D-Unit's NFLDC MLB Dynasty League

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Unit's NFLDC MLB Dynasty League

Welcome to the first inaugural NFLDC MLB Dynasty League hosted by yours truly. Those of you invited to this league know who you are. We will be using this thread to maintain our discussions throughout this upcoming baseball season. Here's wishing you guys the best of luck as the competition in this league looks to be incredibly challenging. With that said, here is the game play below:

Game Play:

1. This is a 12 team league. Here are the Team Owners:

Season 1
    • Bearsfan_51
    • Wingboy2999
    • D-Unit
    • Number 10
    • Jbond93
    • djp4516
    • Creekeagles
    • JJJ888
    • Toonsterwu
    • Bsaza2358
    • Xiomera
    • Charm City Brydgang

2008 Final Standings
    1. Xiomera
    2. D-Unit
    3. Number 10
    4. djp4516
    5. Bearsfan_51
    6. JJJ888
    7. Wingboy2999
    8. JBond93
    9. Bsaza2358
    10. Creekeagles
    11. Charm City Byrdgang
    12. Toonsterwu

Season 2
    • Bearsfan_51
    • Wingboy2999
    • D-Unit
    • Number 10
    • P-L
    • DJP
    • Tampa 2 4 Life
    • fischbowl
    • Giantsfan1080
    • Bsaza2358
    • Xiomera
    • Fenikz

2009 Final Standings
    1. Xiomera
    2. Giantsfan1080
    3. djp4516
    4. D-Unit
    5. Bearsfan_51
    6. Fenikz
    7. Number 10
    8. Wingboy2999
    9. fischbowl
    10. P-L
    11. Bsaza2358
    12. Tampa 2 4 Life

Here is the complete 2009 draft order:

1. fischbowl - Matt Wieters, C
    2. Tampa 2 4 life - Tommy Hanson, SP
    3. fenikz - Vladimir Guererro, OF
    4. bsaza - Hunter Pence, OF
    5. giantsfan1080 - Heath Bell, RP
    6. Wingboy2999 - Adam Jones, OF
    7. P-L - Mark DeRosa, 2B,3B,OF
    8. bearsfan_51 - Garrett Atkins, 1B,3B
    9. djp - Trevor Hoffman, RP
    10. Number 10 - Alex Gordon, 3B
    11. D-Unit - Neftali Feliz, SP
    12. Xiomera - Ted Lilly, SP

13. Xiomera - Randy Johnson, SP
    14. D-Unit - Matt LaPorta, 1B,OF
    15. Number 10 - Jason Giambi, 1B, OF
    16. djp - Kaz Matsui, 2B
    17. bearsfan_51 - Trevor Cahill, SP
    18. P-L - Johnathan Sanchez, SP
    19. Wingboy2999 - Jeremy Guthrie, SP
    20. giantsfan1080 - Daniel Murphy, OF
    21. bsaza - Jason Motte, RP
    22. fenikz - Jose Ceda, RP
    23. Tampa 2 4 life - Jeff Neimann, SP
    24. fischbowl - Jason Donald, INF

25. fischbowl - Yadier Molina, C
    26. Tampa 2 4 life - Gaby Sanchez, 1B
    27. fenikz - Chris Carpenter, SP
    28. bsaza - Howie Kendrick, 2B
    29. giantsfan1080 - Carlos Delgado, 1B
    30. Wingboy2999 - Mike Napoli, C
    31. P-L - Elijah Dukes, OF
    32. bearsfan_51 - Jeff Clement, C
    33. djp - Dexter Fowler, OF
    34. Number 10 - John Smoltz, SP
    35. D-Unit - Brett Anderson, SP
    36. Xiomera - Elvis Andrus, SS

37. Xiomera - Shin-Choo Soo, OF
    38. D-Unit - Derek Holland, SP
    39. Number 10 - Willie Harris
    40. djp - Brian Mastuz, SP
    41. bearsfan_51 - Lars Anderson, 1B
    42. P-L - Michael Bowden, SP
    43. Wingboy2999 - Nick Adenhart, SP
    44. giantsfan1080 - John Zimmerman, SP
    45. bsaza - Paul Konerko, 1B
    46. fenikz - Paul Maholm, SP
    47. Tampa 2 4 life - Reid Brignac, SS
    48. fischbowl - James McDonald, SP

Extended:
    49. fischbowl - Wade Davis, SP
    50. Tampa 2 4 life -Jeremy Hellickson, SP
    51. fenikz - Kenshin Kawakami, SP
    52. bsaza - John Rauch, RP
    53. giantsfan1080 - Dayan Viciedo, 3B
    54. P-L - Brett Wallace, 3B
    55. Number 10 - Jorge Cantu, 1B, 3B
    56. Number 10 - Nyjer Morgan, OF
    57. P-L - David Purcey, SP
    58. bsaza - Garrett Anderson, OF
    59. fenikz - Wandy Rodriguez, SP
    60. Tampa 2 4 life - Dan Wheeler, RP
    61. Tampa 2 4 life - Rafael Soriano, RP
    62. fenikz - Anthony Reyes, SP
    63. bsaza - Andy Petitte, SP
    64. P-L - Felipe Lopez, 2B,3B,SS,OF
    65. Number 10 - Chris Dickerson, OF
    66. Number 10 - Hideki Okajima, RP
    67. P-L - Takashi Saito, RP
    68. fenikz - Doug Davis, SP
    69. Tampa 2 4 life - Randy Winn, OF

2. Keeper Lists:

2008 - http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...&postcount=468

3. The roster consists of 29 active players and 3 DL spots.

C (1)
    1B (1)
    2B (1)
    3B (1)
    SS (1)
    OF (3)
    Util (2)

SP (3)
    RP (2)
    P (3)
    BN (11)

DL (3)

4. This will be a standard 5 x 5 Roto League. Which means there will be 5 scoring categories for hitters and 5 scoring categories for pitchers.

Hitting Categories: Runs, HR, RBI, Stolen Bases and OBP

Pitching Categories: Wins, Saves, Strikeouts, ERA, WHIP

5. Since this is a dynasty league, you will be able to keep up to 25 players from your team at the end of the season to carry over to your team into the next season. The minimum amount of players you will have to keep is 21 and the maximum amount is 25.

6. There will be 4 rounds of drafting next year for every team. However, for those owners who decided to carry over less than 25 players from last year's team into next year's team, those owners will continue to draft until they have a full 29 man roster.

For example, if Owner A decided to keep 23 players from last years team, then he will draft for 6 rounds. While Owner B who decided to keep the maximum of 25 players from last year's team, he will stop drafting after Round 4. Owner C who decided to let go as many players as he could and keep the minimum of 21 players, he will have 8 rounds of drafting.

7. The draft order will be determined by reverse order of the final standings. The last place team will have the first pick in Round 1 and the Championship team will have the last pick in Round 1 and the first pick in Round 2. Then continually, snake style.

8. Players have a 3 year keeper rule. If any player is kept on a final roster for 3 straight years, then he will be placed into the draft pool after the third year is complete. It does not matter on which team the player belongs to or belonged to. Eligibility does not renew if the player is traded, added or dropped. Basically if he is kept on a team for 3 straight years, he goes back into the pool. If he is not kept, then he goes back into the draft pool and his eligibility restarts for another 3 years once he is kept on a final roster. If he is dropped during the season and picked up again, that has no effect on his eligibility. Eligibility is tracked according to final rosters at the end of the year.

For example, if Team A drafted Ryan Howard this year and he gets traded to 5 different teams during the 3 years (and he has been kept every year), then the team that has Howard after the 3rd year will lose him at the end of the season.

Players may be kept twice in a row which gives them 3 years to play before forcefully going back into the draft pool. Once a player is not kept, his eligibility refreshes.

9. If you don't have 21 eligible keepers then you will just have a longer draft with more rounds.

But here's the catch. Every team owner can match the team with the lowest amount of keepers.

Let's say Team A only has 5 eligible keepers and will need to fill his 29 man roster. Team A will have to have 24 rounds of drafting. Now Team B has 15 eligible keepers. The choice will be left open for Team B to keep only 5 players (matching Team A), even though he has 15 players that he could keep. The option is his to do what he wants. If his option is to keep 5 instead of 15, that is fine. That way he can dive into the draft pool and select players that Team A might've dropped. We have to make it like this, otherwise, it wouldn't make sense because Team A would just readd the guys he just dropped because no everyone else ran out of rounds to draft.

So after 3 years, we can expect a longer draft. These drafts will be held on the forum. Only this first draft will be held via Yahoo live. All future drafts will be held offline.

10. All undrafted Free Agents and new player additions to Yahoo will follow the Yahoo Waiver Wire Priority system.

* As Commissioner, I reserve the right to replace owners who don't stay active after the end of each season.

Let's Play Ball!
    Last edited by D-Unit; 02-18-2010, 12:30 AM.

The Draft will be held Friday, March 21st 11:00PM EST on the Yahoo League Website.
    Last edited by D-Unit; 03-12-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Oh snap, it's going to be craaazy.

Follow Me on Twitter!
      https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

What if after 3 years you don't have 21 eligible keepers?

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

I see you didnt invite me...........

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

This is gonna be a crazy league
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Hey D, as I predicted, I'm not going to be able to make the draft. My friend won a happy hour at our local bar. All you can eat and drink for 10 bucks for all of our friends. I can submit a list, pass it off to someone else, or something. Friday night is just a bad night.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                Hey D, as I predicted, I'm not going to be able to make the draft. My friend won a happy hour at our local bar. All you can eat and drink for 10 bucks for all of our friends. I can submit a list, pass it off to someone else, or something. Friday night is just a bad night.
                Go to your team page on yahoo. There, you can prerank your players or just use the Yahoo default rankings. Yahoo will draft your team according to the way your rank your players. You won't have to be worried about having 10 catchers or anything silly like that because Yahoo has a good system set up for this. They actually do a great job. Set that up and don't worry about it.

Comment

I kinda wish this were a more traditional keeper league. Rosters will never change. Keeping 20+ players!?

Oh my ...
                  R.I.P. L.E.F.
                  "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    I kinda wish this were a more traditional keeper league. Rosters will never change. Keeping 20+ players!?

Oh my ...
                    Ah.. you don't know... This isn't a traditional keeper league. This is DYNASTY. There is a huge difference. In this league you will be able to place value on prospects and groom year to year without fear of having to drop them at the end of the season. You'll see there will be an actual BUY and SELL mentality at the trade deadline for teams who are looking to make a final push for the playoffs vs teams looking to rebuild for next year. This league is going to be a beautiful thing.

Comment

I also most likely won't make the draft...I have preranked already and should be set to go.

Comment

This looks really interesting, Well if anyone drops out, I would be willing to fill a spot

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Ah.. you don't know... This isn't a traditional keeper league. This is DYNASTY. There is a huge difference. In this league you will be able to place value on prospects and groom year to year without fear of having to drop them at the end of the season. You'll see there will be an actual BUY and SELL mentality at the trade deadline for teams who are looking to make a final push for the playoffs vs teams looking to rebuild for next year. This league is going to be a beautiful thing.

Sounds great and all, but Yahoo does not have all of the top prospects in its system. For instance, Clayton Kershaw can not be drafted.

It might not work like you want.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Solution: When you want to draft a prospect, take a placeholder and announce the drafting to the league. D will keep a list of these placeholders and will add these players to the teams as they become available.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Will the draft be on here or on Yahoo Live? I'm guessing Yahoo Live, just may hinder that.

As for it being a dynasty, why not have it actually be a dynasty and not have a 3 year cap?

Follow Me on Twitter!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information