Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of starting an AL-only dynasty league.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of starting an AL-only dynasty league.

Er....not that AL...

Hi kids. I've played in a lot of leagues and people can attest that I'm a damn active participant. Lately, however, I've been thinking about starting my own league that's different from the rest (and therefore, not in competition with anyone else).

Here's what I have in mind.

-Almost entirely dynasty-oriented. I like scouting the minor leagues and like rewarding people for thinking longterm.

-AL only. Limiting it to one league allows for more consistency in competition, and also forces the participants to know the depths of the rosters. (I'd be fine with NL only if there is a preference)

-A rotational committee that would determine compensatory draft picks (or auction money) for anyone whose player may switch leagues at any point. Probably a 3 person panel, with substitutions so that no person would be able to determine their own compensation.

-Smaller rosters with a specifically designated # of bench spots for minor league players. If one of your ML players gets called up, you have to make a spot for him on your major league roster or cut him.

-And that's about it. I haven't PM'ed anyone because....I dunno I just haven't. Preferences will be given to originals because I know who is active among them. I'm only looking for eight teams. The goal is to be tight, efficient, and detail oriented. If there is a lack of interest I simple won't do it.

-Even if you think I'm a prick on here (and why wouldn't you), my attention to detail is pretty spot-on, and I like to be fair to everyone.
    Last edited by bearsfan_51; 02-24-2010, 02:08 PM.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Id be game, I like to consider myself a regular now.

Comment

Never done a one league only... league. I'd be interested.

What if a valuable NL player (Heath Bell could very well be traded at the deadline) switches leagues, how would it be decided who has rights to him?

Comment

Yeah that's the big question.

Normally, league specific leagues (that sounds awkward) are also auction leagues where you don't have to spend all of your money. That way, when a player pops up, anyone with extra dough can bid on him.

The only other options that I can think of would be:

A) Treated just like a waiver wire (in which case, someone awarded a draft pick could defer that for a higher spot on the waiver wire)

B) Nobody could pick up that player until the end of the season.

I'm open to lots of suggestions when it comes to that, although I'd lean towards auction.

Actually, it might work best to make the league an auction league where you can store money, and have the panel simply decide how much a player is worth when/if you would lose him to another league.
        Last edited by bearsfan_51; 02-24-2010, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
          Actually, it might work best to make the league an auction league where you can store money, and have the panel simply decide how much a player is worth when/if you would lose him to another league.
          Auction would be a good way to do it.

Comment

Never did one of these but I'd definitely be open to the idea. I know the National League much better but I could increase my AL knowledge quickly if need be :-)

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

What the heck. Count me in. AL DEFINITELY. NL eeewe.

Comment

my name iz Scotty, I am a Rutgers homer, and I am interested.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I did send out a few offers zachsaints and grizzlegom, so I will give them first preference, only because I know and trust those users. I'd like to incorporate some new users into the club of originals though, and I don't think there will be heavy interest with so many leagues already. I don't want to expand, however, with limited rosters and a proposed auction draft.

1) BF51
                  2) tjsunstein
                  3) scottyboy
                  4) D-Unit
                  5) Hchu
                  6) Brodeur
                  7) yo123
                  8) Charm

9 or 10???

-zachsaints
                  -grizzlegom

I'm thinking a starting lineup of 9 batters (1 UTIL), 8 pitchers, a bench of 4 major league of 3 minor league players. I much prefer points league/head to head as opposed to roto. Thoughts?
                  Last edited by bearsfan_51; 02-24-2010, 03:36 PM.

Comment

I'm definitely game.

BoneKrusher

Comment

I currently have no fantasy baseball teams and would be totally up for this.

Comment

I did send out a few offers zachsaints and grizzlegom, so I will give them first preference, only because I know and trust those users. I'd like to incorporate some new users into the club of originals though, and I don't think there will be heavy interest with so many leagues already. I don't want to expand, however, with limited rosters and a proposed auction draft.
                        No problem, I'll be sure to keep an eye on the thread in case I get in!

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

If there is still room I'd be interested.

Comment

I could do things that involve me being involved.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

1) BF51
                              2) tjsunstein?
                              3) scottyboy
                              4) D-Unit
                              5) Hchu
                              6)
                              7)
                              8)

-zachsaints
                              -grizzlegom

I'm thinking a starting lineup of 9 batters (1 UTIL), 8 pitchers, a bench of 4 major league of 3 minor league players. I much prefer points league/head to head as opposed to roto. Thoughts?
                              Why is there a question mark next to my name? I'm game if that's what is in question. Otherwise, you spelled my name right.

Also, I'm a big roto fan but I'll do anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information