Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the same thing...it's a trade back involving the same players. That's the whole problem. I cant see how we could let that fly. It's just cheap. There is a difference if you're trading these guys around the league, instead of the same two teams over and over. Might as well combine your teams...you're sharing players anyway.

I cant believe you guys are even trying it, to be honest...I wouldnt expect it here. It's just a cheap move. No offense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
      can someone text djp
      I just did

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        It's the same thing...it's a trade back involving the same players. That's the whole problem. I cant see how we could let that fly. It's just cheap. There is a difference if you're trading these guys around the league, instead of the same two teams over and over. Might as well combine your teams...you're sharing players anyway.

I cant believe you guys are even trying it, to be honest...I wouldnt expect it here. It's just a cheap move. No offense.
        How are we sharing players? Only one of us owns each guy ...

Also, how does this in any way effect anyone other than the two of us? It doesn't put anyone at a competitive disadvantage. So don't act like it's some egregious trade where one of us swapped an All-Pro for Mr. Irrelevant. We've had some incredibly lopsided trades in league history and no one said boo to those.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
          I dont see the big deal, the deal was made and picks were made, let it go. We decide on if they're kept for however long, make a rule for future reference, and move on.
          Hahaha. What kind of education are you getting at Rutgers?

For the millionth time... the trade IS going through.

THE VOTE IS ABOUT HOW LONG THEY GET TO KEEP THE PLAYERS!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Hahaha. What kind of education are you getting at Rutgers?

For the millionth time... the trade IS going through.

THE VOTE IS ABOUT HOW LONG THEY GET TO KEEP THE PLAYERS!
            Nerv and I will settle for one year of keeper eligibility.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
              Put it to league vote and I'd rest my case.
              On the AD/MJD trade:

Yes, let them keep the trade and let them renew AD and MJD's keeper clock for 3 more years. From here on out this will not be allowed.
              Xiomera
              Peefs

Yes, let them keep the trade, but AD and MJD cannot be kept (they can be traded though). From here on out this will not be allowed.:
              D-Unit
              Scotty D
              djp
              Hines
              APS
              MOTH
              PF
              Last edited by D-Unit; 07-15-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• i side with the majority

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

• My question hasn't been answered: Are you all gonna flip your lid if we traded AD for MJD at the deadline?

In other words, does the new rule preclude you from EVER re-acquiring a player you were ineligible to keep the previous draft?
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• There should be a rule in place, which prevents you from re-acquiring a player by this type of method. Every year or every keeper year. Pretty much seems like an unwritten rule to begin with, but I guess we need it written somewhere. lol. It just doesnt seem fair that two teams can keep swapping the same players, to prevent them from ever becoming available to others, be it by trade or draft. Hence, sharing players.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      There should be a rule in place, which prevents you from re-acquiring a player by this type of method. Every year or every keeper year. Pretty much seems like an unwritten rule to begin with, but I guess we need it written somewhere. lol. It just doesnt seem fair that two teams can keep swapping the same players, to prevent them from ever becoming available to others, be it by trade or draft.
                      It's not that they are never available for you guys to trade for. No one has ever made an offer. But ALL OF US make trades to avoid losing the full value of a top keeper by letting him go into the draft. If you want to see the best players in the draft next year, call for a full re-draft and eliminate keepers.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Just make a rule that says a player has to enter the draft pool every three years? Regardless of owner? That isn't fair is it? ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          My question hasn't been answered: Are you all gonna flip your lid if we traded AD for MJD at the deadline?

In other words, does the new rule preclude you from EVER re-acquiring a player you were ineligible to keep the previous draft?
                          The new rule being implemented might be something like this:

You cannot swap back players you made in a previous trade to reset their keeper status. You cannot expand the trade to include other players either to make the trade any different. Basically, you cannot make a trade that will include the switching back of players to their original teams. You can continue to make trades with that player for other players, but you cannot receive back the player(s) you sent to get him in the first place.

If anyone wants to reword that to make it clearer. Go for it. I'll hear you out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                            Just make a rule that says a player has to enter the draft pool every three years? Regardless of owner? That isn't fair is it? ****.
                            Might as well make a full re-draft then. This is the first year where there were some guys that couldn't be kept by the original owner. This would have been the time for a total re-draft. I have had two fantasy baseball leagues where there were total re-drafts after the third season for this reason.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Grandfather the rule in. You can't change the past, as everyone screams from the rooftops whenever it's suggested in real sports.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• The point I'm making is, that you guys already traded these players for eachother one time before. If we allowed everyone to do this, we could all keep our own guys forever. What the hell is the fun in that? The whole point of having a limit on the keeper years is to eliminate such a thing from happening. Trading away a player in his final keeper year, isnt much different than trading away a player in the last year of his contract in baseball...so I dont see a problem in the top guys being moved like they have been. It's to be expected. But these trade backs are just ridiculous and pretty damn sketchy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information