Fantasy Hockey Advice Thread.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Hockey Advice Thread.

From what I can tell through the last page and a half we don't have one. And yes, people actually play fantasy hockey.

I have a dilemna.

I'm currently in the midst of trying to choose keepers for one of my leagues but they just installed a new rule where you have to keep atleast 1 Forward, Defenseman, and Goalie. My only goalie worth keeping is Thomas Vokoun. Underrated in my opinion but regardless, I have more than enough forwards worth keeping.

Do I trade Patrick Marleau for Carey Price?
    I would keep Ovechkin, Hossa, Gaborik, Pronger, and Price if I make the trade.
    Otherwise, I would keep Ovechkin, Hossa, Marleau, Pronger, and Vokoun.

Sniper, if you read this. Is Price worth keeping?

How many teams are in the league? What goalies would you expect to be available? And what position(s) is Marleau listed at?

Comment

If it's a keeper league you should jump all over that deal! Long-term Price is a top-5 keeper at his position. I'd expect Marleau's role in SJ to continue to diminish, plus center is easily the deepest position in fantasy hockey and you should be able to find some nice sleepers in-season. Price's main issue right now is consistency, so you will have to be patient with his production.

edit.. I think Marleau may be listed at LW as well but that doesn't really change my opinion very much
      Last edited by 619; 09-14-2009, 10:25 AM.

Comment

10 team league. Marleau is listed as just a F. The league isn't position specific.

A team is keeping Lundqvist, Thomas, Huet, and Luongo as 4 of his 5 keepers. We can only start 2 per night. It's more of a 'ransom keep.' I offered my first available pick in the draft for Thomas. He's yet to get back to me.
        Last edited by tjsunstein; 09-14-2009, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Are you seriously asking this question ? like seriously ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
            Are you seriously asking this question ? like seriously ?
            Haha, not big into hockey.

Comment

IMO Goalkeepers are the most important players in fantasy hockey. Who you got outside of Price ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
                IMO Goalkeepers are the most important players in fantasy hockey. Who you got outside of Price ?
                I would have Price if I accept the trade offered for Marleau but other than him, I only have Vokoun who is worth keeping.

Comment

Take Price like right now.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

and if you could trade gaborik for something he is always hurts.

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

Lol that guy's keeping Huet? I would keep Price over Vokoun in a keeper league. Price is still very young and he just had a down year plus Vokoun has Markstrom waiting in the wings.

Comment

He's holding Huet as ransom because everyone needs a goalie to keep. I doubt he actually follows through because as of right now, 2 days before the deadline, he hasn't made a deal.

Of the following players; what 5 do I keep?
                        Alex Ovechkin
                        Marian Gaborik
                        Marian Hossa

Simon Gagne
                        Chris Pronger
                        Carey Price

Thomas Vokoun

The names in italics are the one I currently have selected.

Comment

I just came in here to see what's up, and it's like you all are speaking a foreign tongue.

Comment

I'm going into the draft looking much better than what I came out of the season with.

F - Alex Ovechkin
                            F - Marian Hossa
                            D - Chris Pronger
                            G - Tim Thomas
                            G - Carey Price

Like I said, I had to keep atleast one forward, defenseman, and goalie.

Comment

I guess I'll be the one utilizing this the most since most here probably know a bit more about hockey and fantasy hockey than I do.

Would you do this trade in a keeper league?

Send Tim Thomas, Bos G

Receive John-Michael Liles, Col D
                              Receive Niklas Backstrom, Min G

Keep in mind that I don't really have much defense. Pronger, Robidas, Rivet, Koistinen and that's all. Is it worth giving up the now number 1 goalie in fantasy hockey for that help as well as a loss of wins. My only other goalie is Carey Price. Input please.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information