Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washington Redskins Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Ghettosermon what is your problem with Ladell Betts, you act like he is a scrub and look at what hes done in his last 3 starts. Hes gone over 100 yards and 150 in the last 2. In my opinion I've always thought he was a better fit for our run scheme and these past 3 games have proved it. Dont get me wrong Portis is a better rb overall but I think if portis was a fa this year that we would be just as good going into next year with Betts rather than Portis. The counter trey needs a rb thats waits for his block and once he sees the whole hits it. Betts has great hole reading and although he doesnt have the home run threat that portis does he seems to get to the hole a lot faster. I know this wont happen but I think it would be good to try and put Portis out in the trading block and see if a team desperate for a rb like oakland or cleveland might be willing to take him in return for some d-line or a couple proven corners. I really think we would be just as good with Betts.


    Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
    12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

    Steddy Ambition!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Ghettosermon
      Originally posted by Geo
      Not to completely discount a 5-year, 11-mil extension, 5.5 of which is guaranteed, but I'm puzzled as to why Betts didn't test the FA market at all.

      It's not like Washington would have signed anyone else in the meantime, as no one else has the first-hand experience and value with the team that Betts has. Heck, Gibbs went public with his desire to re-sign Betts not too long ago.

      Especially when the cap is going to rise by a healthy amount this off-season, which is beneficial to all his suitors - Washington included.

      Maybe he was worried about suffering an injury with 4 games left, especially as he's carrying the ball on a Gibbs-type load, or maybe the guy just doesn't want to be a starter, I don't know.
      Betts is smart to do it, he knows no one would show interest and the skins would see that and sign him for less. I hate Ladell Betts!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: My problem with this contract is not the money because it's not that much rather the length. As long as Betts is in DC the coaching staff will favor him even over a healthy Portis.
      I actually wasn't to happy about the Betts signing at first but he's flat out dominated in his starts. It's about time we kept our in house talent in place and not let them go a la pierce, smoot, clark

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by 703SKINS202
        Ghettosermon what is your problem with Ladell Betts, you act like he is a scrub and look at what hes done in his last 3 starts. Hes gone over 100 yards and 150 in the last 2. In my opinion I've always thought he was a better fit for our run scheme and these past 3 games have proved it. Dont get me wrong Portis is a better rb overall but I think if portis was a fa this year that we would be just as good going into next year with Betts rather than Portis. The counter trey needs a rb thats waits for his block and once he sees the whole hits it. Betts has great hole reading and although he doesnt have the home run threat that portis does he seems to get to the hole a lot faster. I know this wont happen but I think it would be good to try and put Portis out in the trading block and see if a team desperate for a rb like oakland or cleveland might be willing to take him in return for some d-line or a couple proven corners. I really think we would be just as good with Betts.
        Betts impressed me but it was just depressing watching our oline yesterday and wondering why they haven't done it all year. They made holes big enough for Joe Gibbs to run through. Ladell was going 8 yards untouched every play, I give him some credit for finding the holes but they really were the size of jupiter.

        Sig By:The Dynasty

        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Ghettosermon
          :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

          No if we sign Ladell I will be a cowboys fan from then on.
          Might as well order the T.O. jersey

          Comment


          • #80
            Hey guys, tell me what you think of my 3 round mock for you guys.

            1. Laron Landry S
            2. Buster Davis ILB
            3. Victor Abriamiri DE

            What do you think? I think Landry would compliment Taylor nicely, giving you guys stability in the secondary, I think Davis has the instincts and intangibles of a DeMeco Ryans and is good at blitzing which is always a plus for you guys, that will allow Marshall to back up McIntosh in the WILL, he also brings leadership that your defense is missing outside of Washington. I think Abriamiri can man the LE position and bring stability to the strongside run defense, and allow Carter to play more speed rush responsibilities on the weakside.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
              Hey guys, tell me what you think of my 3 round mock for you guys.

              1. Laron Landry S
              2. Buster Davis ILB
              3. Victor Abriamiri DE

              What do you think? I think Landry would compliment Taylor nicely, giving you guys stability in the secondary, I think Davis has the instincts and intangibles of a DeMeco Ryans and is good at blitzing which is always a plus for you guys, that will allow Marshall to back up McIntosh in the WILL, he also brings leadership that your defense is missing outside of Washington. I think Abriamiri can man the LE position and bring stability to the strongside run defense, and allow Carter to play more speed rush responsibilities on the weakside.
              Hah what a dream love it, only problem is we have no 2nd or 3rd rounder, not even a 4th for that matter. But I do like the idea of Landry because it's obvious now that Archuleta is no longer the starter after Vernon Fox has started over him the past few weeks. My guess is Arch will make to move to OLB.

              Sig By:The Dynasty

              2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

              Comment


              • #82
                The Dolphins picked up Robery McCune off of your guys practice squad. I know he isn't a great player, but is f'in swole.

                That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

                Comment


                • #83
                  Yeah he's one of my favorite skins although most of that is because he's a freak, but yeah he can be a nice special teams players a little old though for a 2nd year player only.

                  Sig By:The Dynasty

                  2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Ghettosermon
                    Yeah he's one of my favorite skins although most of that is because he's a freak, but yeah he can be a nice special teams players a little old though for a 2nd year player only.
                    Yea all I want is some nice special teams hits from him. He is so huge.

                    That is correct comahan
                    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                    <3 dg

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Do any of you guys know the contract situation of Ladell Betts?
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Number 10
                        Do any of you guys know the contract situation of Ladell Betts?
                        Last week signed a 5 year extension worth 11 million.

                        Sig By:The Dynasty

                        2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                        Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                        http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Ghettosermon
                          Originally posted by Number 10
                          Do any of you guys know the contract situation of Ladell Betts?
                          Last week signed a 5 year extension worth 11 million.
                          Wonderful.
                          Originally posted by Paul
                          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Number 10
                            Originally posted by Ghettosermon
                            Originally posted by Number 10
                            Do any of you guys know the contract situation of Ladell Betts?
                            Last week signed a 5 year extension worth 11 million.
                            Wonderful.
                            Yeah, it's great.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Here's to a good game this Sunday, guys. No injuries... but more importantly a Saints' win! :)
                              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                              “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Yeah good luck, I like all the Saints except Reggie Bush, I hope we end his career for the sake of the league.

                                Sig By:The Dynasty

                                2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information