Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Campbell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I like Campbell. I think he's gonna be a fine player. He's partly the reason why you'll probably see the Redskins in my next NFL Truth's thread (in a positive way this time).

    I think the Skins will be back next year.
    + Rep Points.

    Sig By:The Dynasty

    2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

    Comment


    • #17
      I am actually quite scared about facing the Skins next year, a reason is Campbell. Before him QB was my only doubt about the Skins offense, now IMO it's solved. Hopefully Jimmy Johnson will have a nice package for him though :p

      Comment


      • #18
        Looks very poised, and handles pressure great for his lack of experience.
        Keep in mind he has great teachers around him, including Mark Brunell.

        Comment


        • #19
          You know whats funny. From a prospect point of view, I don't see anything that Russell brings to the table that Campbell didn't.

          Yet in what was a weak qb class, Campbell was the 3rd taken off the board.

          So what justifies Russell being worthy of the #1 pick this year? Considering that Quinn is infinitely better than Alex Smith as a prospect? I don't get it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by boisefan View Post
            Looks very poised, and handles pressure great for his lack of experience.
            Keep in mind he has great teachers around him, including Mark Brunell.
            I can see where Brunell and COllins have probably helped in some way



            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              You know whats funny. From a prospect point of view, I don't see anything that Russell brings to the table that Campbell didn't.

              Yet in what was a weak qb class, Campbell was the 3rd taken off the board.

              So what justifies Russell being worthy of the #1 pick this year? Considering that Quinn is infinitely better than Alex Smith as a prospect? I don't get it.
              I feel the same way, Campbell and Russell are very similer. I believe that the Redskins picked a great future QB, and I think that is what people see most in Russell, a solid QB that can learn fast, and help lead a team soon, to make a quick impact that will last.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by boisefan View Post
                I feel the same way, Campbell and Russell are very similer. I believe that the Redskins picked a great future QB, and I think that is what people see most in Russell, a solid QB that can learn fast, and help lead a team soon, to make a quick impact that will last.
                While Im also a fan of Campbell, let's not make the expectations for him next year to be beyond reality. Truth is, what we saw last year was indication that he will become a solid qb in the NFL. He shows the signs. But he's not gonna be a great QB instantly next year. He, like all other developing qbs, needs 2 more years before you really get to know what he's made of.

                I think its gonna be key to develop him the right way this upcoming season and not put too much on his plate. You guys have the oline and RBs to develop him properly, but its up to Saunders to utilize it to its max potential.

                Personally, I think Gibbs should run his scheme again and call the plays. I don't like Saunders scheme in Washington, it doesn't fit. Gibbs used Moss much better, and Cooley much better. Its hard to switch schemes now though, because Campbell just got accustomed to the Saunders scheme, which isn't easy to do.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  While Im also a fan of Campbell, let's not make the expectations for him next year to be beyond reality. Truth is, what we saw last year was indication that he will become a solid qb in the NFL. He shows the signs. But he's not gonna be a great QB instantly next year. He, like all other developing qbs, needs 2 more years before you really get to know what he's made of.

                  I think its gonna be key to develop him the right way this upcoming season and not put too much on his plate. You guys have the oline and RBs to develop him properly, but its up to Saunders to utilize it to its max potential.

                  Personally, I think Gibbs should run his scheme again and call the plays. I don't like Saunders scheme in Washington, it doesn't fit. Gibbs used Moss much better, and Cooley much better. Its hard to switch schemes now though, because Campbell just got accustomed to the Saunders scheme, which isn't easy to do.
                  This is as logical post on the Redskins from a non-fan as I have ever seen. We definitely need to be patient with Campbell for a year or two and be a run oriented team.
                  Sean Taylor - You'll always be missed but never forgotten

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I agree, he did good for the time he started, but he needs some work still.
                    And I agree about Saunders offence not fitting the Redskins, but remember, it was the first year of that system, and teams always improve on the second year of a 700+ play system.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I think if he incorporates more 2 TE sets and screen passes to Moss, it will be ok.

                      The issue I have with Saunders scheme is he likes to spread you out with 3 WRs and run in between the nickel fronts. Its very similar to Coughlin's scheme, and Im not sure if thats the best way to develop a qb.

                      Because when the qb does throw, he's throwing on a nickel front, opposed to 8 in the box the way Gibbs scheme wouldve made it for Campbell.

                      That obviously, makes it tougher for the qb. With that oline and those RBs, they need to pack it up and run down everyone's throat. Take shots when they need to take em.

                      Contrary to what others believe, I honestly think the defense will be back next year. People forget how injured this team was last year. I think with a defensive linemen in this draft, this team can play defense/run heavy offense very well next year.

                      Communication amongst the coaches has to be key though. Last year we saw all the coaches work individually and it left the players confused. There needs to be better communication amongst the coaches.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        I think if he incorporates more 2 TE sets and screen passes to Moss, it will be ok.

                        The issue I have with Saunders scheme is he likes to spread you out with 3 WRs and run in between the nickel fronts. Its very similar to Coughlin's scheme, and Im not sure if thats the best way to develop a qb.

                        Because when the qb does throw, he's throwing on a nickel front, opposed to 8 in the box the way Gibbs scheme wouldve made it for Campbell.

                        That obviously, makes it tougher for the qb. With that oline and those RBs, they need to pack it up and run down everyone's throat. Take shots when they need to take em.

                        Contrary to what others believe, I honestly think the defense will be back next year. People forget how injured this team was last year. I think with a defensive linemen in this draft, this team can play defense/run heavy offense very well next year.

                        Communication amongst the coaches has to be key though. Last year we saw all the coaches work individually and it left the players confused. There needs to be better communication amongst the coaches.
                        I agree, Gibbs loves the run, and always will. Saunders is willing to stick with the run, but he likes the pass more. Redskins need to stick with the run, with Portis and Betts, we will have 2 great backs that wont get tired from getting too much touches. Use Campbell's arm to get out of some situations, but dont throw the team on his shoulders when we have the oline/RB's to get the job done on the ground.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by boisefan View Post
                          I agree, Gibbs loves the run, and always will. Saunders is willing to stick with the run, but he likes the pass more. Redskins need to stick with the run, with Portis and Betts, we will have 2 great backs that wont get tired from getting too much touches. Use Campbell's arm to get out of some situations, but dont throw the team on his shoulders when we have the oline/RB's to get the job done on the ground.
                          Absolutely.

                          And we saw Randle El thrive in a scheme that allows him to use open space from the 8 man front to get open. Moss is so fast, a little hesistation from the CB due to PA pass will get him instant separation and he can be a major deep threat with Campbell's arm.

                          Couple that with screen passes to take advantage of teams who use deep coverage on Moss, and you really present matchup problems.

                          Cooley can be a solid Hback in the 2 TE set.

                          The pieces are in place to do damage. They just have to be used the proper way. Im not sure about Lloyd, that mightve been a mistake. But if a run heavy set with Moss and Randle El as WRs is used, this team can do enough on offense to win games.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Lloyd might have been a mistake, but still adds depth to the WR's we have (when he catches the ball). The offence has all the players, they just need to step up and play AS A TEAM. The defence, of course, is another story.
                            Doug has to step it up this year, and get this D to step up and tackle people.

                            We all saw what Barber did to us in week 17.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Whos gonna play the other TE, Sellers?



                              Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                                Whos gonna play the other TE, Sellers?
                                probably, that is the best choice for them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information