Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on a Trade?

Hey,

I am considering a fantasy trade and wanted to get an outside perspective.

It's 6 pts. for TD's, 1 pt. for every 20 yds. rushing or receiving and 1 pt. for 50 yds. passing. It's also a keeper league where we can carry over as many as 6 players. Start 1 QB, 2 RB and 2 WR. Here's my current roster:

QB
    P Manning
    B Favre

RB
    F Gore
    T Henry
    C Portis
    B Jacobs

WR
    L Evans
    S Moss
    M Jones
    D Jackson
    K Curtis

The deal would be me sending Clinton Portis and Darrell Jackson or Santana Moss in return for Torry Holt and Jamal Lewis.

The injury to Brandon Jacobs complicates matters a bit and I am still high on Clinton Portis but I like the idea of using some of that running back depth to get a top wideout.

Thoughts?
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott, IMO, you should stand pat and try to grab Ward of the Giants to fill in while Jacobs rehabs. I am not a fan of Jamal Lewis this season at all this season. I obviously like Holt better than Moss or Jackson, but the upgrade in WR is not worth the downgrade at RB.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
      Scott, IMO, you should stand pat and try to grab Ward of the Giants to fill in while Jacobs rehabs. I am not a fan of Jamal Lewis this season at all this season. I obviously like Holt better than Moss or Jackson, but the upgrade in WR is not worth the downgrade at RB.
      Well, remember my starters are Frank Gore and Travis Henry so right now Portis is #3 and Jacobs is #4 for me. As much as I like Portis and the running back depth that I have this is a good chance to deal a backup who probably won't help me much for a Top 3 wideout and a long-term keeper. Also, I will have a shot at both Chris Brown and Derrick Ward on waivers.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

If you can get Ward or Brown, you should consider this deal, but for more value. If you can get something better than Lewis (think Ahman Green), plus Holt, I'd say do it. I wouldn't be comfortable playing Jamal in any game this season. Holt is a stud, but he's not that young. I'd advise against moving Santana Moss. I have a feeling about the Skins.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

I would do it considering your depth at RB. Torry Holt is one of the most consistent wideouts week in and week out and he would most certainly be an upgrade at the position for you. As far as Jamal Lewis goes I see him having a big year, more in the second half though, when the left side of the line will be one hell of a unit and he'll get a majority of the carries regardless of who is at QB

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If you can get Brown from the waiver wire, I'd say pull the trigger til it goes click.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
              Well, remember my starters are Frank Gore and Travis Henry so right now Portis is #3 and Jacobs is #4 for me. As much as I like Portis and the running back depth that I have this is a good chance to deal a backup who probably won't help me much for a Top 3 wideout and a long-term keeper. Also, I will have a shot at both Chris Brown and Derrick Ward on waivers.
              Then why ask for our advice, you seem content on making this deal...

Paul

New York Giants
              New York Yankees
              New York Knicks (unfortunately)
              UConn Basketball
              Virginia Tech Football
              UConn Football

Comment

Scott, without a doubt. Holt is one of the best WR's to have for fantasy. always consistant with a good QB who gets him the ball. There will always be that sleeper back you can pick up, and this year it may very well be Ward
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Haha. Scott's too good for the fantasy thread. But that's a fairly weird trade. I wouldn't want Lewis, but you should try to get Santana off your team.
                  Ohio State Buckeyes Duke Blue Devils New York Jets St. Louis Cardinals San Jose Sharks Seattle Mariners

Comment

Last season, Portis was a top-7 option in most fantasy formats. Even with his possible injury concerns, he's still okay to start in many leagues. The downgrade is really too much unless Scott can grab Brown off waivers to maintain his depth.

Comment

I would do it without hesitation, but then again I'm a Brown's fan.

Comment

Hmm... you're a Browns fan, and you think Lewis is a good buy over Portis? Is your name Phil Savage?

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                          Hmm... you're a Browns fan, and you think Lewis is a good buy over Portis? Is your name Phil Savage?
                          Haha, I just think Holt will be a top 3 WR this year.

Comment

how did you possibly get henry, manning and gore? 4 team league?

Comment

Scott said it was a keeper league. Probably carried Manning and Gore over.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information