Create your own MLB team!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create your own MLB team!

This is a different kind of fantasy draft, I guess it's just a few kinds of mocks combined, but basically, you will be creating your own, MLB dynasty.

Monday 1:00 PM .

Ok, I know most of you already read most of the rules etc. but I just made a few changes and I want everyone to see everything, so just skim through all of these rules again and familiarize yourself with them, thanks.

What this draft is: It's an MLB Dynasty draft, where you, the team owner, are creating an expansion team, assuming that every player, coach, etc. is a Free Agent and available.

How you will be drafting: You will be doing everything from picking a coach, to choosing a minor league staff. The categories of your team that must be filled after the draft are:
    - a coaching staff that will include a manager, a pitching coach, and a hitting coach, these three will be selected within the last 3 rounds of the draft, in any order you wish

- a 20 player roster made up of 9 fielders/hitters, 5 starting pitchers, 2 relief pitchers, 1 closer, and 3 fielding/hitting bench players

- an 8 player minor league/prospect squad made of 5 hitters/fielders and 3 pitchers
    - This will determine if the player is eligible for the minor leagues. "Basically, a player is only eligible is he has had no more than 130 AB or 50 IP in the majors prior to this season. Anyone that is currently in the minors is eligible (rehab stints do NOT count. Ex: Jon Lester)." - Patriots-Lions

Others: After the first 28 rounds of selecting the players (major and minor league players can be selected at any time during the first 28 rounds) and then 3 rounds following that for the coaches, there will be 1 final round devoted to selecting a stadium. Choose wisely, because the stadium you choose DOES affect how your team will be judged/rated. In addition, you will be expected to choose a team city and create a team name, you will also be expected to update that Team Thread "religiously."

When: The draft will start Monday, June 25th, 1:00 PM.

IMPORTANT**
    - Basically, you are doing your best to create the best MLB dynasty, you wanna win every single year. Take into account everything that MLB owners do, you're not just simply creating the best team on paper or a stat driven team, remember that. Team Chemistry is important, factor that in when drafting. So noone go and draft Piazza and Clemens on the same team.

TIME RESTRAINTS!! I'm not sure how we will work this, we might have to think of some collective rule that works for all of us, and this really shouldn't be a problem anyways, a lot of dedicated guys signing up already, but should the situation arise:
    1) I like the idea of a long clock, people will be all over the place in the summer and we have over 2 months of free time, so we can be really lenient on the clock. I'll put an arbitrary number down right now of 1 hours, but this is subject to change at any time. After the 1 hours (or w/e the alloted time we change it to) is up, you will simply be skipped, and able to make up your pick with any player who is NOW remaining, NOT with who WOULD have been remaining.
    2) If you miss 5 picks in a row (again, an arbitrary number that can be changed after discussion) then you are kicked out of the draft due to a consistent "undedication" to the draft, and due to a disrespect of all of us. The person will be replaced. If you leave a list, that does not count as a missed pick.
    3) Leaving a list is ALWAYS a great idea, you never know when you are going to have an unexpected obligation that pops up, so leave a short enough list that it doesn't give away strategies, but a long enough one that not every player on the list will have been taken. Try to plan that out.
    4) Having a co-manager is STRONGLY encouraged to EVERYONE.
    5) I will be gone from July 10th to July 24th. Lets try to get this done before then, that shouldn't be a problem at all though.
    6) The clock will only run on weekdays, meaning you can still draft on weekends, but there will be no clock.

American vs. National League After everyone has chosen a team city (because i don't want to have two teams from NY in the same league etc.) I will randomly split the 16 teams up into 2, 8 team divisions. The American League will select a DH and that will count as one of their 9 hitters/fielders. The National League teams will be able to select an additional bench player, because their pitcher will become their 9th fielder/hitter.

Judging: 4 AL teams will face 4 AL teams and same for the NL in head to head match-ups. The 3 hand-picked judges will judge the match-ups with the winners moving on in a one game elimination. It will then go to two, head to head match-ups in each league, eventually settling down to a head to head match-up between the NL champ and AL champ.

Judges
    1) Patriots-Lions
    2) Xiomera
    3)
    Last edited by nvot9; 06-25-2007, 08:54 PM.
    Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

I would be willing to Co with somebody who could do all the graphics

Comment

sounds pretty cool, but im not good at all with graphics like a team logo.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I'm up for this but would need to have an assistant with the logo

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Alright, that seems to be a problem, graphics aren't necessary then...

Comment

I'm in. Sounds fun.

Comment

Originally posted by nvot9 View Post
              Alright, that seems to be a problem, graphics aren't necessary then...
              Is there a site that makes it easy for logos?

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

No not really, eh, it was kinda a dumb idea, didn't think of it at the time, just forget the whole graphics idea, it's OPTIONAL, sound good?

Comment

I'm in......

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Definitely in this but I may need an assistant because I will be gone on Saturday. I can send in a list too.

Comment

Nice, some good people joinin already, looks to be an active mock..

I'm lookin to get more than 8 people for this, maybe between 12 and 16, make it a bit more realistic. Otherwise, with 8 people, it's pretty much the same thing every draft and everyone's team is ridiculously stacked...

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                        Definitely in this but I may need an assistant because I will be gone on Saturday. I can send in a list too.
                        If it's just Saturday that you're gone, we can start sunday or something, that's not a big deal at all.

Comment

ill do this

Comment

I assume saturday isn't the official time... we'll get an official one in after everyone is signed up and came up with a good time, correct?

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Correct. Saturday is the planned time, the earliest possible time.

Its all about The U...I'm not sure, you don't seem to be very active, to be honest, this is the first time I've ever even seen you post. I'm looking for strong activity in this and you might hold us back...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information