Bidding for picks version 2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bidding for picks version 2.0

This time will be a little different, the biggest difference being we will do this in the NBA. Pick any team in the NBA and then bid for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. pick in the 2008 draft. Each team gets $1,000 to break up and bid for whatever pick it wants. You can have a maximum of 3 players drafted to help your team out. If you choose Seattle, you probably don't want to draft 2 SF's. The draft will go until every team has 3 players or only 1 team has money left. If you're the last team with money then you get 1 more player.

All bids will be held in this thread, if no one bids within an hour of your last bid you win. However this hour rule will only be put into effect between 6 and 11 Eastern time. Bids can be made at anytime though. Draft will start tonight with however many people we have. I have the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Signed up

RoyHall - Cleveland Cavaliers
    Neko- Washington Wizards
    D2Williams- Orlando Magic
    Scottyboy- NJ Nets

Pick 1- Magic- OJ Mayo
    Pick 2- Nets - Roy Hibbert
    Last edited by RoyHall#1; 08-07-2007, 07:41 PM.

I'll give this a shot
    Washington Wizards

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I'll take Orlando.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
      164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
      50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
      Record: 7-3

Comment

Let's get at least 3 more, as soon as we do we can start the bidding, sign up NOW.

Comment

OK, 1 more and we can start since interest is low.

Comment

ok, i dont really understand this too well, but ima quick learner. since Roy Heezy wants me in, I'll be the Nets. just need a more in depth explination lol. and a warning now, i work from 730-4ish with little to no computer access...

but so yea, im in
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Basically you bid for picks of the 2008 draft using your allotted 1 grand. Try to help out your Nets by filling their needs with your picks. Maximum of 3 players can be drafted to each team.

I will start the bidding for the 1st pick at 350 bucks. If no one bids over this in the next hour, the 1st pick is mine.

Comment

ohh, ok i got it. hmm im not too strong on the 08 draft... this could be interesting :)
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

i just got the PM now... hmm ill watch this and see how it pans out... then ill probably come into the next one you do

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Any Rutgers seniors? haha

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                      Any Rutgers seniors? haha
                      can i take women? lol thats the only good Rutgers basketball.
                      We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                        i just got the PM now... hmm ill watch this and see how it pans out... then ill probably come into the next one you do
                        You can get in on this if you want to still, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          can i take women? lol thats the only good Rutgers basketball.
                          Then you'd be the first team in the NBA with 2 women, Mikki Moore would like some company.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                            Then you'd be the first team in the NBA with 2 women, Mikki Moore would like some company.
                            ouch, jealous clevland fan. I'm mad he signed with the Kings. i guess Bibby is more appealing than kidd... go figure
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Wow, I need to follow the NBA better. I had no idea Moore signed with the Kings.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information