Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -UFL-

Undisputed Football League

Intro: There will be a total of 16 teams. 8 teams will be CPU controlled, and 8 teams will be user controlled. All 8 of those teams will have a GM controlling it. The GM will be able to make the coaching staff (HC, OC, DC) using real or made up people. They will include a brief description as to why they chose their coach. Then they will say what kind of defense they run (4-3, 3-4, etc.), and style of offense (Pass Heavy, Run Heavy, Balanced, etc.).

Game Outcomes: The game outcomes will be determined by computer simulation. (Madden). I will look at the stats and final score, and come up with a game summary as to how it might have occurred. Then I will give the stats of all the superstars, the NFLDC user controlled players, and anyone else who had a big game.

The Roster (Part 1): The GM will be able to design his own 50 man roster based on how he thinks they flow with his team. (Be Realistic: Ex. There shouldnít be things like 7í5 players, 600 pound players, etc.) Each team will have 5 Superstar players which means that they will have ratings of 90+. The GMís can use any arrangement of these 5 players. (3 on offense, 2 on defense, 2 on offense, 2 on defense, one on special teams, etc.) GMís can either act manually as these players or have another user fill these spots. The catch to prevent GMís from making all 5 of these players 99ís is there will be an allowance of 470 rating points for these players (when you add up all 5 ratings, the score must be 470 or under.) Also, I want this game to be realistic. So there will be an age setting as well. To prevent all your stars from all being 21 and already stars, the age of the 5 players must be combined to equal 130, for an average of 26 years of age per star.

*If you are accepted as GM, you will present your first roster of your 5 superstars as following:

Position/Player Name/Jersey #:
    User Name: (If you choose a person from the site other than yourself to be the player)
    Rating:
    Weight:
    Brief Description: ex: Great pass blocker, above average run blocker. One of the strongest linemen in the league, but his injury history could be a problem.

Signing Up: If you are not a GM, or selected to be one of the superstar players, this is your chance to play in this league. You will be able to see who the superstars of each team are, so use common sense. If each team has a superstar Kicker, you would be ill advised to sign up as a kicker. Even though you guys arenít the ďsuperstarsĒ everyone will still get a respectable rating. After sign ups are closed, then ceilings and floors will be assigned. No person will get a ceiling of higher than 88, and no one will get a floor of lower than 78. Your final rating will be randomly determined.

The Roster (Part II): After you have your superstars and drafted players info on your roster, you and your team can collaborate on the rest of the team. You can fill out the rest of the roster however you would like. To make it fair though, for the rest of your team you will have an allowance of points you can use. Since Iím typing this with no idea of how many people will be in the draft, I cannot give you a total # of points that you will be able to use. Itís a 50 man roster though, and let us say that there are a total of 30 spots left. The total points you would be allowed to use on the rest of your roster is 2400 points, for an average rating of 80. To prevent you from making your 3rd stringers from having ratings of like 15, the lowest rating you can give a player is a 65. You are only allowed to have 5 people below a 70. Remember that none of the rest of these players can be rated 90 or above. Feel free to give your backups low ratings, but remember this is computer simulated; which basically just means that I canít protect the star players. So if one of them goes down, you are stuck with a low rated backup coming in. After you have this roster made up, you will be able to make 5 Practice Squad players, who will all have ratings of 60, and only play in extreme emergencies. Now you must be thinking, ďI have to fill out all those positions with names and everything?Ē You donít, but if you want to go ahead. You must fill out your drafted rookies and superstars fully but for the rest of the team you can fill the requirements out like so:
    *EXMAPLE*

Position/Jersey #: Nose Tackle/96
    Height: 6í1
    Weight: 350
    Rating: 84

They will be given a random name in the game, and letís say that nose tackle had a big game, I mention him in the summary. It would appear just like NCAA.

John Smith- 31/50 278 yards 2 TDs 2INTs
    George Foster: 18 carries 78 yards 1 TD
    *NT #96: 6 tackles, 2 sacks, FF*

*NOTE*: I think the realism of the game will be what makes it a lot of fun. Iím not going to put an age allowance on the rest of your roster. If you want this league to be successful, and realistic, donít make all your players 21-25. Also donít just make your backups old; again we want this to be realistic as possible.

If you have any questions, or want to be a GM, post here or PM me.

I'll just be a player in this one. So I can create my guy now?

Comment

After the making of players, how much work will the GM's need to do?

Comment

Name: Terrelle Moss #6
        Position: RB
        School: Wisconsin
        Height: 5’ 8”
        Weight: 190
        Scouting Report-
        Positive- Terrelle is an outstanding worker, he constantly gives it his all every snap and does the little things right such as blocking and holding on to the ball. Has great speed and shiftiness, possibly one of the fastest players in the game. Is a constant leader on the field and while he isn’t the most vocal player, he leads by example. Can usually get away with not following blockers because of outstanding speed.

Negative- An undersized back who isn’t going to wow anyone with his power. Sometimes misses holes and doesn’t follow his blockers. He tries too often to outrun defenders instead of following his wall of blockers. Doesn’t have great hands out of the backfield.

Predicted 40: 4.34
        Predicted Bench: 15 at 225
        Last edited by wiscbadgerfootball; 10-16-2007, 08:49 PM.

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests

Comment

BLASPHEMY!!!

But I'll join. I'll post my player here later, maybe.
          Last edited by Caddy; 10-16-2007, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Name: Tarvaris Young #5
            Position: QB
            College: West Virgina
            Height: 6'5
            Weight: 225
            Predicted 40: 4.37
            Predicted Bench: 13@200
            Strengths: work horse, running, leader, speed, pass strength
            Weaknesses: pass acuraccy
            Bio: No one has moved more on draft boards than Tarvaris Young has since the season ended. He’s been all over the place. His stock fell when it was reported that he did poorly on his Wonderlogic test, but has risen recently due to good workouts with clubs. Led his team to the BCS National Championship. Threw for 3036 yards, 26 TD’s and 10 picks. The intriguing part of Young’s game is his rushing ability, as ran for 1,050 yards on 155 carries. His athletic ability draws comparison to Michael Vick. Has the ability to outrun defenses and can make things happen. Has above average arm strength. Needs to reduce the amount of risks he takes. Decision making skills and ability to read defenses have been questioned.

Comparison: Vince Young

Last edited by OSUGiants17; 10-16-2007, 08:18 PM.

SPLOOSH

Comment

I'm contemplating being a GM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
              WHO DAT!

Comment

only 3 player!?! Join Now!

SPLOOSH

Comment

Rip off, I say! Rip off!

Seriously though. This sounds good and organized, but I think competition will be bad for this. People won't want two of the exact same league and eventually they'll choose and it'll end up with each of the leagues not having enough players.

I dunno...I'm not sold on this working out, but I might sign up later. No offense to neko but ATL is probably more reliable in this.

Comment

ummm okay?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrownsTown View Post
                      Rip off, I say! Rip off!

Seriously though. This sounds good and organized, but I think competition will be bad for this. People won't want two of the exact same league and eventually they'll choose and it'll end up with each of the leagues not having enough players.

I dunno...I'm not sold on this working out, but I might sign up later. No offense to neko but ATL is probably more reliable in this.

I really had no intentions of putting neko out of commition. I was actually going to wait for a while on this. I found out though that my team has a bye week next week though, which mean no practice and I get home early. So I figured if we can get the draft and everything done by the weekend, I could get this off to a great start.

And neko no disrespect, I talked to atleast 4 people and asked them if they thought I was stepping on your league, and they said no, so I pulled the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        I really had no intentions of putting neko out of commition. I was actually going to wait for a while on this. I found out though that my team has a bye week next week though, which mean no practice and I get home early. So I figured if we can get the draft and everything done by the weekend, I could get this off to a great start.

And neko no disrespect, I talked to atleast 4 people and asked them if they thought I was stepping on your league, and they said no, so I pulled the trigger.
                        i dont really mind so long as its more of a madden sim

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
                          After the making of players, how much work will the GM's need to do?

Not much really. It's in the beginning, with the making of the players and the draft. Afterwards, you can just do intervies and stuff and act as your 5 star players, coaches, or as GM/Owner.

Comment

You should have the champions from each league play eachother, have some 3rd party decide who wins or something.

Comment

Hmm...this seems like the AFL, maybe a merge is in the future...besides, a little healthy competition is good...I might sign up later

sig by BoneKrusher

Originally posted by BuckNaked
                              Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information