National Fantasy League Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Fantasy League Offseason Thread

This will be the National League's Offseason thread where at first, only paparazzi and GM's can post here, along with SOME post draft interviews(top picks, sliders etc.)

I will kick things off in a moment with our day 1 Combine Show of players who have declared earlier today...

joing me, the commish Brian Rice, is LB/GM Memphis Sizzle, QB Dylan Dellisanti and... special draft god

SCOTT WRIGHT the best draft guy there is... he was nice enough to answer some questions for us, and even has a little surprise at the end!!!

you can PM and AIM questions at any time during the show!!
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

like you managed to get scott into this thing... that is cool

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

I had a feeling that Scott might be the "draft god" that you were referring to.

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
      Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

wait a sec is scott really involved?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Guys, discussion goes in the other thread.

Comment

nice! Scott Wright in da houuuuuseee

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

Im actually giddy for what Scott has to say.

Great work Scotty!
              Keep Choppin.

Comment

Chet Taylor talks about RB World Free.

"Last year I singed World because I thought he would be a good fit to play fullback for the Jackalopes. We already had our star runner in Benn Hart but through the year Free got some more carries and really showed that he would make a great starter on any team. I talked it over with Free now, and he loves the idea of going to a new team to start. I'm talking about a possible trade now with a few teams and I'm looking for a draft pick. However, I do not intend to cut Free. If I can't find a trade partner, World will remain a Jackalope, but I'm hoping I can work out a deal."

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

please refrain from posting in here for now, thanks.

Now I'd like to introduce my first guest, star QB, Dylan Dellsanti!!!
                  (insert cheering crowds)

Rice: Nice to see you Dylan.
                  Dylan: No problem, comish. Anything for you, and you know I love this time of year!.
                  Rice: Don't we all? The tension of who will go where, who's gonna be the next Rodgers or Quinn? Who will be the sleeper? who will your team pick? WEll lets get into the questions, shall we?
                  Dylan: Of course.

Rice: Dylan, who are your favorite players in this draft? guys you'd love to see drafted as your team mates?
                  Dylan:What players do you think you're team should look to draft?
                  I’m hoping we can grab my former teammate Eric Lewis from Maryland. The man is a complete stud and will easily fill the gap. Also DeAngelo King is another favorite prospect of mine (another Terp) he could fill the void left by Mexico Eater or he could play DE and be a dominant pass rusher. Offensively, I hope we can grab DeAndre Morrison from Vandy; he played against top competition in the SEC and is a tall target who could play TE.

Rice: Now Dylan, what player is the most intriguing to you?
                  Dylan:Dmitri Titov.
                  Has a cannon of an arm and surprised people when he got the starting job at USC, but played very, very well. But who ever drafts him should probably pickup Antwaan Davis a FA QB to start this season so Titov can develop, but next year he will be a top QB.
                  Rice: good point, he is raw, but his arm is a ROCKET! Now, what qualities do you like to see in a rookie?
                  Dylan: Someone who works hard. I don’t care if they talk trash so long as they are at practice everyday giving 200%. Kind of like my teammate Jason Baller, the guy can talk and walk.
                  Rice: True, talking and walking are both very important.
                  Rice: Now Dylan, there are always some small school guys who can flat out play, and get it done at the pro level. Who do you think is that guy this year?
                  Dylan:Aaron Brooks from Lee. The guy dominated all through high school and could’ve gone to Miami, V Tech, or USC.
                  Rice: Good choice, now to wrap it up here Dylan, who do you feel had the best workout?
                  Dylan:Someone from Maryland will have a Vernon Davis-Type Work out, but Andrew Sydney from Michigan is a guy to watch.
                  Rice: thanks Dylan, nice work as always and good luck on this upcoming season.
                  Dylan: THanks comish. Anytime.

Rice: Now after this commercial break, we will talk to the controversial yet entertaining Memphis Sizzle
                  Last edited by scottyboy; 08-26-2007, 09:36 PM.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

The Las Vegas Showtime are proud to announce that we have signed WR Jamal Emerson to a 1yr $500k contract.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckNaked View Post
                      The Las Vegas Showtime are proud to announce that we have signed WR Jamal Emerson to a 1yr $500k contract.
                      That's dumb, I offered the same thing and he didn't even respond. I guess he would rather be a standout on a bad team then win a championship.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                        That's dumb, I offered the same thing and he didn't even respond. I guess he would rather be a standout on a bad team then win a championship.
                        We go back......Sort of.

Comment

Well, thanks to Blackie Chan, there is breaking news out of Vegas that we will evaluate on later...

Now onto the show, where we meet Memphis Sizzle!!!

Rice: Memphis, how is it going?
                          Sizzle: good comish, pretty good.
                          Rice: Let's dive right in shall we?
                          Sizzle: Let's do it.
                          Rice: Now as a GM, what players or certain positions are you looking at in this draft?
                          Siz:Since we are an expansion team we arent stiffling ourselves to one position or player, watch for us to be busy on draft day though
                          Rice: Nice strategy, now, What is your strategy when drafting? Need or Best
                          MS: As I said earlier, our depth chart is empty so everything is a need. We dont read much into were "experts" have players going, we have our chart, we know who we want and how badly we want them.
                          Rice: Many teams have had success following their boards in the past. Now an interesting question here, that I personally would LOVE to hear the answer for, Will you have players play with the "tenacity" that you do?
                          MS: I want players that have a passion and love for the game, we are gonna pride ourselves aggressive play, we will be the most feared team in the league.
                          Rice: pretty big, and good goal to shoot for. Thanks alot Memphis and good luck as GM and player.
                          MS: No problem, anytime.

well, after this break, I'll bring in draft god Scott Wright to break down some prospects, and gives us a little treat at the end. Stay tuned, but now, a sneak peak of the new Geico Cavemen sitcom: "In a Cave with Ryan Leaf".
                          We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

+= sitcom?
                            We ALL bleed scarlet

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              += sitcom?
                              Caveman already has it's ownj sitcom. Ryan Leaf's life should be a Lifetime movie.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information