No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins 2010-2011 Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just hope williams and landry are alright.

Comment

According to Rich Campbell's twitter account trent williams passed the preliminary acl test - but he will have an MRI on his toe and knee. Damn you guys we were so good in this game - Doughty really sucked, Horton too. If only Galloway was a step faster or Gano hadn't been blocked or that god damn ice... jesus that pissed me off.

Edit -

http://twitter.com/Russellmania09/status/24978555149

Trent Williams quoted as saying he doesn't think it's major.

Comment

overall im happy with where we are going. sure we should have won but we are getting there. the offense had a few lapses but mcnabb looked damn good out there for the most part. if we could get a damn run game going to help him it would be even more productive.

we easily had 3-4 chances to put away and win that game tonight. portis tripped on his feet on what should have been a TD run to force the field goal that then got blocked. hortons penalty gave houston another chance to convert and continue the drive that tied the game. somehow we decided not to double team the best wr in the NFL on 4th and long. instead we go with a soft zone coverage and leave reed doughty to defend a jump ball in the endzone...

on that note, our free safeties are awful. i know kareem moore is expected back this week but i can convince myself that he is going to be much of an upgrade. at the same time, landry is a freaking machine at SS.

Comment

Im starting to think anyone is better than doughty... i mean come on, 4th down and he got completely owned... he was there and a better athlete would have made a play on the ball - actually, one did Andre Johnson caught that **** over top of him. Just embarrassing.

Wish we had run a bit more especially when we were up by 17.

Looking ahead our line is looking bad without trent williams, at least it's the rams and not the giants or someone with ridiculous pass rush.

Comment

I'd echo most of what DirtyThirty said.
            Tough loss but the team is on the up.

Doughty is never meant to be a free safety-its on the coaches who didnt address this in the off-season.
            Kareem Moore was injured in the year we drafted him and id put money on him missing more time this year.He has talent but did it against small college schools,unlikely to be our future Safety.

Now i EXPECT the skins to go to the rams and get the win and make an improvement in the dire state of our running game.

Comment

So apparently DHall wants to be on those number one receivers, referencing the fourth and ten play.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

he should be. no reason whatsoever that buchanon/reed are covering andre on that play. hall has played much improved so far this year and seems to be fitting into this defense nicely. not the same can be said about some other defenders.

Comment

Yea I had no idea why Buchanon was on Andre so much.

The offense looked great in the first half. The passing game is looking good with just adequate receivers which is all props to McNabb. If we don't establish a run game though, we wont win. TOP is the reason we lost that game, along with horrible backups. The FS position must be addressed immediately. I like Reed and wont hate on him because he honestly shouldn't be out there in the first place it just shows our lack of depth and I don't just mean in the secondary. We need players at almost every position. No reason this team can't win 8 games though.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                  12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

Just wanted to say awesome game! I never seen so many game changing plays. I hope Landry and Williams aren't seriously hurt. This game, I won't forget it for a long time.

Best of luck and SCREW THE COWGIRLS!!

Comment

• I had a horrible feeling Buchnanon would be on Dre a lot this weekend, all week he was talking the ears off the coaching staff about how he covered AJ every day of practice at the U and knows his route running nuances, lol. Buchanon has actually been a surprise to me but he should only be covering the opposing team's slot receiver. Carlos was pretty terrible yesterday though. Figures the game he actually gets an INT he decides to take the day off in coverage. Physicality has never been his problem it's always been double moves, but yesterday Walter was boxing him out all day. Poor performance on his part. Also Lorenzo Alexander gives maximum effort but he just isn't fast enough to be playing 34 OLB. Offensively the Armstrong and Roydell plays were fluke plays, can't expect much from them on a weekly basis. Would love to see more 2 WR sets as I think Fred Davis is the 3rd best receiving option on this team. On the line I really love the acquisition of Jamaal Brown. For the most part he kept Antonio Smith and at times Mario Williams quiet. Heyer of course steps in and takes away our huge 3rd down conversion lol. Heyer at LT would be like having Alex Barron there.

Originally posted by datchapin View Post
                      Just wanted to say awesome game! I never seen so many game changing plays. I hope Landry and Williams aren't seriously hurt. This game, I won't forget it for a long time.

Best of luck and SCREW THE COWGIRLS!!
                      Ya'll better beat up on the Cowboys this week.

Random Fact-LaRon Landry leads the NFL in tackles. Rocky McIntosh is 3rd, Deangelo Hall is amazingly 7th, and London Fletcher is down at 21. Usually a bunch of tackles by your safety is a bad thing but most of Landry's tackles have been at the LOS. He has been playing possessed.
                      Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP; 09-20-2010, 06:06 PM.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                      Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                      http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

• Larry Johnson cut...lol

He deserved to be cut after that horrible backwards run. I didn't like that signing from the start.

Thank god Trent's injury isn't serious and he may be back week 4. God help us all if Heyer has to play LT for any length of time. Hopefully they slide Brown over to LT while Trent is out.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
                          Larry Johnson cut...lol

He deserved to be cut after that horrible backwards run. I didn't like that signing from the start.

Thank god Trent's injury isn't serious and he may be back week 4. God help us all if Heyer has to play LT for any length of time. Hopefully they slide Brown over to LT while Trent is out.
                          Yeah that's what I was thinking have Brown slide to the left. Maybe even put Hicks at RT. Oh and I am so estatic about LJ being cut. He was horrendous. That means Keiland is our #2 although I'm not high on him at all and he's not that much of an upgrade over LJ. Apparently we signed Chad Simpson which I love. A little hometown flavor. He is a special teams ace who is very quick and shifty. Could be our 3rd down back. Sucks that CP blows as a receiver since he's so good in pass protection. Still though if CP goes down wow we are in trouble. Torain is on the practice squad and could be called up.

Comment

• Question: how have you guys liked McNabb so far?

How much of an improvement do you consider McNabb over Campbell?

Comment

• I think everyone loves him and he is a million times better.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
                              12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Comment

• Originally posted by Morton View Post
                                Question: how have you guys liked McNabb so far?

How much of an improvement do you consider McNabb over Campbell?
                                You can't really compare a starting QB to a guy who should be a backup. I'm not gonna sit here and act like Mcnabb is still a top 5 QB, but he's still in the upper half. Just the fact that he doens't get sacked and when he does he doesn't fumble automatically gives us a chance to win a half dozen games we lost last year because of that. You have no idea how long it's been since we've had a QB who actually can make reads and not just throw it to whoever he decides to before the play.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information