Clear All

• Scott Wright
    started a topic Washington Redskins Discussion

Washington Redskins Discussion

Discuss the Redskins here.

• SeanTaylorRIP
    replied
    Originally posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
    Yesterday I was watching the local news and Bugel was working out with Albert up at UVA for their pro day. This guy is a freak. He's listed at around 310, but he has no linemen gut. He's straight up muscle.

I can already see him pulling for Portis and blowing apart Lbers.
    I can see him going much higher than our pick to be honest, but yeah I love Albert.

Leave a comment:

• skinzzfan25
    replied
    Yesterday I was watching the local news and Bugel was working out with Albert up at UVA for their pro day. This guy is a freak. He's listed at around 310, but he has no linemen gut. He's straight up muscle.

I can already see him pulling for Portis and blowing apart Lbers.

Leave a comment:

• skinzzfan25
    replied
    Originally posted by HChu View Post
    I would love to have Boldin, but I would've much rather drafted Boldin when we had the chance to in the '03 Draft. But of course back then we were Advanced Florida University, and picked Taylor Jacobs. Excuse me while I go sob in a corner.
    Oh god, please don't bring that up.

I've been trying to block out those 2-3 years.

Leave a comment:

• 703SKINS202
    replied
    if we got boldin that would be f ing awesome hes one of my favorite wr's in the league and would fit perfect

Leave a comment:

• HChu
    replied
    I would love to have Boldin, but I would've much rather drafted Boldin when we had the chance to in the '03 Draft. But of course back then we were Advanced Florida University, and picked Taylor Jacobs. Excuse me while I go sob in a corner.

Leave a comment:

• toddmlazarchick
    replied
    Boldin is the perfect WCO WR!

Leave a comment:

• DiG
    replied
    id give almost anything for boldin. seriously.

Leave a comment:

• skinzzfan25
    replied
    Dirty, I agree with you that we need a bonafide No.1 receiver. Santana is not that guy, at least anymore.

I really hope we can make a move for Boldin, who reportedly wants out of Zona per JLC (and some other sources). He's a big, VERY physical target, who knows the west coast system. Him, Santana and ARE would be a great squad.

Leave a comment:

• DiG
    replied
    i wouldnt argue with signing hacket, especially since he may come cheaper this late in FA. id prefer a trade for a guy like roy williams or chad johnson but like you said hackett opens a lot of doors for us. its rumored that he has a few other visits set up this week so i dont anticipate he signs anywhere till friday or so.

Leave a comment:

• toonsterwu
    replied
    Good to see the Redskins bringing in Hackett. He hasn't had the market that I expected, probably due to his injuries. That said, he's a perfect fit for what the Redskins want. A big number 2 WR that knows the offense and allows Randle El to work out of the slot more. This could allow the Redskins to be more aggressive in the draft if they wanted, or to add depth. I mean, this could allow them pursue a Phillip Merling, who likely won't be there when the Redskins pick. Merling has the edge quickness to be effective on the outside and enough bulk to slide inside and pass rush. Or this could let them target a CB and move up. Adding Hackett would open so many doors for them in regards to adding quality talent towards next season.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think we should stay away from DeAngelo Hall and Chad Johnson. Both can be distractions, one has reportedly gotten in a fight with a position coach verbally and punched his head coach. The other was to childish to suck up sucking last season and had to yell at his coach during a game.

Neither of those types of players were used to build this Joe Gibbs team. I don't think we should start adding them now.

We should really take advantage of the draft this year.

:D

It would be cool though I will admit.

Leave a comment:

• 703SKINS202
    replied
    id prolly do it

Leave a comment:

• d34ng3l021
    replied
    What do you guys think of bringing DeAngelo Hall in? I think giving up your 1st round pick would be a steal for him.

Leave a comment:

• DiG
    replied
    i doubt bryant johnson would come cheap first off. and hacketts a decent option but neither are anywhere even close to ochos level. more than likely wed have to get into a bidding war with the bills for bryant and he is not worth that. and who cares if ocho wants more money. i only have a problem paying a lot of money to players who dont deserve it. ocho is one of the best receivers in all of football and probably still has another 3-4 years left at that elite status level. i mean look what TO is doing at 34. over the past 6 years, ocho he has averaged 1340 yards receiving per season, 89 receptions per year, and 8 tds per year. my guess would be that in fact he would be cheaper to get than what he is actually worth. the actual trade probably wouldnt be all that bad but yes wed probably have to give him a new contract.
    Last edited by DiG; 03-06-2008, 01:11 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information