This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Our format is based similarly to the NFL format. Teams with the best records from the previous year get put in the same division and it matriculates all the way down to the teams with the worst records being in the same division.

Makes it tougher for the better teams to repeat, and easier for weak teams to bounce back.
    They don't really "bounce back." They just get inflated records with inferior talent and then get worse draft positioning the next year as a result.

With that said, I don't disagree with the way we do it.
    R.I.P. L.E.F.
    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
      They don't really "bounce back." They just get inflated records with inferior talent and then get worse draft positioning the next year as a result.

With that said, I don't disagree with the way we do it.
      How do you get inflated records when you play your division 8/12 games?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        How do you get inflated records when you play your division 8/12 games?
        Because some team is gonna separate itself from the pack of bad teams (from the previous year) and end up with a deceiving win total.

There are a couple teams outside the projected playoff bracket with much better talent on their roster than some of the teams in the playoffs.

I don't want it to sound like I'm complaining. I like the setup.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• I do not approve of Vick threatening my team's high score for the week. Scotty D can't get any closer to my muy caliente 189.

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
            I do not approve of Vick threatening my team's high score for the week. Scotty D can't get any closer to my muy caliente 189.
            I'm coming for you WMD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
              I'm coming for you WMD.
              Stop posting in my thread.

Comment

• My team is projected to score 170+ this week by ESPN.. which means they're all gonna **** the bed. Should be a fun let down though.

Comment

• Anyone interested in Brandon Tate? He's a real keeper. Looking for a RB of similar worth (not points wise... I'm willing to give up the advantage points wise).
                  Last edited by D-Unit; 11-16-2010, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Anyone interested in Brandon Tate? He's a real keeper. Looking for a RB of similar worth (not points wise... I'm willing to give up the advantage points wise).
                    I had brandon tate in another league thats a ppr + kr/pr yards and you get .1 point every 1 yard your guy gets, anyway I managed to package him and Matt Forte for Adrian Peterson, the reason i say all this is because 7 of your players at some point & I'm trying to get rid of the same players on your team, + on my team. We both have really good WR, with KR/PR upside sitting on our bench

Comment

• KCJ, trade me Matt Stafford and Ray Rice please. You can have a combination of anyone on my team except Hakeem Nicks, cause he's my other keeper. Go now.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Would like to make a 2 for 1 deal. Santana Moss, BMW, Eddie Royal, Stefan Logan, and Jason Snelling are on the table. Pick 2 and PM me an offer.

Comment

• Since I have just acquired Stafford, I'm willing to trade Matt Ryan and Vernon Davis in a combination package for a sexy keeper closer to the end of the trade deadline.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• D, Wingy told me he got removed as an owner. Who did you give his team to? And why didn't that person at least update Wingy's lineup. Doesn't seem like an upgrade if the new guy kept injured Kerry Collins at QB instead of Rodgers.
                            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                              D, Wingy told me he got removed as an owner. Who did you give his team to? And why didn't that person at least update Wingy's lineup. Doesn't seem like an upgrade if the new guy kept injured Kerry Collins at QB instead of Rodgers.
                              He's been inactive for a while. Aaron Rodgers on the bench and all his inactive players on the active roster for weeks did him in. I won't look for a replacement until next season. With a record of 1-8-1, I don't think it matters at this point.

Comment

He's been inactive for a while. Aaron Rodgers on the bench and all his inactive players on the active roster for weeks did him in. I won't look for a replacement until next season. With a record of 1-8-1, I don't think it matters at this point.
                                Rodgers was on his bench because his bye was last week and you had removed him when he went to set his lineup this week. I just took a look at his matchups from the past 5 weeks. Not a single player in his starting lineup was hurt or on a bye. Comparatively, WMD has a player on a bye week in his lineup vs. Wingy today. By that logic, WMD should be removed too. It's only been a week since he made a roster move.

Also, you cannot leave a team vacant. It ruins the integrity of the league to have a blank team. It becomes an automatic win on the schedule for all of the teams he faces, especially if you don't even fix Wingy's lineup for him. You allowed Rodgers to sit on the bench with injured Collins in the lineup.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information