Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFC Media Thread

Top 5 Pound for Pound fighters in AFC.

5. Padraig McMullen LHW - Quite possibly the best Muay Thai fighter in MMA, his clinch is on stoppable, the only thing slowing this man down is his lack of a ground game, during many of his fights he would knock the man down with vicious knees but then struggle to finish him off.

4. Chino Avante MW - AFC Grand Prix fight of the night winner and current MW champion Avante took it to his opponents. Part of probably the greatest fight in AFC history Avante isn't afraid to get fancy with his striking, landing flying knees like jabs.

3. Alex Wilson WW - Deadpool choked his way to the top, making all 3 of his opponents scream for mercy. In the cage this man goes for the throat, literally and has a bright future ahead of him.

2. Jimbo Gash HW - Jimbo rolled through out the HW division with 3 KO's, 2 in the 1st round, one in only 20 seconds. The man may have the deadliest hands on the planet, from internet sensation to AFC champion Gash is sure to sell tickets.

1. Callum Correll LW - his devastating kicks demolished the LW division on his way to the top, ending up with 3 1st TKO's. While his ground game has yet to be seen his kicks have the power of a HW.

Unhappy with first fight

In an interview The Don said he is really not happy with his performance. "I just didn't get into my game. I usually try to use my punches and my strenght to win. But Chino was a very strong competitor but I really didn't hit anything. I have to train some more, but I'm confident that I can win and fight a lot better than this. At least I showed how tough I am. Chino hit me pretty hard and I still managed to fight him off for a while."

Comment

Pyro sees potential in his performance
      "You know, usually I try and draw the fight out. Win by points or pull my opponent's arm out of its socket. I'm an MMA purist," states the native Italian, an accomplished practitioner of Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

"I don't believe in just coming out swinging. But that first fight... winning that quickly, it was a thrill. It felt natural. Of course, I lost almost as quickly in my second outing, so I need to improve some facets of my game. But it made me think."

Comment

American Fighting Championship and ESPN have agreed in principle to a 1 year deal for having a 2 hour show every Tuesday night. The AFC has named this simply fight night, a huge step for the sport of MMA and the AFC organization.

Comment

Jimbo Gash Post Fight Interview

Round 1 vs Troy McLure

Jimbo: That's it? Was that a warm up fight?

interviewer: Yes Mr Gash that's it what happened?

Jimbo: I don't know I took it easy on him.

Interviewer: Who do you want to fight next?

Jimbo: It don't matter we got 2 more opponents ready to go line em up.
          Last edited by Brothgar; 06-08-2008, 11:25 AM.
          Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
          oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
            Jimbo Gash Post Fight Interview

Round 1 vs Troy McLure

Jimbo: That's it? Was that a warm up fight?

interviewer: Yes Mr Slice that's it what happened?

Jimbo: I don't know I took it easy on him.

Interviewer: Who do you want to fight next?

Jimbo: It don't matter we got 2 more opponents ready to go line em up.
            don't you mean Mr. Gash?

SPLOOSH

Comment

Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
              don't you mean Mr. Gash?
              Ha ha you got me! + rep for you.
              Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
              oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

AFC Fight Night, scheduled fights so far

MW Chris Hero vs J.T. Pairos

LW Thiago Havok vs Jakob Finch

LHW Marcus Mack vs Shelly De Killer

WW Jayson Crane vs Alex McDonald

HW Armin Mrkanovic vs Ben Causer

LW Evan Longorian vs Jorge Romero
                Last edited by fenikz; 06-09-2008, 03:57 AM.

Comment

"Deadpool Wilson calls out Penn, Avante in post-fight interview"

Alex "Deadpool" Wilson called out Kani Penn after defeating in the title match, saying Penn was "unsportsmanlike" in his post bout comments. Wilson later stated that

"anytime he wants to step in the ring again, im ready. He had a gameplan, he was gunna come in and make me tap and beat me on the ground, but i fought his style, and the better fighter came out on top. I bet you all didnt expect to hear the master on hte ground got submitted by a striker. Anytime he wants a rematch, he knows where I am."

Wilson, a renowned trash talker in the sport, loves getting inside his opponents head. And he certainly backs up his talk. His victory over Penn was nothing short of impressive. Speaking of impressive, Wilson later stated that he would not be intimidated by stepping into the octagon against fighters from higher weight classes. Wilson stated

"yeah, I'd fight someone bigger then me. I mean, come on, the bigger they are the harder they fall. I don't back down from anyone. I mean, who is the middleweight champion right now? Avante? he sounds like e mexican breakfast. Get him on the phone, tell him i wanna fight him once Im finished with Penn."

Needless to say, this brash young fighter certainly can talk the talk, and walk the walk.
                  Last edited by A Perfect Score; 06-08-2008, 08:06 PM.
                  Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                  The APS is strong in this one.
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Jakob Finch Post-Bout Interview

Jakob Finch was recently asked to comment on his 2nd round loss to Tim Smith in the AFC Grand Prix. When asked, he replied:

"yeah, I mean its unfortunate, but I give credit where credit is due, and he came out and just fought the better fight. I expected more from myself, but there is always a next time, and I'm sure that I'll see Tim Smith in the ring again before too long."

Finch was also asked to comment on his teammate and training partner Alex "Deadpool" Wilson's recent comments concerning both Kani Penn, and Middleweight champion Chino Avante. He responded with

"ha ha, did he say that? Well, that's Alex, get used to it. He's a bit of a joker, but when he chirps he chirps. And he can back it up, thats the worst part. The guy has never been knocked out. I have been training with him for over 2 years, and I've never seen him go out. That's the worst part about his chirping. There is nothing worse then a guy who talks smack and then backs it up. But you know, that's Alex, and God help the guy who is on the other end of his fist."

And when questioned about his reported feud with fellow lightweight Callum Correll, Finch responded with

"Who, Callum? nah, no feud. That's just some bogus rumour put out there by some bull**** reporter trying to fuel a grudge match. I fully respect Callum, he's a great fighter. Do i think I can beat him? Hell ya. But that's my attitude concerning anyone. Callum is a good fighter and an even better guy. No hard feelings there at all"
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                      "Deadpool Wilson calls out Penn, Avante in post-fight interview"

Alex "Deadpool" Wilson called out Kani Penn after defeating in the title match, saying Penn was "unsportsmanlike" in his post bout comments. Wilson later stated that

"anytime he wants to step in the ring again, im ready. He had a gameplan, he was gunna come in and make me tap and beat me on the ground, but i fought his style, and the better fighter came out on top. I bet you all didnt expect to hear the master on hte ground got submitted by a striker. Anytime he wants a rematch, he knows where I am."

Wilson, a renowned trash talker in the sport, loves getting inside his opponents head. And he certainly backs up his talk. His victory over Penn was nothing short of impressive. Speaking of impressive, Wilson later stated that he would not be intimidated by stepping into the octagon against fighters from higher weight classes. Wilson stated

"yeah, I'd fight someone bigger then me. I mean, come on, the bigger they are the harder they fall. I don't back down from anyone. I mean, who is the middleweight champion right now? Avante? he sounds like e mexican breakfast. Get him on the phone, tell him i wanna fight him once Im finished with Penn."

Needless to say, this brash young fighter certainly can talk the talk, and walk the walk.
                      Penn reacts to Wilson
                      "I'm ready for a rematch, anytime, anywhere. That belt should be mine, he got lucky. So Wilson, if you really think you are up for another fight then you got one."

SPLOOSH

Comment

***Official Announcement***
                        AFC Fight Night On ESPN, Tuesday @ 9 Pm EST/6 Pm PST

MW Chris Hero vs J.T. Pairos (#1 Contender Bout)

LW Thiago Havok vs Jakob Finch (#1 Contender Bout)

LHW Marcus Mack vs Shelly De Killer

WW Jayson Crane vs Alex McDonald

HW Armin Mrkanovic vs Ben Causer

MW Evan Longorian vs Randy Johnson
                        Last edited by fenikz; 06-10-2008, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Finch Says He's Ready For Havok

The Wonder From Down Under isn't nervous entering his next fight, he told reporters after a short training session today. He stated

"I'm ready for it. It's a big fight, but im gunna rebound strong from my last loss and i'm gunna come out strong and he's gotta know i'm gunning for him at this point. He's a good guy, but once i step into that octagon, It's all wonder, Jakob Finch is no more. We fight similar styles, so I'm just gunna go in there, do what I do, and let the best man win.

Comment

De Killer dismisses the threat of Mack, calls his shot

"Marcus Mack? Who?" This was the reaction of the champion shootboxer from Amiens, France after the announcement of the roster for Fight Night this week. "He's just another obstacle. 5 minutes. That's all I'll need."

Comment

Crayne Calls out McDonald

In a heated interview conducted by ESPN reporters, Australian AFC welter weight fighter Jayson Crane has called out his upcoming opponent Alex McDonald.

"The Frenchie? What kind of a dumb ******* nickname is that," said Crane.

"Just let that wimpy *** Canadian ******* try and take me down on fight night. If he thinks that is what's going to happen then he has got another thing coming because I am going to beat the **** out of him."

These words are certainly heated and borderline inappropriate, but they certainly do make for some good smack talk pre-fight. Crayne is expected to win the fight within 2 rounds by knockout.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information