LaRon Landry Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
    So I am pretty pissed that you guys took Laron Landry from within our grasps. I mean, I am learning to cope with the Jamaal Anderson pick as it is...but you guys? I mean wtf...You guys dont even need a ****in safety.

Way to vault yourself to my most despised team outside the NFC South.
    We didn't need a safety???? Vernon Fox is a good starting safety???? I bet you don't even know who he is.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
      We didn't need a safety???? Vernon Fox is a good starting safety???? I bet you don't even know who he is.
      But DL was so much of a bigger need.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

But DL was so much of a bigger need.
        We now have the secondary and linebackers to run some of GWs exotic blitz packages. Look back at 04 and 05, almost none of the sacks came from the defensive line positions. Pressure caused by McIntosh and Washington from the edge will cause more bad passes and chances for our DBs to make a play.

Last year (except post-brunell) the offense was terrible. We almost never played with a lead. GW is a lot more open and crazier with his blitzes when we have a lead and a margin for error.

Plus, Salave'a is back along with Springs. No way in hell should Carlos Rogers be your #1 corner with Ade Jimoh #2. That just spells failure. With a solidified SS (PP, heck even Stoutmire and eventually Landry), Taylor can freeroam and get back to headhuntin. Don't get me wrong, DL is a need. We are probably going to get somebody after June 1st cuts, but no big splash. But there is no way we pass on the best defensive player in the draft, to pick some guy who had one hot year. Landry was a 4 year starter at LSU, I watched a lot of gamefilm and rarely saw him get beat deep.

Landry>Andersen.

Comment

You had no idea how depressed I was draft day. I hope Jamaal Anderson wins DROTY and Laron busts. Just to prove you wrong.

But I guess it does make sense. Just a bit of sense.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

With 1 pick 1 player, will not make a difference so we took the best available defender.

Comment

You had no idea how depressed I was draft day. I hope Jamaal Anderson wins DROTY and Laron busts. Just to prove you wrong.

But I guess it does make sense. Just a bit of sense.
              4 year college starter vs 1 year wonder.

The odds aren't in your favor to say the least.

BTW, I don't think Anderson will bust. He has all the potential in the world, he's just a little too raw for me at this point.

Comment

whenever i hear his name i just keep seeing him SMOKE that bama QB .. over and over and over again... wow i want him ... lucky skin fans

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

This is just the beginning...

Comment

of... ?

wawawoowowowa (10 chars)

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by critesy View Post
                      im hoping it'll be something like off the movie mighty ducks 3? maybe where there is the bash brothers and they just knock the ... out of people and then they get all pumped and started going crazy together.

ahhhh yes :)
                      do you think Al Saunders has the flying V in his play book?

Comment

Dam, I read somewhere that LL is playin with the first team in the upcoming game against the Titans. I think it was an article on redskins.com but I could be wrong. Anyway, they talked about him getting many looks at a versatile NFL QB in Young, and NFL quality receivers.

Go across the middle, I dare you...

Comment

Hows Laron doing

Comment

Solid, nobody has really tested the middle with his coverage skills.

We'll find out this weekend against the Lions, they have to pass.

Comment

lol. I dont know whether its his coverage skills or the fact that he and Sean Taylor are there.

What is your pass defense ranked?

Comment

Best move we ever made was drafting Landry instead of Okoye, funny though how everyone was so against the Landry trade other than Skins fans. Our D-line is fine with 2 young potential starters after Griffin in Monty and Golston, Landry however is a difference maker.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information