This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOVE THE TRADES!!!

You guys are getting nuts. Xio..............you are amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
      I can't believe Prock chose Jay Cutler over Mike Vick for Phillip Rivers. Just ridiculous.
      Vick is injury prone (not that Cutler isn't, per se), but it's not outlandish.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by WMD View Post
        Well if Vick is so amazing, why do you want to trade him so bad? Hold on to him. Hold him close to your heart. Do not set him free.
        Because he's not really the type of QB I'd want to have, but others certainly enjoy him. He was drafted very highly all preseason.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
          Vick is injury prone (not that Cutler isn't, per se), but it's not outlandish.
          Yeah, when you trade for Vick, you know that he's an automatic to miss at least 4 games. lol.

Comment

Because he's not really the type of QB I'd want to have, but others certainly enjoy him. He was drafted very highly all preseason.
            I think maybe your asking price is too high. You've been posting him on the block for a while now.

Comment

• Brody took WMD to school on that Stafford for Brady deal. Way to take advantage of homerism at it's finest!

Comment

• Meh, Brady for Stafford is basically a wash. Brady has an edge this season, but Stafford is really no worse over the next 3 years in all likelihood.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Meh, Brady for Stafford is basically a wash. Brady has an edge this season, but Stafford is really no worse over the next 3 years in all likelihood.

How much of this did you drink this morning?

Comment

• Anybody want Pierre Garcon?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

How much of this did you drink this morning?
                      They're ranked 4th and 5th among QBs this year. 25 point difference isn't enough to make this deal even matter in the long run.

Besides, Brady is supposedly having this great season and he's still only 25 points up on Stafford who is arguably a better player for the next 3 seasons?

Total wash.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

I can't believe Prock chose Jay Cutler over Mike Vick for Phillip Rivers. Just ridiculous.
                        That wasn't why I chose it. And you're meaner.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

They're ranked 4th and 5th among QBs this year. 25 point difference isn't enough to make this deal even matter in the long run.

Besides, Brady is supposedly having this great season and he's still only 25 points up on Stafford who is arguably a better player for the next 3 seasons?

Total wash.
                          Must remind myself to stop.

*Do not feed the Lions homer*

Comment

• Originally posted by prock View Post
                            That wasn't why I chose it. And you're meaner.
                            APS, the trick is to be mean and funny. Mean alone is doom. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Must remind myself to stop.

*Do not feed the Lions homer*
                              I don't see how homerism plays a role in this. The trade was made between 2 LIONS FANS. You think they'd understand the nature of the trade.

Given that WMD was the one in a position to have to trade Brady, he'd be the one to concede a small amount of value to get Stafford, who could have continued to be kept.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

I don't see how homerism plays a role in this. The trade was made between 2 LIONS FANS. You think they'd understand the nature of the trade.

Given that WMD was the one in a position to have to trade Brady, he'd be the one to concede a small amount of value to get Stafford, who could have continued to be kept.
                                The homerism I see is in your eyes and WMDs. I'm speculating that Brodeur (the owner of Stafford) more easily saw the light. Stafford had an amazing start to the season and that's why his numbers are close to Brady. Stafford is no where near the QB that Brady is. His numbers have not been Brady-like since Best went down, except when he played the Broncos and Panthers. The Lions are fool's gold. Beneficiaries of an easy schedule. Since they won a lot this year, their schedule will be harder next year and that won't be an easier on the injury prone Stafford who is 25 but has the broken down body of a 35 year old.

Brady has been consistent against the toughest schedules year in and year out and the reason why he's having a good year is not for his stats, but for guiding his team despite the lack of WR weapons. You totally got that story confused. No one is talking about him having an outstanding fantasy season. That's Stafford's story... and one that he still has to prove he can do year in and year out.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information