No announcement yet.

2009 Official Fantasy Football Discussion/Help Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I know the fantasy season is over, but I got a trade offer in my keeper league.

I send:
    Maurice Jones-Drew

I get:
    1st Round Pick
    3rd-4th Round Pick
    Joseph Addai
    Vernon Davis

Which would make my keepers:

Ronnie Brown
    Joseph Addai
    Chris Wells
    Hakeem Nicks
    Vernon Davis

with any single one interchangeable with Jay Cutler. I also have the 2nd pick of the first round, and would receive the 14th of 16 in the 1st round in this trade.

Comment

• Well, I lost only due to the last Favre td.... bittersweet. :(
      Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
      Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
        Well, I lost only due to the last Favre td.... bittersweet. :(
        bummer. especially with the hindsight on Reggie Bush . . .

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
          no this will turn into a "Who Should I Keep" help thread
          prophetic . . .

Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
          So I know the fantasy season is over, but I got a trade offer in my keeper league.

I send:
          Maurice Jones-Drew

I get:
          1st Round Pick
          3rd-4th Round Pick
          Joseph Addai
          Vernon Davis

Which would make my keepers:

Ronnie Brown
          Joseph Addai
          Chris Wells
          Hakeem Nicks
          Vernon Davis

with any single one interchangeable with Jay Cutler. I also have the 2nd pick of the first round, and would receive the 14th of 16 in the 1st round in this trade.
          Scoring system? Keeper setup? Do you have to keep players in a particular draft slot/round? Straight keeps where they don't affect the draft at all?

Ronnie is a big question mark and Addai could lose more touches to Brown. Trading MJD leaves you with Wells as your #1 RB which looks promising, but I'm not sure I'd count on any of that yet. Davis has made me a believer so I like that part of it but he's still a TE, whereas MJD is a stud RB.

With potentially 80 keepers I'd guess that 1st round pick will be very valuable with only minimal talent available in the draft. MJD, however, is also very valuable. I think it depends on the keeper system. Overall I'm inclined to think you should keep MJD but I will rethink that based on scoring and keepers systems.

The general idea is this: look at a draft list and scroll down to #80. The group of players in that range are what you will trade MJD for, with Vernon Davis & Addai thrown in for good measure. The 2009 draft list has players like Driver, Sproles, Santana Moss and Jamal Lewis as the available talent in that range. Is something like that preferrable to simply keeping MJD, Brown, Wells, Nicks and Cutler?

Comment

• Straight keepers, no outcome on the draft. PPR league.

Comment

• Which increases the value of Addai and Davis. It's definitely a nice trade offer and he's giving up a lot to get MJD.

I would prefer to keep MJD though. That 1st round draft pick really only gets you a WR3 value or back up RB. Maybe you pull a decent QB or TE but it's not worth giving up a true #1 RB. Keep MJD, Brown & Wells and then dangle Ronnie like a carrot to the owner of Ricky Williams when (if?) Brown returns to the #1 spot in Miami.

MJD is far too valuable, especially if you get to keep players for multiple years.

Comment

• He also offered Matt Schaub and Addai for MJD. I need more depth badly, and the league is extremely QB friendly. To put it in perspective, Schaub averaged the same pts. per week as MJD.

Comment

• If it's that QB heavy I might consider the deal with Schaub involved. You would have the option of keeping 2 QBs with the hope that Cutler shows up next year and becomes a tradable commodity.

At least with Schaub you're giving up a top 5 RB for a top 5 QB.

I still think I'd keep MJD, personally. I always feel like a sleeper can be drafted at TE & QB without as much work, whereas the RB spot is much tougher to do that.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information