Training Camp/League Store

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Training Camp/League Store

Coaches have 15 points they may distribute.
    If the player is 20-25 he may recieve no more than 3 points
    If he is 26-29 he may recieve no more than 2 points
    If he is 30-31 he may recieve no more than 1 point
    90+ Players may only recieve 1 point regardless of age
    Once a player hits 32 it is all downhill from there
    Players will also have some natural development early on. Some players natural development is bigger than others
    Players coming off injury or are 32 years or older will lose points, some drastically. It is also based on position, with RB's losing the most. You may also ask a few players to gain/lose weight, which can have a minor effect.
    Rookies may not hit 90 or above

ALSO! NOW WOULD BE THE TIME TO REQUEST POSITION CHANGES!

Now, what happens if a player goes from a 79 to an 80, 89 to 90, etc, etc. He will have to be resigned the next season, think of it as him holding out because he has gotten better.

LEAGUE STORE COMING SOON
    Last edited by neko4; 05-11-2008, 02:18 PM.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Gamblers Position Changes:

OT Barry Kevins (32 years old, 85 overall) is going to move inside with the addition of Atlas Dane. He will compete for the starting RG spot with Roy Wells (27 years old, 81 overall). Kevins will also remain the main backup OT whether he wins the job or not, so if one of the starters is hurt, he will move back outside if hes starting at RG.

Temporary/Situational Changes:

DE Jared Jenkins (23 years old, 80 overall) will start at one of teh 43 OLB positions. The reasoning behind this is because he is very athletic and it will allow for us to have our best players all on the field in the front 7. As part of a rotation, he can move up to put his hand down in as an end and give Darryl Diggs or Corey Thompson a breather. Also, either Jumaane Kweku or Frank Stein can rotate out and Corey Thompson can slide in since hes a big fella too. OLB Jason Widener will move back in to OLB when Jenkins rotates around.

Furthermore, on passing situations (either nickel or dime), Jenkins will move up and Thompson will slide inside to get our best 4 pass rushers on the field at once (Diggs, Kweku, Thompson, and Jenkins)

Both Jenkins and Thompson will be listed as DE's but they will each rotate around quite a bit depending on the situation or who needs subbed out for a breather.

Coaching Points:

QB Joe Marino +2 (73 -> 75) Age: 23 Years Left On Deal: 2
    - Learning a lot from behind long time veteran Toby Williams. Getting lots of reps with the second team and learning everything he can from offensive guru Dr. van Hammond.

WR Keith Hampton +2 (78 -> 80) Age: 24 Years Left On Deal: 1
    - Getting all kinds of work with the coaching staff. Huge frame with great speed and just needs some real experience to reach his huge upside.

LT Atlas Dane +3 (83 -> 86) Age: 22 Years Left On Deal: 5
    - Getting lots of reps as a LT. Always in the film room adding more brains to his already fantastic brawn. Working on his footwork and quickness. Looking like a franchise LT already.

DE Jared Jenkins +2 (80 -> 82) Age: 23 Years Left On Deal: 5
    - Getting work at OLB and DE which means a lot to learn. He's athletic enough to do it though and the coaching staff is working hard on him. Also seems to be taking in everything he can learn from stud veteran Darryl Diggs.

DE Cory Thompson +1 (80 -> 81) Age: 24 Years Left On Deal: 4
    - Working at both DE and DT. Big guy with good versatility who is getting a lot of attention from the coaching staff. Learning a lot from playing with stud DT Jumaane Kweku and possible future HoFer Frank Stein.

MLB Vinny Bodafuco +3 (83 -> 86) Age: 25 Years Left On Deal: 5
    - Has to be the field general for this defense. Not the most imposing physical specimen but the former Scarlet Knight is impressing the staff with his brains. Will probably be able to call all of the defensive schemes himself after they get through working with him.

SS Jim Flacco +2 (87 -> 89) Age: 25 Years Left On Deal: 5
    - Really going at it during camp. He's already got the look down as a huge, bone-busting safety and the staff is working hard with him to add the brains to the package. A good year and we may be calling him "elite."
    Last edited by BeerBaron; 05-11-2008, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Hawaii will send their 15 points in later, like tomorrow or Monday...

Hawaii position changes:

DE/OLB Jamaal Umenyiora moving full time to stand up OLB(82 rating currently)

OLB Micah Clowe switching inside to MLB(82 currently)

*note- FA signee Jermaine Falls wasn't listed as a FS or SS when a FA, so I've put him at FS.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I'm going to kick OT Chandler Bryant (88) inside.. this way Ronald Weasley can play OT. He is 30, so it is time to get the young guns out there. I will do my 15 points tomorrow probably.

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
          Gamblers Position Changes:

OT Barry Kevins (32 years old, 85 overall) is going to move inside with the addition of Atlas Dane. He will compete for the starting RG spot with Roy Wells (27 years old, 81 overall). Kevins will also remain the main backup OT whether he wins the job or not, so if one of the starters is hurt, he will move back outside if hes starting at RG.

btw neko, when do you want who we're giving our 15 points to?
          By Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post

*note- FA signee Jermaine Falls wasn't listed as a FS or SS when a FA, so I've put him at FS.

Neko, just so you know.. I did that with the intentions that he could play either one.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
              Hawaii will send their 15 points in later, like tomorrow or Monday...

Hawaii position changes:

DE/OLB Jamaal Umenyiora moving full time to stand up OLB(82 rating currently)

OLB Micah Clowe switching inside to MLB(82 currently)

Are you a 3-4?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                Neko, just so you know.. I did that with the intentions that he could play either one.
                ok, I was just making sure. Just mentioning it to be safe, but I was pretty sure that's why you did it.

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                Are you a 3-4?
                4-3, but just remember, Brian Rice coached Jamaal and Jamaal dropped back in coverage quite a bit back at God's College
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

For the most part, changes from FS-SS, and OT-OG wont change ratings. Unless you have a Roy Williams type guy at SS and try to make him play FS

Comment

By Wednesday
                    i added some more to mine above....

also, is there any way we can learn the 'natural progression' you talked about before we hand out our coaches points?

I would see it as maybe giving additional coaching to the guys not progressing as much, ya know? Your call though...just an idea, let me know

edit: furthermore, i assume the practice squad guys will progress too right?
                    Last edited by BeerBaron; 05-10-2008, 10:47 PM.

Comment

A suggestion of mine... I'd make a limit on how many points the 90+ players can get. Maybe like 5 of the 15 can go to them. This is mainly for the rookies to get better, and if you are a stud.. chances are training camp isn't making you much better.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                        A suggestion of mine... I'd make a limit on how many points the 90+ players can get. Maybe like 5 of the 15 can go to them. This is mainly for the rookies to get better, and if you are a stud.. chances are training camp isn't making you much better.
                        true that. i probably wasnt going to worry about my 90+ guys anyway....like you said, TC doesnt usually do much for team's studs

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                          true that. i probably wasnt going to worry about my 90+ guys anyway....like you said, TC doesnt usually do much for team's studs

I was just thinking about it, and I didn't want people adding just about all of their points to the studs negleting the rookies. I mean this is rookie realism and all, but you don't want them to be left completely in the dust. As a matter of fact, a couple stars could very well emerge this year.

Comment

NEW RULE ABOVE

good idea

it struck my mind once, but i mustve forgot

Comment

NEW RULE ABOVE

good idea

it struck my mind once, but i mustve forgot

Just add it to the first post so everyone knows.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information