Campbell ends up a RFA there is no way we don't keep him for another year. The fact is that Campbell is the best QB on the market. Whether or not you draft a QB with the 4th pick you need Campbell there.

Comment

A couple things to consider with Okung and the 4th pick.

1. In the zone blocking scheme, the best overall prospect isnt always the best overall prospect for the zbs. What you want in a left tackle is a lighter left tackle (300-310 range) who is extremely mobile and can get out to the second level and pull and block. With Okung well have to pay attention at the combine to not only his 40 time (projected around 5.25) but also the various agility tests. The OTs right now at first glance that best fit that mold are probably Bruce Campbell, Bryan Bulaga, and Charles Brown.

2. Shanahan doesn't believe in 1st round running backs. Shanahan in the past has been known to find rb gems in the mid rounds. He usually looks for guys who are 1 cut and go runners with great vision finding the hole and hitting it hard. In this years draft, no runner exemplifies those characteristics to me more than Hardesty. Without having our early 3rd round pick, I think the best scenario would be trading back in the 2nd to pick up another draft pick for the oline and taking Hardesty in the mid to late 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                    A couple things to consider with Okung and the 4th pick.

1. In the zone blocking scheme, the best overall prospect isnt always the best overall prospect for the zbs. What you want in a left tackle is a lighter left tackle (300-310 range) who is extremely mobile and can get out to the second level and pull and block. With Okung well have to pay attention at the combine to not only his 40 time (projected around 5.25) but also the various agility tests. The OTs right now at first glance that best fit that mold are probably Bruce Campbell, Bryan Bulaga, and Charles Brown.

2. Shanahan doesn't believe in 1st round running backs. Shanahan in the past has been known to find rb gems in the mid rounds. He usually looks for guys who are 1 cut and go runners with great vision finding the hole and hitting it hard. In this years draft, no runner exemplifies those characteristics to me more than Hardesty. Without having our early 3rd round pick, I think the best scenario would be trading back in the 2nd to pick up another draft pick for the oline and taking Hardesty in the mid to late 2nd.
                    2. (Defines Noel Devine)

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Quick question. How big of a need is a safety for you guys? I'm working on a mock draft right now...and I have Okung and Clausen off the board. Was wondering if you guys were looking for another safety, or if some other position was a bigger concern?

Comment

If superior talent is available safety is a pretty big need as we could either move him or move him to SS. If we are talking Eric Berry if Okung and Claussen are both gone that's a no brainer. If you are talking Taylor Mays, hell to the no with the 4th pick. I have Earl Thomas as my #2 safety but definitely not with the 4th pick. If Okung and Claussen are both gone that means either Gerald McCoy or Rolando McClain is available so you have to go with either of those two. 3rd I'd probably have Bruce Campbell or Anthony Davis.

Comment

Originally posted by sdobbers View Post
                          Quick question. How big of a need is a safety for you guys? I'm working on a mock draft right now...and I have Okung and Clausen off the board. Was wondering if you guys were looking for another safety, or if some other position was a bigger concern?
                          my big board is berry, okung, mccoy, mcclain, campbell. so yes berry would be fine with okung gone.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
                            Big armed gun slinger who can scramble out of the pocket.

See
                            John Elway
                            Jake Plummer
                            Jay Cutler
                            And Jason Campbell is???. Your just another Campbell lover I bet.

Clausen and Bradford are a Shanny type of QB, you guys are underrating there arm stregth. they have quick release and have good mobility and I bet come too the NFL you will see there arm stregth alot better.

OT in the first would be a waste ....we might as we'll trade back why get Okung when the other top 5 OL are and could be considered top a top 10 pick?.

Regardless we need a QB and there was a rumor of Shanny being interested n taking a young QB and grooming him. the point is you can build an OL in the later rounds and people tend to forget that we are going too trade some players to get more picks. The Giants whole OL doesnt have any first rounders at all.

Isnt a Shanny type of QB is a joke, Clausen is a 2x's better QB than the last 3 drafts these past years.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                              Where is Jake Locker when you need him. I'm happy with taking Okung or top defensive player available at 4, while trading back in the late 2nd-early 3rd and take Tony Pike.
                              Why? jesus these Okung fans are getting me mad but picking up a defender in the 4th without adressing an OL man or QB or even Rb is just harsh.

And getting Pike is the next Chad Pennington . 75% of QB's are busts in the 2nd round.

Comment

I think it's clearly Jimmy.

A few years ago the chargers filled a need (Cromartie) and took an OT in the second round. Marcus Mcneill. 1 season and a rushing TD record later, he was in the pro bowl. That worked out pretty well I'd say. I wouldn't say that it completely defeats the logic that if you wanna sure up an OL spot you gotta do it in the first round, but I'd say theres a strong argument to be made.

As for Jimmy, he is CLEARLY the best qb in the draft. He had been so obviously ready for the pros this whole season. He was the only bright spot on that team. His release is very quick. He throws the best deep ball in college football. His arm strength I'd say is great. Not Favre, not Russell. But very good. He can move too. He's tough. The thing I'd say hes got over all the other qbs is confidence. Jimmy believes in his arm and believes in his ability so strongly that it gives him the confidence thats needed to be a leader. He has that tenacity you look for. Bradford doesn't match up at all.

As for Accuracy, I think Jimmy's okay. One thing I want to point out is that completion percentage isn't a very good predictor for accuracy translating into the pros. I believe Colt mccoy is the one who currently has the record, but I don't really think it means too much since the previous holder was Dante Culpepper, career 63% passer.

sig by bosanac01

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information