2010 Fantasy Football Discussion/Help Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Fantasy Football Discussion/Help Thread

Fantasy Football has come upon us, and we need a discussion thread! All trade help, start 'em/sit 'em, etc goes in this thread!

I'm down for a league to get into online over at NFL . com is any one here putting one on there . hit me up with a message .

Comment

You're starting earlier each year . . . I think you have a problem.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs

Comment

Here's a team that I have in a Yahoo league that I did:

QB: Rodgers/Henne
        RB: MoJo/Beanie/Charles
        WR: Calvin Johnson/Sims-Walker/Harvin/Mike Wallace
        TE: Finley/Heath Miller
        K: Janikowski/Reed
        DEF: Pittsburgh/Giants

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingElvis View Post
          You're starting earlier each year . . . I think you have a problem.
          C'mon Elvis, you know that fantasy football season never ends when you are in a dynasty league.... or 3.
          Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
          Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
            C'mon Elvis, you know that fantasy football season never ends when you are in a dynasty league.... or 3.
            pfffft . . . amateur.

no dynasty leagues for me and it still never ends.

;)

my 3 $$$ are all keeper leagues, though.

Comment

I joined a 16 team Dynasty League on Yahoo! 5 managers left from last year, so they put all of their players into a draft pool and had me and the 4 other new managers do a 5 team draft the other night. This is what I ended up with: (We had to pick all players at this point, a few guys are retired)

QB Chad Henne
              QB Kurt Warner

RB Jonathan Stewart
              RB Fred Jackson
              RB Brian Westbrook
              RB Willie Parker
              RB Kahlil Bell

WR Larry Fitzgerald
              WR Vincent Jackson
              WR Dwayne Bowe
              WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

TE John Carlson
              TE Greg Olsen
              TE Jeremy Shockey

D Denver
              D N.Y. Giants

A few things about the league scoring/settings:

Start - QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR, D

QBs - 25 yards = 1 pt, TD pass = 4 pts, INT = -1 pt, BONUS at 350 yards = 5 pts

RBs/WRs/TEs - 10 yard RUSH/REC = 1 pt, TD = 6 pts, CATCH = .5 pt, BONUS at 150 yards RUSH or REC = 5 pts

30 Return Yards = 1 pt

I feel really good about my WRs. RBs not so much. I do have the 2nd overall pick in the upcoming Free Agent/Rookie Draft.

I have just been offered a trade. Drew Brees for Dwayne Bowe and my 2nd overall pick. Looks like Brees can dominate in this league, but with that 2nd overall pick I will be able to get Dez Bryant or Spiller/Best since I figure Ryan Matthews will go 1st.

What do you all think I should do? I like Henne and I'm high on him in the future. This is Drew Brees though. Thanks!

Comment

Get Brees. Thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                  Get Brees. Thank me later.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                  https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

How many rounds is the expansion draft? You should at the very least counter and try to get another draft pick out of it. However, Brees is a really nice piece. The big issue here is that your RB's are kind of poopoo, forcing you to then trade for RB help. Not to say that Spiller or Best will definitely help that much. Just saying that you have a pretty obvious weakness.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Yeah, I know that my RBs are weak. There honestly weren't many backs to choose from and since this league starts 3 WRs and gives .5 per catch I felt pretty good getting 3 #1 WRs. I don't know how many rounds the rookie/free agent draft is, I need to find out. I think 5?

Thanks for the replies, fellas.

Comment

I think you should try to extract an extra draft pick out of this. The #2 rookie RB is worth a lot. Brees is a really nice get, but you should try to pry another draft pick. Why? Why not?

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Oh, I agree. That was my initial thought as well if I were going to do this. Thanks.

Comment

Damn. What other QBs does he have that he's giving up Breesus?

I agree you should push for a return draft pick. 3rd round, maybe? My only hesitation would stem from the fact that you don't have a very competitive team and will need at least a year to be any good. Brees may set you back a bit and that #2 overall will probably make the team giving up Brees even more dominant.

Any idea what kind of non-rookie talent is back in the pool?

Comment

I would almost stand pat at this juncture. The guy is giving you a pretty tantalizing offer, but who knows whether it's worth it? I'm not a dynasty expert or even familiar with the setup. Still, you're paying a pretty steep price by not drafting in the first round. You're basically not going to get any more players until pick #31 overall. That's a pretty huge price to pay, even for a top 3 QB. You should consult someone who really knows his stuff. I think the deal looks better on paper than in reality.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information